NATURAL 4a/b HEADS... What's Your Regimen???

Colliecole

I'm about to get the BC and I'm not too sure how I'm going to care for my hair once the relaxer's gone...

Do you use the same products (con poo's leave-ins ect.) as when you were relaxed? If not, why?

Anyone switch to mostly natural products?

Hi there, I have a lot of things mentioned in my fotki you can take a look at to see if you want to try.

I think the main thing is to listen to your hair. Try something and if it works great if it doesn't then try something else.

Your natural hair is new to you and you are new to it so let it tell you what it will need in orer to thrive.

Not everything will work so I would suggest you not jump on every new product or process than comes through. That is easier said than done but it is possible.

Also realize that your hair may or may not grow as quickly and others on this board. You could have slow growing hair or hair that goes dormant with growth or quick growing hair. Don't get discourged just learn, listen and watch and your hair will educate you.

Happy growing and enjoy the journey.

Last edited:
I'm about to get the BC and I'm not too sure how I'm going to care for my hair once the relaxer's gone...

Do you use the same products (con poo's leave-ins ect.) as when you were relaxed? If not, why?

Anyone switch to mostly natural products?

My regimen has changed since I first did the big chop. When my hair was shorter, I would co-wash or rinse almost everyday.

I currently wash and condition my hair every 2 weeks. After rinsing out the conditioner, I detangle under flowing water from the shower head. I do one of two things most of the time after getting out of the shower:

1) apply heat protectant/leave-in and a lil' grease sometimes, and then blowdry and wear my hair in some variation of a fluffly afro OR press it (rarely do)

OR

2) apply moisturizer/leave-in + BB oil, part my hair down the middle, put my hair into two shrunken puffs

I didn't use many products when I was relaxed (just relaxer, shampoo, and grease! :lol: ) I have never been consistent with hair products. I don't use many as it is anyway. Once I use up products, I may try something else.

Hi there, I have a lot of things mentioned in my fotki you can take a look at to see if you want to try.

I think the main thing is to listen to your hair. Try something and if it works great if it doesn't then try something else.

Your natural hair is new to you and you are new to it so let it tell you what it will need in orer to thrive.

Not everything will work so I would suggest you not jump on every new product or process than comes through. That is easier said than done but it is possible.

Also realize that your hair may or may not grow as quickly and others on this board. You could have slow growing hair or hair that goes dormant with growth or quick growing hair. Don't get discourged just learn, listen and watch and your hair will educate you.

Happy growing and enjoy the journey.

Very good points. I guess Im just a lil' nervous because it's getting chopped tomorrow afternoon :hide:

:grin: Thank you, I will def. check out your fotki!!

I'll probably do this as well. I'm sure my TWA will love co-washing bcuzz my NG loves it now. I ususlly grab whatever con I have and mix it with caster oil.

The shrunken puffs sounds cute:grin:

My regimen has changed since I first did the big chop. When my hair was shorter, I would co-wash or rinse almost everyday.

I currently wash and condition my hair every 2 weeks. After rinsing out the conditioner, I detangle under flowing water from the shower head. I do one of two things most of the time after getting out of the shower:

1) apply heat protectant/leave-in and a lil' grease sometimes, and then blowdry and wear my hair in some variation of a fluffly afro OR press it (rarely do)

OR

2) apply moisturizer/leave-in + BB oil, part my hair down the middle, put my hair into two shrunken puffs

I didn't use many products when I was relaxed (just relaxer, shampoo, and grease! :lol: ) I have never been consistent with hair products. I don't use many as it is anyway. Once I use up products, I may try something else.

Don't forget to post pics of your BC!

I can already tell that the products that I have been using on my relaxed hair is not responding to the natural part of my hair. One constant has been Creme of Nature(green). Both of my textures have responded favorably.

Don't forget to post pics of your BC!

I can already tell that the products that I have been using on my relaxed hair is not responding to the natural part of my hair. One constant has been Creme of Nature(green). Both of my textures have responded favorably.

I noticed this with Silicon Mix, Shampoos and others:ohwell: I think I'm going to be doing mostly natural products. My hair LOOOVES Castor oil:yep:

ETA: I wont forget to post the BC:grin:

Last edited:
I definitely do not use the same products as my relaxed hair (only my conditioner) bc it just does not work.

I really started wearing my hair out in NOV...I am currently wearing a sew-in bc of my graduation....But I learned that my hair loves moisture of course...so the 5 weeks that I wore my hair out I did not shampoo.. I just CW every 2-3 days..Then I realized that I lose less hair when I only washed 1 a week (due to cold weather).

When I CW I always wash in sections and detangle in shower using wide tooth comb

CW once a week w/ Lekair Cholesterol Cond
Organics Leave-in Cond
Apply raw shea butter on wet hair and twist (my hair is really moisturized after it dries bc of this)
Airdry

At night twist my hair with water...I apply shea butter if needed..but I always use coconut and papaya cream on my ends.

I am going to add Baking soda and ACV rinses to my regimen as monthly to clarify my hair.

Only product that is not natural is my conditioner and leave-in

I definitely do not use the same products as my relaxed hair (only my conditioner) bc it just does not work.

I really started wearing my hair out in NOV...I am currently wearing a sew-in bc of my graduation....But I learned that my hair loves moisture of course...so the 5 weeks that I wore my hair out I did not shampoo.. I just CW every 2-3 days..Then I realized that I lose less hair when I only washed 1 a week (due to cold weather).

When I CW I always wash in sections and detangle in shower using wide tooth comb

CW once a week w/ Lekair Cholesterol Cond
Organics Leave-in Cond
Apply raw shea butter on wet hair and twist (my hair is really moisturized after it dries bc of this)
Airdry

At night twist my hair with water...I apply shea butter if needed..but I always use coconut and papaya cream on my ends.

I am going to add Baking soda and ACV rinses to my regimen as monthly to clarify my hair.

Only product that is not natural is my conditioner and leave-in

Where do you get your raw shea butter? That sounds like a really good combo to follow the con. I hair laughs at most leave-in's...And I love the castor oil as an oil/co-wash, but it's too thick for me to leave in.

Where do you get your raw shea butter? That sounds like a really good combo to follow the con. I hair laughs at most leave-in's...And I love the castor oil as an oil/co-wash, but it's too thick for me to leave in.

treasuredlocks.com..they have alot of good natural products

Back