Ladies who use ApHOGEE Treatment for Damaged Hair who are Apl or longer

Qualitee

Since my hair is getting longer its taking much longer for my hair to harden. I do 4 big pin curls on the four corners of my head, but it never hardens all the way through. I was under the dryer for 2 hours waiting for it to dry:nono:

What do you do to your hair after you apply the treatment and before you go under the dryer and such?

How long does it take your hair to harden with and/or without the dryer?

My hair hardens without the dryer. My understanding is that you need heat for the product to bond to the hair and repair the damage.

Did you properly towel dry your hair? If there's too much water, it won't harden.

Try it again in 6-7 weeks....

My hair hardens without the dryer. My understanding is that you need heat for the product to bond to the hair and repair the damage.

Did you properly towel dry your hair? If there's too much water, it won't harden.

Try it again in 6-7 weeks....
oh ok my hair is never soaking wet but maybe I should try to dry it more before I apply the treatment. But with me the top only hardens and the middle stays wet:sad:

are you using enough product? are you blending the product throughout?

the center of my head takes longer to dry b/c air takes a longer time to get there.

are you using enough product? are you blending the product throughout?

the center of my head takes longer to dry b/c air takes a longer time to get there.
Yeah I use more then half of the bottle. When I apply it, I apply it in 4 sections. I squeeze it in my hair and work it around until its soaked with the treatment. I think its more about the way I position my hair before I go under the dryer:perplexed

I was just thinking today that I need to go back to aphoghee because I'm having breakage problems, but I remember how smelly and messy it was and how I was always scared I would break my hair clean off when it hardened. I was always scared to pin it up for that reason, but thanks to Tanisha's post I will try pinning it up.

Still not lookin forward to that smell and the dripping down the back of my neck and face :mad:

I had the same problems Tanisha. Finally I just kind of fold my hair in half up to the crown and clip it in place with a duck bill. That way the air can still blow through the middle of the portion that's folded in half. I do have to stay under the dryer for a little bit longer, but as your hair grows longer you will have to make those kinds of concessions. If I did the pincurls or rolled it in any kind of way, I agree with you, it would never completely dry. It works out okay with the folding.

I was just thinking today that I need to go back to aphoghee because I'm having breakage problems, but I remember how smelly and messy it was and how I was always scared I would break my hair clean off when it hardened. I was always scared to pin it up for that reason, but thanks to Tanisha's post I will try pinning it up.

Still not lookin forward to that smell and the dripping down the back of my neck and face :mad:
I use these to hold them http://www.cachebeauty.com/Diane/metal_singleprong_curl_clips.htm

I had the same problems Tanisha. Finally I just kind of fold my hair in half up to the crown and clip it in place with a duck bill. That way the air can still blow through the middle of the portion that's folded in half. I do have to stay under the dryer for a little bit longer, but as your hair grows longer you will have to make those kinds of concessions. If I did the pincurls or rolled it in any kind of way, I agree with you, it would never completely dry. It works out okay with the folding.
I think Im going to try the fold you mentioned. But I was thinking if I do 3 pin curls on each side instead 2 on each side,I think the air flow might dry it easier:rolleyes:

I think Im going to try the fold you mentioned. But I was thinking if I do 3 pin curls on each side instead 2 on each side,I think the air flow might dry it easier:rolleyes:

True, if you make more curls it may help. But wrapping the hair over itself a few times tends to be what hinders the drying. Try it though. Just be careful manipulating the hair while it's hard with all the clips in it. I usually leave the clip in my hair and just let the water soften it up, then I remove the clip. That may help.:yep:

True, if you make more curls it may help. But wrapping the hair over itself a few times tends to be what hinders the drying. Try it though. Just be careful manipulating the hair while it's hard with all the clips in it. I usually leave the clip in my hair and just let the water soften it up, then I remove the clip. That may help.:yep:
How long does it take your hair to dry/harden?

I braid my hair in 4-8 loose braids after applying the product. I apply about 1 capful per braid. Then I pull the braids up on top of my head, like an octopus and tie them there with nylon knee-hi.

I sit under the dryer for about 15-20 minutes. It is really hard and crunchy on the outside with some moistness in between the braids on the inside. I don't try to get it completely dry all the way through, just dry 'enough'. The decision for me to not sit until the braids are completely dry is due to impatience, not knowledge. It has worked well for me thus far. :yep:

I sit straight up under the dryer. I even try moving my head forward and to the sides but nothing works. I just give up after an hour and walk around and it still doesn't get totally hard.
dang:nono: I thought it was just me or my hair dryer not being powerful enough:ohwell:

I braid my hair in 4-8 loose braids after applying the product. I apply about 1 capful per braid. Then I pull the braids up on top of my head, like an octopus and tie them there with nylon knee-hi.

I sit under the dryer for about 15-20 minutes. It is really hard and crunchy on the outside with some moistness in between the braids on the inside. I don't try to get it completely dry all the way through, just dry 'enough'. The decision for me to not sit until the braids are completely dry is due to impatience, not knowledge. It has worked well for me thus far. :yep:

I use a handheld dryer to help mine dry faster. I sit under for 10-15 minutes to dry the crown and most of the sides and then I use my rusk dryer for the rest. I dry it with my hair just hanging straight down.

Back