Aphogee Users with Lengthy Tresses, Question for Ya :)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I know you sit under the dryer with the treatment until it hardens, but if your hair is past your shoulders, do you pin it up so that it can be under the dryer? I would imagine it would NOT dry and harden if it was hanging straight down.

How do you handle this?

ETA: meant to say would NOT dry and harden if it was hanging straight down

Last edited:

BrooklynSouth

Supergirl said:
I know you sit under the dryer with the treatment until it hardens, but if your hair is past your shoulders, do you pin it up so that it can be under the dryer? I would imagine it would dry and harden if it was hanging straight down.

How do you handle this?

Supergirl, find and read a thread I started called APHOGEE WALK THRU. Excellent advice and methods there.

CAPlush

I don't have long hair, but I put my hair in 4 sections and pin it up because it dries faster that way and I can get better coverage of the weak sections I have in the back. I use plastic duck bill clips so they don't get so hot under the dryer. Also, I don't remove them or mess with them while the hair is still hard, I just let them fall out during rinsing. I hope this helps you!!!:)

KiniKakes

Although I know many women do it, Ive never liked the idea of pinning/piling my hair up while it hardens. As fragile as my hair is, that just seems like a recipe for breakage! :look:

What I do is sit under the dryer to let the top of my hair harden..... then I stand (butt-nekkid) in the bathroom mirror and use a hand blowdryer to dry the ends of my hair, which is down my back. The hair does harden and stick to my neck/back, but thats fine..... although it "feels" icky and annoying, I dont try to unpeel it or take it off. When I shower and wash my hair, it comes loose.:look:

So yep, no pinning up the hair for moi..... i just dry it with the hand dryer. It takes forever and is very boring, but it works. :)

wheezy807

I asked this in the other thread but how long does the drying process typically take? I would just like to stop touching, and checking to see if it's dry.

Lucia

Supergirl said:
I know you sit under the dryer with the treatment until it hardens, but if your hair is past your shoulders, do you pin it up so that it can be under the dryer? I would imagine it would dry and harden if it was hanging straight down.

How do you handle this?

I section my hair in 2 pour as much Aphogee as it will take without dripping too much but I wet my entire hair with it. Then I make half, loose braids (2) then I use a plastic claw clip to pin it up, or tie my ponytails together on top of my head, and go under the dryer until it hardens. It will stink, and your hair will be sticky and hard when it's dry. When I rinse I follow the directions it says let the water loosen your hair, then once it's all wet and hanging down, I check my hair open the middle sections of my hair to make sure it's all rinsed out. You MUST use the balancing conditioner, it cuts the smell and fixes the pH balance of your hair. I mix the balancing conditioner with others and do a deep moisterizing treatment. hth

Last edited:

thiccknlong

KiniKakes said:
Although I know many women do it, Ive never liked the idea of pinning/piling my hair up while it hardens. As fragile as my hair is, that just seems like a recipe for breakage! :look:

What I do is sit under the dryer to let the top of my hair harden..... then I stand (butt-nekkid) in the bathroom mirror and use a hand blowdryer to dry the ends of my hair, which is down my back. The hair does harden and stick to my neck/back, but thats fine..... although it "feels" icky and annoying, I dont try to unpeel it or take it off. When I shower and wash my hair, it comes loose.:look:

So yep, no pinning up the hair for moi..... i just dry it with the hand dryer. It takes forever and is very boring, but it works. :)

I agree with this totally. Before I cut my hair, my ends were mid back and it was soooooo hard to dry them. But, using a blow dryer pointing DOWNwards will do the trick. HTH ! :)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Thanks everyone. I am planning to use my USDT (Ultra Sheen Duo Tex) in the manner that Aphogee is used. (a stylist told me it could be used this way)

SandySea

dlewis said:
I bought some of this. Should it stink? It smells awful.

:lol: :lol: Yes, it's meant to stink. I laugh because the first time this was used on me at the hair dresser, I thought her dryers needed cleaning (I was a kid).