Ladies who never had long hair before LHCF

I must really love you ladies because I am about to post pics I never let anyone see. but I hope in doing so, someone will find inspiration.

OK I have said before my has never been longer than 1 to 4 inches. what would happen is every 2 years all the damage that had been done would have to be cut away and I would be back above ear length, but I would tell myself "I look better with short hair" or "I like a short style better easier to manage." or my favorite lie to myself, "if I want long hair I prefer to just buy it ha ha ha"

so here is my hair story in pictures
1. Kindergarten notice there is no actual hair just some oddly placed barrettes. This was the state of my hair after my mother had a curly kit put in my hair when I was 4:nono::nono::nono:. I found out years later she never used curl activator on my hair:spinning: gotta love mom.:ohwell:

2. I was about 20 here, I am wearing a hat and my hair only sticks out about 1 inch. and I am sure it was tapered in the back.

3. that is me holding a curling iron on my hair for god knows how long, this just highlights my bad hair care behavior.:ohwell::perplexed
:ohwell:
4. this is the longest my hair would grow before I would end up cutting it off.

5. and hallelujah this was taken last night!!!
if it was not for this hair board I would still be struggling to keep 4 inches of hair on my head. THANK YOU SO MUCH LADIES OF LHCF!!!!!!

Attachments

• 1325342530-picsay.jpg
    1325342530-picsay.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 1325342619-picsay.jpg
    1325342619-picsay.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 34
  • 1325342717-picsay.jpg
    1325342717-picsay.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 37
  • 1325342891-picsay.jpg
    1325342891-picsay.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 36
  • 1325312449-picsay.jpg
    1325312449-picsay.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Growing up with short hair was hard, especially because my two younger sisters had long (APL-ish) "good" hair. They'd make fun of me, call me "chicken head" and all kinds of mess. It hurt and it sucked. Especially since us girls put so much stock in how our hair looks-- my short hair was a sore spot for me. Soooo, I faked the funk and became dependent on glue-in weaves, which ended up making my hair even worse. But I didn't care because my hair was already short and ugly and messed up, and no one would ever see my real hair anyway.

I would rip one track out and glue a new one right over the old glue residue. :perplexed

I remember once in high school, after I washed my hair, I got out of the shower and took a glance in the mirror... and my scraggly little ends were aaaaalmost touching my shoulders! I was so incredibly happy that I grabbed a camcorder and proceeded to act like I had won an Oscar. True story. :lol:

When I found LHCF in '07, I was amazed by all of the black women who had hair down their backs! I'd never seen such a thing-- it was amazing! I dedicated myself that very day. Went to CVS and bought me some BB Oil Moisturizer, Queen Helene Cholesterol w/Ginseng and bunning supplies. I was a woman on a mission.

After my very first (3 month) stretch, my hair was past my shoulders and my husband told me he was proud of me. :cry: That was a very happy day. One that I'll never forget. *wipes tear away*

Nowadays, my sisters are calling ME for hair advice. :grin:

Back