Ladies who got the Brazilian Keratin Treatment: Updates on BKT and questions

Mystic

At the bottom of this link it states that color should not be done until 3 weeks after the treatment. I am assuming it would be be the same advice for a relaxer. I did remember reading/hearing that before on YouTube somewhere but I can't recall who said it.

http://ok-original-keratin.com/brazilian.htm
[FONT=Arial, Arial, Helvetica]
G. Refrain from applying hair color for 3 weeks after the treatment. For best results we recommend dying hair before the treatment – best is at the same day.
[/FONT]

:bump: I want to know this too...

Mystic

Is the Silk Amino Acid liquid compatible with BKT? Meaning, can I still use conditioners with SAA in it if I did the BKT?

Last edited:

sheba1

Is the Silk Amino Acid liquid compatible with BKT? Meaning, can I still use conditioners with SAA in it if I did the BKT?

Sure! I know I do. Also several of my products contain keratin to fill in any areas as the treatment wears off.

luvn_life

What do you ladies do to your hair when you go to sleep for the first days after the BKT?? I'm guess you can't tie it down...

sheba1

What do you ladies do to your hair when you go to sleep for the first days after the BKT?? I'm guess you can't tie it down...

I actually pull it back and tie it down. And any bends, I straighten in the morning. I know some wrap their hair, also.

luvn_life

Thanks, I know some that do it too. I just wanted to know what to do if you have any bends in you hair, cuz I sleep WILD!!!

Stella B.

Any one with a relaxer who's not transitioning using this regularly?? ... This seems like a great stretching method but i want to know the time frame for alternating the BKT with the relaxer...

This is the main reason I want to try this BKT treatment! I know it would help stretchers go a long as they wanted to possibly even a few years without having to worry about breaking the bonds in the hair with a chemical relaxer. If worse comes to worse and you still wanted to relax, you would probably only have to relax about once a year!!:drunk:

Jenn22588

I wrapped my hair. Normally my wraps have bent hair in the front because I don't do them tight enough but I had no problems after the BKT. I kept it wrapped the whole time I was in the house.

Chanel's Tresses

I made an appointment to have my hair done Friday! :grin: I am so excited. Straight hair in the summer! Hooray! I am transitioning and haven't had a relaxer since Oct 07.

peacelove

Question - I want to get this done because my hair is porous. I found a stylist that I like and want to get it done from, but the problem is I wear my hair curly in the summer very often (see siggy). She claimed I would still be able to do this.. But everything I have read about this treatment says that it keeps the hair straight.

Is there anyone here that is able to do a curly style still with this treatment?

luckiestdestiny

Question - I want to get this done because my hair is porous. I found a stylist that I like and want to get it done from, but the problem is I wear my hair curly in the summer very often (see siggy). She claimed I would still be able to do this.. But everything I have read about this treatment says that it keeps the hair straight.

Is there anyone here that is able to do a curly style still with this treatment?
Grab something to drink, some pop corn, and pull up a chair and hit "search" and "bkt" on the lhcf site. There are people like sheba1 who post pics of their hair curly after bkt and even products they used. Heck I think there might even be pics in this thread if you read through it. If not, I know there are several with posts of lovely curls. in other threads:yep:

Jenn22588

My hair curled right back up first time i washed it. My curls are elongated but that's it. My hair is in no way straight. I think the only way to make your hair straight permanently with bkt is with continued use without letting it wear off or using it with a relaxer. Like destiny said do a search. Youtube and fotki also have pics of curly hair after bkt

peacelove

Ladies thanks for the replies. I have a relaxer in my hair - I forgot to mention that. So that was my concern. I still have curls with my relaxer. So I was curious if any relaxed heads have done this and wear their hair curly. Sorry - I was not clear!

Last edited:

sheba1

Ladies thanks for the replies. I have a relaxer in my hair - I forgot to mention that. So that was my concern. I still have curls with my relaxer. So I was curious if any relaxed heads have done this and wear their hair curly. Sorry - I was not clear!

Hey there, Peacelove. Because you've had a process, more than likely any BKT will make your hair bone straight.

AtlantaJJ

I'm getting close to doing BKT # 3 !!

I'm a extra heavy sweater when I workout but the BKT seems to be hanging in there with me as a great solution!

Before my workout I put my hair in a high pony and tie a bandanna around my hairline. Then after I workout, I make sure my hair is smoothed into my pony tail position and then I tie a dry bandanna on while I'm showing. When I come out the shower, my hair is almost dry. I use a little hairveda gel to make sure my bangs stay down and I'm ready to go.

I'm wearing ponytails mostly these days because I'm trying to strike a balance between healthy hair and healthy body. Its working out well for me so far, so good!!

LoveLongLocks

Question BKT Ladies...

Has anyone achieved very long hair thanks to the treatment?
I notice lots of thickness and some growth, but I am on the fence about the treatment - b/c my hair is already long, I am afraid of heat damage and breakage...However, I would love to enjoy extended straight styles without heat damage.
any and all feedback is appreciated - thanks

MarieB

Question BKT Ladies...

Has anyone achieved very long hair thanks to the treatment?
I notice lots of thickness and some growth, but I am on the fence about the treatment - b/c my hair is already long, I am afraid of heat damage and breakage...However, I would love to enjoy extended straight styles without heat damage.
any and all feedback is appreciated - thanks

I can't say I've achieved very long hair, but I have gone from NL to grazing APL in the last year, so I can't complain. I was never able to retain like this with relaxers. I am transitioning and slowly cutting away relaxed ends and doing infrequent S&D's. My overall hair health has vastly improved, too. I pretty much air-dry to about 80 percent then do a quick blow-dry with a round brush. I only use my flat iron for BKTs .Sorry for the late reply, but HTH.

Sassyone

Hi everyone,
Thinking about getting a bkt myself, but am a little nervous. Anyone available to post progress pics/updates on the health of their hair?

MyAngelEyez~C~U

Hi everyone,
Thinking about getting a bkt myself, but am a little nervous. Anyone available to post progress pics/updates on the health of their hair?

Well, here's my hair in November (1st pic), and my hair now (second pic). I am almost six months into my transition, and BKT's are really helping to keep that transition going smoothly.

Attachments

• 100_2578.jpg
    100_2578.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 27
  • DSCF2736.jpg
    DSCF2736.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 35

soulfusion

Angel that Soul Glo gif in your siggy makes me involuntarily wipe my face. I guess I think activator is gonna come through the computer screen. lol!