Ladies! This is the BEST Detangler AND Moisturizer I've EVER tried!!!

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
:yay: Kid's Organics Shea Butter Detangling Moisturizing Lotion :yay:

Yesterday morning, I did a twistout gone wrong and just pulled my hair back into a puff... :ohwell:

After work, I stopped by the hair store after telling myself I would not buy anymore hair products...

I came across this Kid's Organics hair lotion and remember so1913 and a few other ladies using it in their hair. I also bought me an afro pic with the fist as a handle...

I went to my boyfriend's house which is very close to the hair store. I wanted to pick my hair out before going to church to teach for vacation bible school. My boyfriend lives near my church as well.

Anyway, I put this stuff in my hair and had my boyfriend pick it out with my afro pic. I've never had him do my hair before and was a lil scared at first. Well let me tell you...

This stuff detangles dry hair so easily! It was a breeze! :woot: And he was da bomb at picking out my hair! He didn't rip through it or anything! There were maybe 5 hairs on the afro pic after he got done. I patted my hair into shape and it felt so so soft! Nothing like before!

This hair lotion is amazing! Way better than my all time fav S-Curl! S-Curl sometimes made my hair too soft and weak which would lead to breakage sometimes... But this Kid's Organics lotion is the best product I've ever tried!

Now I have got to learn how to pick out my hair like my boyfriend! :D

Just wanted to share to you ladies who are looking for a good detangler and moisturizer. ;)

atlien11

Poohbear, Do you have a picture or a link. Im going on 14 weeks post relaxer and i am going to need s good detangler for my hair. My salon appointment isnt until the saturday after this coming. Thanks!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Hey Poohbear. I feel the same way about this product. It is the bomb detangler! I love it, and it's not heavy on your hair either. If you like this one you'll also like Africa's Best Organics Liquid Hair Mayonaise. It's equally as good and detangles like no body's business! I've been using these two products for a few years. I remember when I first found them I was excited just like you are. I went and bought them up like crazy. I'm glad you found a product that you like so much.

BTW I did a thread on the AB Organics Kids Shea Butter Shampoo. I really like it. It came close to my beloved CON.

Last edited:

jasmine26

yes, ITA!!! i also picked this up because of recommendations on this board and it is WONDERFUL!! It does a great job on detangling on both wet and dry hair. But i love using it to detangle on dry hair. I use it mainly when i'm retwisting at night and don't necessarily want to wet my hair to detangle. It feels like it melts away all the tangles. I LOVE, LOVE LOVE this product. It's cheap and it's at my local BSS, couldn't be happier!!! Thanks to all those that recommended it:)

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
senimoni said:
Poka - So this is pretty much the same as Africa's Best Organics Liquid Hair Mayonaise??
Yes, the only noticable difference was the smell. They don't have all the same ingredients either but both products performed the same to me.

Poohbear

@atlien11, I'm on my sidekick at work and can't easily get a picture or link of this product. Btw, your lacefront looks sooo like its your real hair!

@Pokahontas, don't make me become a PJ now! LOL! I already bought three conditioners last week after thinking I would cowash everyday. Now my routine has changed once again! And your hair is pretty in your avatar!

@jasmine26, your hair in your signature is beautiful! I have cornrows in the front (different than your though, mine go straight back) with the back in a braidout too!

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Now I have got to try this!! :yep:

Thanks for the recommendation. I will be off to the BSS this weekend....again :rolleyes: :lol:

OT-I use Africa's Best Organics Hair Mayo. It is a staple of mine. It's the best. :woot:

KathyMay

Isn't the best!!! I use it on Babygirl's hair and I am to do her hair without much fussing from her. I sneak and use it on my hair sometimes. The Gro Therapy is great to use also

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Poohbear said:
@atlien11, I'm on my sidekick at work and can't easily get a picture or link of this product. Btw, your lacefront looks sooo like its your real hair!

@Pokahontas, don't make me become a PJ now! LOL! I already bought three conditioners last week after thinking I would cowash everyday. Now my routine has changed once again! And your hair is pretty in your avatar!

@jasmine26, your hair in your signature is beautiful! I have cornrows in the front (different than your though, mine go straight back) with the back in a braidout too!

I know, lol.....but it's so cheap Poohbear, you might as well try it:lol: . So you decided not to co wash everyday? Thank you so much for the complement. Your hair is georgeous also. It's so thick and healthy.

IA jasmine your hair is so pretty. I love that style.

KathyMay

Pokahontas said:
Hey Poohbear. I feel the same way about this product. It is the bomb detangler! I love it, and it's not heavy on your hair either. If you like this one you'll also like Africa's Best Organics Liquid Hair Mayonaise. It's equally as good and detangles like no body's business! I've been using these two products for a few years. I remember when I first found them I was excited just like you are. I went and bought them up like crazy. I'm glad you found a product that you like so much.

BTW I did a thread on the AB Organics Kids Shea Butter Shampoo. I really like it. It came close to my beloved CON.

I forgot to mention that we have been using the shampoo also. Nothing but great things from this product line.

so1913

I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!! I use it daily along with my BBD Stretch. It's GREAT under styling products!

Last edited:

Poohbear

Thanks Pokahontas! I was planning on cowashing daily, but as usual, I got tired of wearing the same shrunken coily puff everyday. I think I will just cowash once or twice a week in order to use up these conditioners I bought.

I will give that Africas Best hair mayo and Kids Organics shampoo a try once I use up some of my current products. ;)

katote

ITA!!!

I was completely sold on Qhemets Detangler for my daughter's hair. She is only 2, and she is what they call tender headed. She can not stand for to touch/detangler her hair, since I did not place my refill order w/Qhemets, I decided to try this product, and it product works wonders.

katote

so1913 said:
I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!!!!!!!! I use it daily along with my BBD Stretch. It's GREAT under styling products!

Off topic, but I love that shirt!!! The saying is cute.

NewYorkgyrl

OMG Poohbear I just came back from the BSS with this product after reading this post this morning. I am such a product junkie. LOL But because I am transitioning I need all the help I can get with my hair. Will let you know how it works.

brownsugarflyygirl

I randomly picked this up at Target one day while in my newbie PJism phase of never leaving a store without browsing the hair products...it was only $1.99 so I bought it...now they have it marked for $4.99 :mad: I shoulda stocked up...

Anyways, after reading so1913 review of it, I pulled it out of the drawer and tried it....I use it every wash now! I agree that it works great under styling products...

I use it btw my leave-in and my CD styling prodcuts...so much SLIP! I love that stuff....it smells good...I wish the smell lingered but it dissapears after it dries....

The ingredients are standard conditioner stuff, then some parabens (which I am :( about), and then a whole bunch of organic stuff...in that order..I know its not specific but it gives you the general idea.....its like a 100 ingredients literally...its the longest list I have seen so I dont think anyone is going to type it out...sorry :perplexed

but I would say its in line with like elucence...mostly natural with some parabens...almost but no cigar :ohwell:

so1913

brownsugarflyygirl said:
I randomly picked this up at Target one day while in my newbie PJism phase of never leaving a store without browsing the hair products...it was only $1.99 so I bought it...now they have it marked for $4.99 :mad: I shoulda stocked up...

Anyways, after reading so1913 review of it, I pulled it out of the drawer and tried it....I use it every wash now! I agree that it works great under styling products...

I use it btw my leave-in and my CD styling prodcuts...so much SLIP! I love that stuff....it smells good...I wish the smell lingered but it dissapears after it dries....

The ingredients are standard conditioner stuff, then some parabens (which I am :( about), and then a whole bunch of organic stuff...in that order..I know its not specific but it gives you the general idea.....its like a 100 ingredients literally...its the longest list I have seen so I dont think anyone is going to type it out...sorry :perplexed

but I would say its in line with like elucence...mostly natural with some parabens...almost but no cigar :ohwell:

That's why I haven't volunteered :( Its a real extensive list. But there is no petroleum or mineral oil, but yes parabens are there. If you can spot it in the stores, I'd say to try to take a peek at the ingredients ;)

MzTami

Hellerrrr
sassyhair said:
anyone have the ingredients?
I would like to add that it doesn't have mineral oil or petroleum. In my opinion, it's kind of sticky, so I don't use mine much, but I'm thinking about revisiting.

morehairplease

ladies thanks for posting about this. the scurl is making my hair, at least it seems to me, feel weak/too soft. I will give this a try. thanks ladies

Poohbear

I try not to worry too much about certain ingredients like parabens...arent they actually a good thing since they keep the product from spoiling or molding?

@tishee, S-curl started making my hair too soft and weak too. I'm glad I found this product!

so1913

Poohbear said:
I try not to worry too much about certain ingredients like parabens...arent they actually a good thing since they keep the product from spoiling or molding?

@tishee, S-curl started making my hair too soft and weak too. I'm glad I found this product!

Yes, but there are SOME people are specifically trying to avoid them do to results of some of the health studies possibly linking parabens to some cancers.

Honi

There is no board.
Thanks PB. I've seen this product awhile ago and was tempted. I'm gonna pick this up and use it on my daughters hair.

Poohbear

so1913 said:
Yes, but there are SOME people are specifically trying to avoid them do to results of some of the health studies possibly linking parabens to some cancers.
Oh okay. We'll, I'm just glad parabens are always near the bottom of the ingredient lists meaning there's not a large percentage in the product overall.

morehairplease

Poohbear said:

thanks Poohbear!

Ayeshia

I wish the consistency of it was a bit more thicker, and it gets kind of sticky too...over all I give it a 5 out of 10. I bought this and tons of other products form a BSS that was going out of business. It was only a buck so Im not too disapppointed.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I tried to find the ingredients online so I could just copy and paste but I couldn't. It's a loooooooong list! There's a lot of good stuff in it though and like the ladies said before, no mineral oil or petrolatum, mostly natural stuff.