Found the perfect moisturizer for my daughter...

JenJen2721

My daughter has natural 3c hair that gets extremely dry and soaks up most moisturizers like a sponge. I tried KIDS ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER DETANGLING AND MOISTURIZING LOTION. This stuff is awesome. It keeps her hair soft and tangle free.

I had tried Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Oil Cream Moisturizer, Motions Oil Moisturizer, and BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, but none of them works as well on her hair.

Plus, she really likes the way it smells...kind of fruity!

Just thought I'd share!
--Jen

Tammy

Thanks for that info. I don't have children, but I do have 2 nieces and a nephew and all 3 could probably benefit from this. I'll have to tell their mom or maybe just pick some up and use it for when they come over my house.

Spicee1t

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
My daughter has natural 3c hair that gets extremely dry and soaks up most moisturizers like a sponge. I tried KIDS ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER DETANGLING AND MOISTURIZING LOTION. This stuff is awesome. It keeps her hair soft and tangle free.

I had tried Pantene's Relaxed and Natural Oil Cream Moisturizer, Motions Oil Moisturizer, and BB Castor Oil Moisturizer, but none of them works as well on her hair.

Just thought I'd share!
--Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JenJen,

My daughter has the same hair type as your daughter. I haven't tried the KID'S ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER DETANGLING AND MOISTURIZING LOTION. But I have used the ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN LIQUID HAIR MAYO and that stuff is great, too. Is your product made by Africa's Best? I'll have to look for some because I found out that when I use products for my relaxed hair on her hair it does dry it out.

Glad you found something that works!

CrownnGlori

I like the product for my daughters hair as well. Also the Healthy hair and Scalp Remedy.
Yes, they are made by Africa's Best.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Wow! That great to know. I bet her hair would also love the Carol's Daughter Healthy hair butter and hair milk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wanting to try those for a long time now, but my wallet is saying, "Whoa!" Wait a minute. This stuff is only $3.99 a bottle at most asian beauty supply stores. I am going to try the CD products one day though. Do you use them on your daughter's hair. Do you go through quite a bit of it?

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
Spicee1t said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

Just thought I'd share!
--Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey JenJen,

My daughter has the same hair type as your daughter. I haven't tried the KID'S ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER DETANGLING AND MOISTURIZING LOTION. But I have used the ORGANICS SHEA BUTTER LEAVE IN LIQUID HAIR MAYO and that stuff is great, too. Is your product made by Africa's Best? I'll have to look for some because I found out that when I use products for my relaxed hair on her hair it does dry it out.

Glad you found something that works!

[/ QUOTE ]

It is kinda of weird how her hair likes different moisturizers than my relaxed hair. I did try some of this stuff on my hair and it did make it softer after being on my hair for about 5 minutes or so. It goes to work immediately on hers though. Go figure. But I'm just glad to have found something that works for her extra-thick hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
[ QUOTE ]
dontspeakdefeat said:
Wow! That great to know. I bet her hair would also love the Carol's Daughter Healthy hair butter and hair milk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been wanting to try those for a long time now, but my wallet is saying, "Whoa!" Wait a minute. This stuff is only $3.99 a bottle at most asian beauty supply stores. I am going to try the CD products one day though. Do you use them on your daughter's hair. Do you go through quite a bit of it?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I use them on my daughter's very dry hair and her hair loves this stuff. I gonna send you some samples when I restock so you can give them a try! Send me a pm with your address. And yes It does go very fast 'cause my hair loves this stuff too!

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
Do you use this every day Jen?

[/ QUOTE ]

I keep most of her hair braided, but I do use a bit on the ends every day. Using this stuff, I have noticed that her braids feel softer than they usually do if I squeeze one.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
Thanks for sharing, would you mind posting the main ingredients? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll try posting them tonight when I get home for you.

ChasingBliss

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:

Just thought I'd share!
--Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for sharing. Ive been thinking of changing my daughter's regimen, I use Surge on her hair but Im starting to think that she doesnt really need that. She has 3c type hair that soaks up moisture also. This sounds like something good to try.

soulchild

I'm still searching for this product.

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
curlybun said:
Thanks for sharing, would you mind posting the main ingredients? Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

Water, Propylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-37, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, PEG 150 Distearate, Soybean Oil, Cetyl Alcohol, Glycerin, Phenyl Trimethocone, Acrylamidopropyltrimonium Cholirde/Lanolin Oil, Olive Oil, Mink Oil, Jojoba Oil, Vit. E Oil, Tea Tree Oil, Egg Protein, Milk Protein, Cholesterol, Honey, Silk Amino Acids, Corn Oil, BHA, BHT, Coconut Oil, Safflower Oil, Rosemary Extract, Nettle Extract, Horsetail, ......

and a few other ingredients. Shea Butter is the second to last ingredient on the list.