ladies that wash in sections

scarcity21

Can u tell me exactly how u do this. I know when hair gets to a certain length , most ladies (especially naturals) start washing in sections.Do u cornrow ur hair? If so, how many cornrolls do u do?
Do u plait u hair or do u twist to wash? If so , how many?
IF u use neither plaits, cornrolls or twists, pls specify how u wash in sections
Thanks in advance

amwcah

Good question! I was thinking about trying this. Beginning today, I'm going to wash my scalp daily to stimulate hair growth. Since I will be concentrating on my scalp and not hair, I will leave my hair in six plaits. I haven't decided if I will moisturize with the plaits in or out yet.

tinkat

I part my hair in 4 sections and put my hair in 4 puffs with ouchless ponytail holders...I then wet my whole head and focus on each puff, one at a time...applying conditioner and then detangling...(I don't shampoo).

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
I put my dh's hair in sections because it's so damn thick. I put it in 6 buns and he takes one bun down at a time to wash it. When he's done washing that section, he puts it back into a bun and goes to the next section. Then he does the same thing with the conditioner. It's a long process, but it's well worth it because he doesn't lose a lot of hair and it's not a big, tangled mess

caligirl

I just put my hair into 2 puffs with an ouchless band. I wet, shampoo, rinse and apply conditioner to one side. Then do the same thing to the other side. Then I put my shower cap on and sit under the dryer 15 minutes.

MsCounsel

After I've detangled the heck out of my hair and applied some oil. I braid into 4 sections (two if I don't have a lot of time). In the shower, I "wash" my hair in those sections and keep them separate the entire time using clamps or barrettes. I dry with a face cloth. Let it sit while I attend to my skin care. By this time, my hair is damp only. I then blow dry each section separately with serum. I don't let all of my hair "meet" until it's been completely detangled and about 85% blowdried. This is how I've learned not to literally rip hair out of my scalp!:pullhair:

HTH

Last edited:

The Savvy Sistah

I put my hair in 4 bantu knots and stick clips in my hair.

I get in the shower and the let the water flow on my hair to loosen the product and to get my hair good and wet.

I take each clip out and put my conditioner on each section massage my scalp and put it back up while I wash all the good parts.

Next I let the water run over my hair with the clips in. I use Suave Humectress and my hair has been doing so good lately when I leave just a little conditioner in it for moisture. (Thanks Silvergirl).

Last edited:

sareca

I do half and half (parted down the middle, not ear to ear).
I do it in the shower or sink and loosely braid the half I'm not working on.

Cheleigh

Can u tell me exactly how u do this. I know when hair gets to a certain length , most ladies (especially naturals) start washing in sections.Do u cornrow ur hair? If so, how many cornrolls do u do?
Do u plait u hair or do u twist to wash? If so , how many?
IF u use neither plaits, cornrolls or twists, pls specify how u wash in sections
Thanks in advance

I started detangling in sections several months ago. After my prepoo (which I use often as a deep condition) and wash my hair (with shampoo) I saturate my hair with my favorite detangling condish and twist four sections on each side (eight sections total). I take down each section, finger detangle, wet and brush with a Denman. Then I retwist the section and move to the next one.