Ladies, check out my Grandma's hair length

greenbees

So, I'm visiting my grandmother for the holidays and she was looking at my hair, saying how pretty it is and she says that she wants to see long how her hair is. I tell her, ok grandma, I'll take a picture of it for you. Now, my grandma always had a head full of hair but she feels like the front has been getting thin lately. I pulled down her hair anddddd whoa! Grandma's hair is past APL (I don't want to say its BSL because she wears her bra really low). Her ends are silky smooth (I'm jealous :lol:). Picture's attached.

I asked her for her regimen and its pretty simple (some might not agree with it but it works for her).
-Get hair washed once every 6 weeks.
-Light press after wash with a straightening comb.
-Set hair in rollers every night.
-Once a week, mix together EVOO and petroleum jelly and smooth down hair length.

Attachments

• IMG068.jpg
    IMG068.jpg
    274.6 KB · Views: 401
Last edited:

CarolinaGal

Your grandma DOES have a head full of hair! It's beautiful!

ETA: I've gone back to vaseline/hair grease too! It worked for my grandmama, my mom, and me (when I was little). :grin:

greenbees

Thanks ladies! I'm going to show her your comments, I'm know she'll be flattered. :yep:

Your grandma DOES have a head full of hair! It's beautiful!

ETA: I've gone back to vaseline/hair grease too! It worked for my grandmama, my mom, and me (when I was little). :grin:

Yep, I'm thinking about going back to Dax hair grease to seal my hair! :yep:

Very Nice

Wow wash hair every 6 weeks that's a long wait

I agree, I was a bit surprised that she only washes that often but she doesn't move around a lot to sweat or anything like that and its been working for her. :)

keelioness

Your grandma has nice hair.. a little petroleum never hurt nobody.. I think we got a little carrited away with the no petroleum thing. Its not the best thing for your scalp but its a good sealant!

jcdlox

So, I'm visiting my grandmother for the holidays and she was looking at my hair, saying how pretty it is and she says that she wants to see long how her hair is. I tell her, ok grandma, I'll take a picture of it for you. Now, my grandma always had a head full of hair but she feels like the front has been getting thin lately. I pulled down her hair anddddd whoa! Grandma's hair is past APL (I don't want to say its BSL because she wears her bra really low). Her ends are silky smooth (I'm jealous :lol:). Picture's attached.

I asked her for her regimen and its pretty simple (some might not agree with it but it works for her).
-Get hair washed once every 6 weeks.
-Light press after wash with a straightening comb.
-Set hair in rollers every night.
-Once a week, mix together EVOO and petroleum jelly and smooth down hair length.

Sent from my ADR6300 using ADR6300

Nubenap22

Congrats to grandma!! Mine wouldn't let me snap a pic of her waist length braid!!
Plus mine uses crisco...and vaseline too!!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Man, less is best for her. My hair and scalp can't handle that long a wait to wash.:nono: Her hair is gorgeous and healthy looking!

GaiasDaughter24

Go Grandma!!! I'm telling you using grease/vasaline as a sealant WORKS. I've been using vasaline and indian hemp since August and I love it! Her hair is BEAUTIFUL!!