Grandma's Secret Recipe Will-Gro Scalp Spray

Laginappe

Grandma\'s Secret Recipe Will-Gro Scalp Spray

Grandma’s Secret Recipe “Will Gro” Braid & Extension Sheen & Moisturizing Scalp Spray.

Has anyone used this product?? I picked it up today at the BSS because I liked the ingredients and when I tested it on my hand it didn't feel greasy - just light and moisturizing!

Here are the Ingredients: Herbal Complex, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Rosemary, Sage, Wheat Germ, Aloe Vera, Lavender, Nettle, Indian Hemp, Vitamin E – Tocopheryl Acetate, Jojoba Oil, Olive Oil, Castor Oil, Safflower Oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Essential Oils, Sulfur.

The manufacturer doesn’t have a website and I could only find this press release:

[ QUOTE ]

HAIR LOSS FOR AFRICAN AMERICAN WOMEN AN INCREASING PROBLEM

Walbert Laboratories, Inc. has developed "Grandma's Secret Recipe" products to specifically address the problem of hair loss in African American women. Made with essential oils and moisturizers, they have proven successful in promoting healthy scalp and hair.

We see them everyday - beautiful braided hairstyles in all of their African splendor, weaves and extensions that express a Black woman's creativity and uniqueness, ponytails and falls that liberate one from the daily drudgery of having to "do your hair." With these styles comes the unfortunate side effect of hair loss for some. This is an ever-increasing problem for African-American women.

Walbert Laboratories, Inc. has developed "Grandma's Secret Recipe" products to specifically address this problem. Made with essential oils and moisturizers, they have proven successful in promoting healthy scalp and hair.

"Will-Gro" Hair Rebuilder contains Vitamin E, Olive, Sesame and Sweet Almond oils that help to increase hair growth while repairing damaged hair caused by over-processing with heat or chemicals.

"Will-Gro" Hair Thicken contains Wheat Germ, Soy Bean and Castor oils and will add body and texture to the hair, giving it the feel of fullness and softness.

For additional information on these and other products available from Walbert Laboratories, Inc., contact 800-432-1976.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really really like the way this product smells. Nice and light and floral! Very pretty. I really love how it has these oils, yet doesn’t feel oily or greasy. My sister is wearing extensions and can’t use any oily products but we’re going to test this moisturizer on her to see how it goes.

If anyone knows of or has had any experience with this product I’d love some info!!!

NGC

Re: Grandma\'s Secret Recipe Will-Gro Scalp Spray

I've never seen it or tried it but the ingredients look good.

G

This product has good ingredients. Where is it sold? I haven't seen it before.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

I like it. It's one of the few leave-in sprays that doesn't get hard in my hair once it dries. I get mine at an Asian bss.

G

Does it aid in hair growth, sassygirl?

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Nah. But it did keep my hair nice and soft. I used it on my real hair--not extensions. Since my hair is in a wet bun 99% of the time I don't use it anymore. I'm sure I'll dust it off when I start wearing my hair out.

Laginappe

I got mine in my local BSS too. $5 for the bottle.

I used it last night before I tied my hair up for bed. This morning my hair is soft - feels good - but not greasy which has been a problem for me with some glycerin and oil products. Plus I really really like the way this products smells! Its floral / herbal - but not perfumey (sp??).

So far I'm giving it a tentative thumbs up!

Nazarite27

OMG!!! I have used this product...maybe back in 2001 while I had braids...and yes my hair grew a great deal. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it again. I believe this product OVER the Surge. I was just in awe at the amount of hair growth I achieved while using this product.

Laginappe

I wonder what would happen if you mixed this and Surge...hmmmmmm........

Laginappe

Has anyone tried any of the other products in the line???

The bottle lists the following other products:

Grandma's Secret Recipe Scalp, Skin & Hair Oil
Grandma's Secret Recipe Hair & Scalp Conditioner
Grandma's Secret Recipe Hair Wash Shampoo.

If memory serves my BSS had the oil - but I didn't pick it up. I'll have to check to see if he carries the conditioner. I'm a no-pooer for the most part.

happylocks

[ QUOTE ]
Nazarite27 said:
OMG!!! I have used this product...maybe back in 2001 while I had braids...and yes my hair grew a great deal. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find it again. I believe this product OVER the Surge. I was just in awe at the amount of hair growth I achieved while using this product.

[/ QUOTE ]

I cant find surge and I have not seen this product, I will look for both, it would be great to do a mixer

Laginappe

Update - I've been using this product daily for the past three weeks. I really like it! Moisturizes without leaving me too oily or greasy. Its a keeper for me.