Help for my Grandma's hair!

sozinzcomet

Hey ladies,

My sister has been dying my grandma's hair for years now and she never deep conditions her hair. My sister called me for advice because grandma's hair has broken off and she know that i'm into hair care. I told her that I would ask you ladies for advice in fixing this problem. My grandma is natural and she presses her hair. She uses hair grease also. I would appreciate some suggestions on shampoo's dc's and moisturizers so my grandma's hair can bounce back. TIA!!! :grin:

Shoediva

I would try ORS replenishing pak for a dc it give a balance of protein/moisture. Then just be consistent and dc every week to restore her hair.

GL

MonPetite

Regular cleaning (AVC, baking soda, or shampoo).

Weekly DCs that balance moisture and protein, as the above poster stated. Joico's K-Pak line and Aveda's Damage remedy line are great as is Organix's Coconut Milk Line.

Daily moisture (if she presses probably a creamy leave-in, that won't cause reversion). Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship is cheap and works. Aveda has a new leave-in that's okay if applied with a light hand.

Laying off the grease and substituting nourishing butters (like Shea or mango butter) is a good idea. Heavier oils like Castor oil (pharmaceutical grade is cheap and works) can also help in this regard.

A porosity treatment before and after coloring is a good idea also Porosity Control conditioner, by Roux, if great for this. I reviewed it and loved it. I use it regularly myself.

Last edited:

mscocoface

See if she would be interested in changing up on the pressing like doing a natural style just to keep the heat away for a minute until you can get the breakage under control.