Komaza Care HAIR ANALYSIS Service - Rave!

LdyKamz

I had a Komaza Care Analysis done awhile back. My hair is high porosity according to the analysis. She advised me to not DC for long periods of time, and that I didn't need heat to DC. Her advice worked for me. I only leave conditioner on my hair for 5-10 minutes. When I use to extend my deep conditioning times, my hair would be mushy. On top of that, sometimes I use to use a steamer making it worse. Because my hair is porous, when I apply conditioner it absorbs quickly into my hair.
My new analysis that I did in 2016 says my hair is hi-po is some parts only. My hair behaves like low porosity so that's how I treat it. In my first analysis I think Jenn said using heat was OK but overnight dcing and baggying was a no go.

sparkle25

After years and years of being on this website and reading about this hair analysis, I just ordered one a few days ago.

I wrote them an email with some questions but they haven't got back to me yet, likely due to the holiday.

Does anybody know : what should I do if I don't really get a whole lot of hair shedding? I know everyone's hair sheds but I don't notice it. I get breakage, and that's only when I comb my hair, and I onlh comb my hair with conditioner in. Due to my hair texture, when I comb my hair any breakage or shed hairs are gong to be all balled up together in a little puff. How am I suppose to send them shed hairs when they only want clean hair with no conditioner on it? I don't comb my hair dry. I'm a little annoyed.

Also does anyone know if cleansing with mud will be "clean" enough for their analysis? I plan on doing a terrestrials style cleansing the next time I wash my hair which will be next week. If nobody knows, that's ok they should be getting back to me soon and I'll come back and tell you all what they said :)

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
After years and years of being on this website and reading about this hair analysis, I just ordered one a few days ago.

I wrote them an email with some questions but they haven't got back to me yet, likely due to the holiday.

Does anybody know : what should I do if I don't really get a whole lot of hair shedding? I know everyone's hair sheds but I don't notice it. I get breakage, and that's only when I comb my hair, and I onlh comb my hair with conditioner in. Due to my hair texture, when I comb my hair any breakage or shed hairs are gong to be all balled up together in a little puff. How am I suppose to send them shed hairs when they only want clean hair with no conditioner on it? I don't comb my hair dry. I'm a little annoyed.

Also does anyone know if cleansing with mud will be "clean" enough for their analysis? I plan on doing a terrestrials style cleansing the next time I wash my hair which will be next week. If nobody knows, that's ok they should be getting back to me soon and I'll come back and tell you all what they said :)

You collect the hair that falls while shampooing and send it in. I was concerned about it being in a ball and they told me it would be fine, send the ball of hair. Not sure about the cleansing mud. They will get back to you so make sure you clarify what they told me still holds true.

faithVA

Take your ball of hair and put shampoo on it. Let it sit for a minute or so, massage the shampoo in a bit and then rinse it off.

sparkle25

Take your ball of hair and put shampoo on it. Let it sit for a minute or so, massage the shampoo in a bit and then rinse it off.

THANK YOU !
Do you know if they want the hair from anywhere on your head or do they want specific sections ?

divachyk

I did this the first time I sent hair in and had to send in more hair that was actually washed properly. The first batch of hair showed raised cuticles from what could have been over massaging the hair to get it clean to send to Komaza.

faithVA

THANK YOU !
Do you know if they want the hair from anywhere on your head or do they want specific sections ?
You can lump it all together. However many including myself bagged sections separately because sections were behaving differently.

You can have different porosity especially, curl patterns, root issues economic in different parts of your head. When you clump it all together, they will just be able to tell you that you have it but not where.

caliscurls

Thanks @divachyk , long ago (like over a decade, lol) I used the Therappe and Humectress when I was relaxed. They worked great but somewhere along the line when I went natural I didn't consider them. I think I'm getting build-up from shampoo bars no matter how much I rinse, thus the question. May give it and the Humectress another try.

Sorry to hear about your husband, I pray that his cancer treatment is successful!

divachyk

Thanks @divachyk , long ago (like over a decade, lol) I used the Therappe and Humectress when I was relaxed. They worked great but somewhere along the line when I went natural I didn't consider them. I think I'm getting build-up from shampoo bars no matter how much I rinse, thus the question. May give it and the Humectress another try.

Sorry to hear about your husband, I pray that his cancer treatment is successful!

TY for the prayers. We surely need them. I am a fan of sulfates because it removes buildup and allows my hair the opportunity to fully accept moisture. Most sulfate free shampoos just add buildup to my hair. I have found a few good ones though that I like so I use those as needed - Carols Daughter Monoi and Camille Rose Cleansing Rinse.

Colocha

acne cream and afro dreams
Just bought a hair care analysis for myself. I've been watching people get their results for literal years. Won't see mine for a while as I plan to mail the samples next week.

I hope the 'leaving shampoo on the ball' method works. I usually (always) detangle the day before I wash my hair. I also can't imagine detangling before conditioner, since they want the hair after the shampoo.

faithVA

Just bought a hair care analysis for myself. I've been watching people get their results for literal years. Won't see mine for a while as I plan to mail the samples next week.

I hope the 'leaving shampoo on the ball' method works. I usually (always) detangle the day before I wash my hair. I also can't imagine detangling before conditioner, since they want the hair after the shampoo.
Keep up updated. Hope everything goes well for you and you get some really useful information.

Colocha

I hope the review is helpful.
Thank you!

I went through it today and it was. She showed me some dull ends from shears that aren't sharp enough, so I upgraded. She also mentioned that the protein I was using wasn't working well enough for me. Another big thing was the SSKs that I ignore. Apparently they're wreaking microscopic havoc and I was advised to trim them out as I see them. Those were her only big recommendations pretty much.

She also told me my hair was medium, fine and thick which I didn't expect, and that my hair was normal to high porosity rather than just normal.

She mentioned I didn't need heat to DC and could do it for 20 minutes but I've tried that experiment and I know I need heat and an extended time.

My only other discrepancy was the length she reported me at, which was 12 - 13.5 inches when I measure my sheds at 15 - 16, but who knows what happened there.

All in all I found it helpful.

She recommended trimming 1/4 inch every 8 to 10 weeks for 6 trims, then every 12 weeks after that which I'm cool with.

Evolving78

Thank you!

I went through it today and it was. She showed me some dull ends from shears that aren't sharp enough, so I upgraded. She also mentioned that the protein I was using wasn't working well enough for me. Another big thing was the SSKs that I ignore. Apparently they're wreaking microscopic havoc and I was advised to trim them out as I see them. Those were her only big recommendations pretty much.

She also told me my hair was medium, fine and thick which I didn't expect, and that my hair was normal to high porosity rather than just normal.

She mentioned I didn't need heat to DC and could do it for 20 minutes but I've tried that experiment and I know I need heat and an extended time.

My only other discrepancy was the length she reported me at, which was 12 - 13.5 inches when I measure my sheds at 15 - 16, but who knows what happened there.

She recommended trimming 1/4 inch every 8 to 10 weeks for 6 trims, then every 12 weeks after that which I'm cool with.
What protein treatment do you currently use?

faithVA

Thank you!

Well that was simple enough. What scissors did you buy? And which protein will you be using?

I trim my SSKs as I find them because I know they take a lot of strands with them. I know a lot of people let theirs go but they must have different hair than I do. I can't even figure out how to ignore them :lol:

Hopefully those small changes will have a big impact.

Colocha

I got
Well that was simple enough. What scissors did you buy? And which protein will you be using?

I trim my SSKs as I find them because I know they take a lot of strands with them. I know a lot of people let theirs go but they must have different hair than I do. I can't even figure out how to ignore them :lol:

Hopefully those small changes will have a big impact.
I got a pair from Lucky Hare Shears that are around $150. They're ridiculously nice.

Lol it took a lot of practice to ignore them but it turns out I shouldn't have. :giggle:

I hope the changes make a difference too.