Knock-off wigs... or maybe 1st generation?

MACGlossChick

Is there such a thing? I bought two Freetress Equal Kelly wigs from an ebay seller, in #2 (work) & #2/33/240 (play). They were the cheapest I had found online, about $26 each before shipping. I got them yesterday, and I tried them on right away. The mixed one was fine. The plain one didn't have the adjusting straps on the back, and the lace is finer. I can't find a way to fit the wig to my head, so the hairline is all loose. I was really hoping to wear this next month as my work wig.

The ebay seller only does exchanges, but I don't want to get a wig with the same problem. Is there any way to fix this? Or maybe I should just buy the wig from a reputable online website? TIA

ClassicChic

I would contact the seller and let him/she know the problem.

You can also stop by a beauty supply store and ask for advise. I know the one I recently found washes and repairs wigs.

Ms. Tiki

If all else fails, you can pull it to make it lay flat and pin it. I had to do that to a lacefront that didn't fit right in the front.

nisemac

bumping cus i wanna know too! my first Ama wig by It's A Wig, was perfect right out of the package. and it looked natural and felt comfortable. i was so excited i immediately ordered 4 more, but when the others came, none fit the same way. i'm not stuck with 3 wigs and its just not worth trying to send back--i'm overseas and it took almost a month just to get them. plus, i decided to stop wearing wigs, however, i probably would have kept it up if i didn't get a bad batch (?)

MACGlossChick

ClassicChic said:
You can also stop by a beauty supply store and ask for advise. I know the one I recently found washes and repairs wigs.

I most likely will do this. There's a bunch of wig shops in my area due to a large Jewish population, so I'll take it there and see what they can do. I really don't feel like shipping this one back and waiting for the replacement.