Finally got my new wigs - 2 Whole Lace wigs & La Jay and Dolce

naturalmanenyc

I broke down and ordered two whole lace wigs and a curly style + a half wig.

What do you all think? I did not yet work with the lace wigs. I need to get a neutral wig cap.

First Lady is very much like Taraji Henson's bob. It's hand sewn. The lace is soft and super stretchy.

inside cap

stretchy lace

First Lady - Janet Collection Whole Lace wig album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Mini is a short bob style with a tapered nape, also hand sewn.
I tried some color and got her in 4/27/30.

Mini Whole Lace wig album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

I finally order La Jay and cut her to resemble my crochet braid style. She needed very minimal blending. I can see her being my new favorite wig. :grin:

La Jay Express Weave album | RegsWife | Fotki.com, photo and video sharing made easy.

Dolce by New Born Free - I have no idea what I was thinking. I wanted to try color but this 4/27/613 is just too much.
http://public.fotki.com/RegsWife/using-a-half-wig/dolce-new-born-free/

I am now over run with wigs and am selling some of my older styles to make room for the new ones.

Check the Exchange forum:
Polly by Outre
Freetress Nia Girl
Freetress Celtic Girl and more.....
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/forum11/thread502380.html

Attachments

• firstladyuncut-vi.jpg
    firstladyuncut-vi.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 93
  • firstladylaceshotstretched-vi.jpg
    firstladylaceshotstretched-vi.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 46
  • firstladyinsidecap2-vi.jpg
    firstladyinsidecap2-vi.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 56
  • minifrontlacecut-vi.jpg
    minifrontlacecut-vi.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 78
  • lajaytrimmedblended-vi.jpg
    lajaytrimmedblended-vi.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 113
Last edited:

naturalmanenyc

I cut la jay a bit more:

She is sooo easy to blend!

SelfStyled

Yay- I know how it feels when your wigs finally come. Is this lace on the Janet wig softer than reg ol' BSS lace wigs?

I have heard so much about the La Jay wig- she looks great on you. It really does resemble your crochet braids, your hair blends perfectly with it.

I just bought 2 human hair wig, thinking I was stepping my game up, uhm can I say, I HATE them. I like my synthies way better.

sashaa

I have lajay. she is still sitting new on the wig head. I am afraid to go afte her, lol

*Frisky*

Yay- I know how it feels when your wigs finally come. Is this lace on the Janet wig softer than reg ol' BSS lace wigs?

I have heard so much about the La Jay wig- she looks great on you. It really does resemble your crochet braids, your hair blends perfectly with it.

I just bought 2 human hair wig, thinking I was stepping my game up, uhm can I say, I HATE them. I like my synthies way better.

I do too!! I have been on a wig hiatus anyway but I love me a synthy! hahahaha..I am suppose to be on that Lady Paniao's challenge so I need to get me some new ones. I like the Vanessa wigs...

naturalmanenyc

Long at at work. Just getting to LHCF.

YES!!! The lace is so much softer than the regular plastic mesh. It's really stretchy too.

I am ordering another La Jay. I cut her a bit too much. With my sides down, to blend, my real hair is longer than my short cut. I can still wear the shorter version, but I have to keep my own hair tucked in at the sides.

naturalmanenyc

Update: I have been wearing First Lady since Monday, during the day only not wearing her to bed. The lace is definitely itchy. It is not as hard as the other synthetic lace wig "lace" but it is definitely not actual French lace - it's a softer plastic mesh.

I have had my wig on from about 7 a.m. - midnight for the last few days (work meetings/dinner/drinks) and I cannot wait to go home so that I can only wear my wig for 8 - 10 hours per day. These wigs are not meant to be worn for days/weeks at a time like a regular lace wig. I cannot imagine using glue to hold this wig onto my head for days at a time. I'd scratch off my own skin!!

I am probably going to wear La Jay back home on the plane. My hair has been in 6 cornrows since Saturday with one plait at the front for blending with La Jay.

winnettag

Can u PM me too?! I wanna know where u found a full lace wig with combs in it....or did you sew that in yourself?

tashboog

I'm on Instagram
I luv the La Jay wig on you! I was so impressed that I just ordered one for myself! I hope mine looks nice on me cause it looks really cute on you!!

SelfStyled

Thanks for the update. I don't know why I am slightly obsessed with LF's but I do hate the scratchiness of the lace. I like half wigs better, and find that if I do wear the LF's they are behind my hairline.

naturalmanenyc

The First Lady wig is a "whole lace" not a full lace wig....which I think just means it has a mesh cap - no tracks. It came with combs sewn into the wig.

She is available in stores locally in NYC as well as tons of on-line sites.

Can u PM me too?! I wanna know where u found a full lace wig with combs in it....or did you sew that in yourself?