Kinky-Curly Knot Today....Is it working for you?

Kinky-Curly Knot Today...How doe you use it?

• I use it straight out of the bottle

Votes: 48 46.2%
  • I use the Kimmaytube recipe or some variation of it

Votes: 22 21.2%
  • I have never used it

Votes: 34 32.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marye27

I recently bought the Kinky-Curly Knot Today Leave In Conditioner/Detangler after reading rave reviews about. Thus far I have mixed feelings about it. I like the way my hair feels when I first apply it, but after some time my hair was dry again. I am still going to continue to use it…maybe my hair will adjust after more usage.

For those that use the Kinky Curly Knot Today, do you use it straight out of the bottle or do you use the Kimmaytube recipe? Which method works best for you?

Does anyone have a good non-greasy leave in conditioner recommendation?

CurlyDiggy

I use knot today with Kccc for my twist out. After I wash I apply coconut oil then KT then twist up with Kccc. I love this line it gives me good curl definition , doesn't leave buildup. .. its a staple

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Long Hair Care Forum App

LovelyNaps26

i realized it's good on my wet hair as a leave in, no so much on dry hair. when i use it on dry hair my hair feels stick, but when on wet hair it give great hold to braid outs and shine.

i use it as a kimmaytube leave in. it stretches the product and actually works better. the aloe vera smooths my hair out and i believe the castor oils helps to seal in the moisture. the KKKT is a really good detangler. combining all three ingredients makes for great hair results.

brownstallion

life ain't easy!!
I just tried it a few days ago and while I was using it made my hair very soft however as I twisted my hair it felt weird. After my twist dried my hair was soft, had shine, and was well defined. I will never used anything else for a twist out again!

Bubblingbrownshuga

I use KCKT and it has become a holy grail for me, especially since I wash my hair late. I just apply it after washing on wet hair then proceed to style.

If you are having a love/hate relationship with it, try Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner. It is great as a deep and leave in conditioner with a similar consistency as KCKT.

Ltown

Greyland
I do my washngo with KCNT and it soft and curly, no curl products at all. I tried the kimmay but for me it was not necessary.

marye27

I used it on my dry hair. I don't wash my hair everyday and need something to moisturize my hair and keep it from getting dry and crispy without leaving it oily.

I'll try it on wet hair as well.

CrownCola

Aside from occasional help with detangling, I haven't found a good use for it.
It might help to try using it for the much hyped "kimmay" mix. :look:

Added: I likely wont though, & using it as a rinse-out is even worse.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2

PhonyBaloney500

I use it and love it. As a leave-in with KCCc or with a bit of water at night o moisturize (I then do one big twist). 4a/3c, fine strands.

bravenewgirl87

I absolutely loved this stuff when I was natural (recently relaxed my hair in Jan.). i still use it now that I am relaxed. I'm surprised you're not getting the results you need but I think you have to use another moisturizer on top of it. I always used conditioner first.

RegaLady

I would like to know how it works. I bought it to try the Kimmay leave in. So I will see after I use it.

ET: Update: LOVE THISSSSSS! It makes my hair so soft and suple. I love this leave in!:yep::lick:

Last edited:

corpFROcentric

I have been experimenting with KKKT for about two weeks. It hasn't made HG status for me yet but I do like it. I don't mind the texture and I haven't found that it has left my hair dry. I love that it allows me to get that BIG curly hair that I love. It gives me much less shrinkage than other products I have tried and it is an awesome detangler.

aja1121

I felt the same way you did OP, I'm so glad I found the Kimmaytube leave-in recipe or else it would've been under the sink forever.

beautyaddict1913

I really like this product but I hardly use it....I get similar results when using kbb milk as a leave in and as a detangler I get EVEN BETTER results when I use Qhemet CTDG. When I was transitioning I would use it to moisturize my hair under a wig and I would seal with coconut oil. Its not my fave but I continue to purchase it...its a staple but not an HG if that makes sense to yall!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use it straight out of the bottle and it is the best as far as slip and detangling but I can't say it does a whole lot of moisturizing. It's very light. I get more moisture from KBB Hair Milk and it dosen't leave my hair weighed down or anything.

NaturalEnigma

Its good for detangling my hair, but other than that it doesn't really do much else. I never use it alone because its not enough to moisturize my hair. I've been wanting to try kimmaytube's recipe, but I've been to cheap to buy the other ingredients needed to make the mix :lol:.

**SaSSy**

3rd Big Chop on 7/18/2016
It's okay. I won't run out and buy it exclusively. I prefer Oyin Hair Dew, or Hairveda Whipped Cream under my wng

growingbrown

Have any transitioners used KCKT? If so, how did it work on your two textures?

ETA: where do you buy yin hair dew.....
I'm searching for natural hair care products.

Sent from my PG06100 using Long Hair Care Forum App

ajargon02

I use KCKT and it has become a holy grail for me, especially since I wash my hair late. I just apply it after washing on wet hair then proceed to style.

If you are having a love/hate relationship with it, try Elucence Moisture Balance Conditioner. It is great as a deep and leave in conditioner with a similar consistency as KCKT.

OT: it's good to see you back in the forums! You've been a hair inspiration of mine! By the way, you're totally right about MB conditioner! It's a staple of mine!

Last edited: