Kimmay's new video: anyone use Curls Line Shampoos?

levone

I've used a lot of the Curls products in the past and just used some of the cleansing cream shampoo on my daughter that I bought a while back. I think I will start using this regularly on her hair because just the shampoo left her hair feeling moist and soft. I was starting to get worried about her hair because it was feeling so dry (she swims a few days a week in chlorinated pool). I used a non-curls conditioner however because I never rebought any of those after I used them up (coconut for kids and tea for adults). Anyhow, I think it's a good line, just some of them worked for our hair (4a/4b) and some didn't...same as any other product line.

tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT

I've used a lot of the Curls products in the past and just used some of the cleansing cream shampoo on my daughter that I bought a while back. I think I will start using this regularly on her hair because just the shampoo left her hair feeling moist and soft. I was starting to get worried about her hair because it was feeling so dry (she swims a few days a week in chlorinated pool). I used a non-curls conditioner however because I never rebought any of those after I used them up (coconut for kids and tea for adults). Anyhow, I think it's a good line, just some of them worked for our hair (4a/4b) and some didn't...same as any other product line.

if your DD is still swimming, do you ever coat her hair before swimming??? The thickest my hair has ever been in my life was when I was swimming EVERY SINGLE DAY:blush:, my sister thought I had a weave.... it got a little irritating b/c EVERYBODY AT THE WORK believed i was wearing a weave, continued to run their hands thru my hair.......although the chlorine turned my chestnut blonde hair TOTALLY ORANGE

i would coat it with conditioner (should have used oils) and baggy, then 2 swim caps... sooooo soft when exiting the pool (although the water still gets in)

I would try coating it with shea butter after reading a few blogs on here

Last edited:

empressri

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen: :lachen:^^ at comment

and u chillin' like a villain on that couch gets me every time i see you post....
loves it!!!

IM GONE BEATCHU!!!!! im over here sick with bronchitis, can't talk cause i start coughing up a lung and you just nearly made me choke and cough again!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

girl i love ya.

yeah where she was venting about if folks dont like xyz dont buy it but the bashing isn't necessary and then putting the long disclaimer about her not being compensated for doing her videos "KINKY CURLY DOES NOT PAY ME FOR REVIEWING THEIR PRODUCTS!!!"

i feel her on that. some wench came and wrote some comment about she feels my reviews are biased because if a company sent me something i wont be honest.

i told her little ssa where she could go. first off my page and then i dont care where you end up. if anyone knows me and my reviews they know i dont bite my tongue. never have and never will.

Rei

She said the ecstasy condtioner is considered a mild protein because it has soy. This conditoner is a moisture conditoner, PERIOD, point blank. I had to stop watching right there. I almost put a comment on her page, but I might get e-jumped by her stans.

Soy is put in many conditioners because it helps the hair to retain moisture as does wheat protein. Trader Joes nourish spa has soy protein in it and I used it everytime I co-washed my hair ( a couple times a week) and my hair never got that hard feeling.

There are going to be many people who dont purchase this product because of her comment.

BTW this conditoner sucked for me. I tried it without heat and with. I tried it with honey and oils, Still crapola. I am almost done with it ( I add a TB to my DC to use it up) . I wont be repurchasing. I also tried the whipped cream when I was natural, it was too heavy and I did not re-use. I use the Curly Q Quenched Curls conditoner as a leave-in for myself and my daughter. It smells really nice as well.

So soy protein is similar to wheat protein? Because trader Joes makes my hair hard as a rock :/ Slowly and gradually (like..if I use it per week for like two weeks) But i am very protein sensitive. I know that hydrolyzed wheat protein makes my hair feel terrible, so I'm kind of glad she mentioned that, because I try to stay away from proteins in general. I think YMMV with this, I don't think people not buying a product because of this is necessarily a bad thing especially when you know already what your hair likes and doesn't like, but are looking for something new. I don't know the chemistry behind this though to be honest with you so I might be wrong but I can only speak for my experiences.

also girl you should've put whatever you wanted to say on her channel, lol, people who follow someone blindly and don't accept a word of criticism for someone else are idiots.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
So soy protein is similar to wheat protein? Because trader Joes makes my hair hard as a rock :/ Slowly and gradually (like..if I use it per week for like two weeks) But i am very protein sensitive. I know that hydrolyzed wheat protein makes my hair feel terrible, so I'm kind of glad she mentioned that, because I try to stay away from proteins in general. I think YMMV with this, I don't think people not buying a product because of this is necessarily a bad thing especially when you know already what your hair likes and doesn't like, but are looking for something new. I don't know the chemistry behind this though to be honest with you so I might be wrong but I can only speak for my experiences.

Yes they are similar they are moisture retaining proteins. I guess everyones hair is different because both work fantastically for me. All proteins are not meant to make the hair hard, the ones I mentioned especially. IDK, I can just say what works for me.

Right, but what about the ones who dont know what their hair likes. Out of desperation people are going to look towards someone who gives a lot of information, that sounds good. They should also try to do their own research as well.

also girl you should've put whatever you wanted to say on her channel, lol, people who follow someone blindly and don't accept a word of criticism for someone else are idiots.

Nah, I try to limit what I put on the internet period, because I really dont feel like the back lash.

Last edited:

keelioness

That is something to consider, IDK if I'd like that either. I sort of like diversity of products.

Also, why don't you appreciate her videos? I am trying to understand why Kimmay evokes such a love hate response from people.

IMHO... I think the love / hate thing is due to the fact that ..people love her because her hair is growing by leaps and bounds..and she appears to have alot of knowledge about hair(products, practices etc..) the HATE thing is she comes across a little too strong or harsh at times. I've had my own little Kimmay "boycott" from time to time..I dont need anyone on you tube downtalking me:nono:..but I think maybe the "strong attitude" is because she is REALLY passionate..obsessed even.. with growing long natural hair.

Dominican09

They sell curls at Target in Rockville, MD :lol: no need to wait 5 days!!

BTW

I know ya'll went to that Target and bought all the Miss Jessies products...it was like a tornado went through it!!! :lol: Ironically, the only products left on the shelf were Kinky-Kurly and Curls.

Last edited:

SiobhanM

I have mixed feelings for Kimmay
I appreciate that shes doing her thing and appreciate that she is spreading the knowledge. But everything she says Ive learned for hair forums and simply googling.
But once again I am grateful she is spreading the knowledge.

I will not be purchasing the curls shampoo based on what she says but if my LCHF sistas give it rave reviews I will probably give it a try.

I havent watched her videos in a while but a her own line you say? EHHH kind of knew it was coming. But good luck to her.

SiobhanM

IM GONE BEATCHU!!!!! im over here sick with bronchitis, can't talk cause i start coughing up a lung and you just nearly made me choke and cough again!!!!! :lachen::lachen::lachen:

girl i love ya.

yeah where she was venting about if folks dont like xyz dont buy it but the bashing isn't necessary and then putting the long disclaimer about her not being compensated for doing her videos "KINKY CURLY DOES NOT PAY ME FOR REVIEWING THEIR PRODUCTS!!!"

i feel her on that. some wench came and wrote some comment about she feels my reviews are biased because if a company sent me something i wont be honest.

i told her little ssa where she could go. first off my page and then i dont care where you end up. if anyone knows me and my reviews they know i dont bite my tongue. never have and never will.

I am SOOOO happy you keep it real! In my opinion if i only hear good reviews I get a little suspicious. I just want to thank you for giving your honest opinion before us hard working people go out and spend our money.
The lady on YouTube ( she shall remain unnamed ) who gives rave reviews on everything she receives should be ashamed!
Once again THANK YOU!

jamaica68

They sell curls at Target in Rockville, MD :lol: no need to wait 5 days!!

BTW

I know ya'll went to that Target and bought all the Miss Jessies products...it was like a tornado went through it!!! :lol: Ironically, the only products left on the shelf were Kinky-Kurly and Curls.

From what I've read the formulas are different which is why some people still order the products online.

@ empressri, I hope you feel better soon. jai

empressri

I am SOOOO happy you keep it real! In my opinion if i only hear good reviews I get a little suspicious. I just want to thank you for giving your honest opinion before us hard working people go out and spend our money.
The lady on YouTube ( she shall remain unnamed ) who gives rave reviews on everything she receives should be ashamed!
Once again THANK YOU!

ive gotten things sent to me...now if there was something i didnt like, ill still say it, i know how to have tact. some folks don't. you don't need to bash someone if you didn't like something, nor do you need to kiss their butt if you love it.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
ive gotten things sent to me...now if there was something i didnt like, ill still say it, i know how to have tact. some folks don't. you don't need to bash someone if you didn't like something, nor do you need to kiss their butt if you love it.

I've always found your videos to be very informative and unbiased. In fact, I like Kimmay, too, but each one has to determine their own opinion on a product. That's why I look at more than one person for a product review.:grin: EmpressRi, I hope you feel better.

empressri

I've always found your videos to be very informative and unbiased. In fact, I like Kimmay, too, but each one has to determine their own opinion on a product. That's why I look at more than one person for a product review.:grin: EmpressRi, I hope you feel better.

aww thank you sis:grin:

levone

if your DD is still swimming, do you ever coat her hair before swimming??? The thickest my hair has ever been in my life was when I was swimming EVERY SINGLE DAY:blush:, my sister thought I had a weave.... it got a little irritating b/c EVERYBODY AT THE WORK believed i was wearing a weave, continued to run their hands thru my hair.......although the chlorine turned my chestnut blonde hair TOTALLY ORANGE

i would coat it with conditioner (should have used oils) and baggy, then 2 swim caps... sooooo soft when exiting the pool (although the water still gets in)

I would try coating it with shea butter after reading a few blogs on here

THL, yes I recently started coating her hair with shea butter BEFORE getting in the pool and I'm not sure if that was part of her hair results with the curls cleansing cream or not. I have been raving over that because her hair is butter soft even after swimming, so make sure you definitely try it. Not sure if I mentioned this before, but I also don't use a swim cap on her. I have one but don't really use it unless we're going somewhere immediately after and I don't want her hair soaked. I don't coat her hair with conditioner before either, I've done it before but prefer the shea butter. Also, I feel like the conditioner just runs off and pollutes the pool whereas the shea butter is like a wax and just coats the hair..just my simple theory, lol.