Kenra Shampoo,Conditioner & Leave In Con (Review)

jainygirl

Hair Type: 4a/b
Relaxed
Length: Brastrap

Sorry this review is long but i'm going over 3 different products and didnt want to gloss over each too quickly

Well i got my samples i requested from Kenra in the mail yesterday They sent me

1.75 oz Tube Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo
1.75 oz Tube Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
1.92 oz Spray Bottle Kenra Daily Provision Leave in Conditioner.
1.92 oz Spray Bottle Kenra Super Hold Finishing Spray(will be reviewing later)

Today was my shampoo day (i'm a weekly shampooer) and the last couple of weeks i've been trying out different shampoos and conditioners. Last friday i used Aubrey Organics which i reviewed yesterday which i gave a 3.5 out of 5 . Well tonight i shampooed using the Kenra and i thought it was very nice ...it had a nice amount of slip and it smelled nice and had a good lather
...nice but i couldnt stop comparing it to my CON .... But i will say this. I think it is the best slip I will experience without "cones"
With that said i gave Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo the following.
Rating: 4 out of 5.

Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner--- A GIRL DIDNT KNOW!!!!!! As i was applying it i wanted to beat y'all for not telling me about this stuff!! aint right, it just aint right...this stuff is FANTASTIC....if i sound like this stuff is better than money---IT IS
The slip that this stuff gave my hair was UNBELIEVABLE!!! I mean i have to honestly say that when i was applying this i WASNT ready..... I applied after squeezing the water outta my hair and i left it on for about a minute. rinsed and my hair felt like silk...fingers were gliding thru strands as my comb sat looking dejected on the counter ( i'm a sink shampooer) I love this stuff and vow to buy it by any means necessary

Consistency: Thick and Creamy
Fragrance: Coconut--nice and tropical
Rating: 5 out of 5

After shampooing and conditioning I finally picked up my comb to detangle my hair so i could begin blowdrying...umm can we say WHAT detangling???? The comb was gliding thru my hair on it's own HELLO!!!
So, just to completely pamper my hair, i sprayed (comes out in a nice mist) some very nice lightly fragranced (slight fruit fragrance...but in a nice light way) Kenra Daily Provision Leave In on my hair. This stuff felt great and only added to the slip previously created by the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner.
Consistency: Liquid (dispenses in a nice mist--not runny)
Fragrance: Light, not overpowering at all
Rating: 5 out of 5 (and i HATE spray leave ins usually..but not this time)

Over all i have to say that i am VERY happy with my Kenra experience. I recommend that anyone that is curious go ahead and at least give these particular products a try. I am very hard on new stuff and i almost hate that i dont have anything negative to say---damn that Kenra
-- jainygirl

katie

lol.Thanks for the review.You are soo funny!
I have yet to try this but I hope I will be able to soon.

Bunny77

I got my samples too!

I agree with the recommendation on the conditioner! I'm gonna buy the big bottle.

As for the shampoo, it was cool, but I like the Elucence version better. (They're the same companies, but Elucence is supposed to be the "ethnic" brand.) However, the Kenra conditioner totally makes the Elucence conditioner look stupid!

I'll try the leave-in and spritz another day. But I think I'll stick with Elucence Moisture Benefits shampoo and switch my Elucence conditioner with the Kenra.

BrEE

yup. kenra is the bomb. especially the conditioner. but i prefer elucence shampoo over the kenra shampoo, it has better slip.

jainygirl

I went to Kenra and requested samples thru the (Contact Us) area of the board. I told them i was interested in trying their products and that i was looking for a different product line to use on my hair
-- jainygirl

Shatani

Re: Kenra Shampoo,Conditioner & Leave In Con (Revi

well, from the looks of this review, im gonna have a FABULOUS saturday afternoon shampoo!!! i cant wait!

now, can we buy kenra in stores or is it something to order online??
~T~

Leslie_C

well looks like I need to get off my lazy butt and request samples...I sit here all day on the forum but Im too lazy to contact these ppl for samples...haha

Im jealous u had such a good wash day....I was too tired to spend quality time with my hair and do the whole 9 so I just did a quickie shampoo and condition and Im airdrying overnight! It will probably be monday before I can give my hair the special attention it wants....

tlmack

What are the "cones" you're referring to in your post? I looked on CON as Creme of Nature, but what's the "cones"?

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
tlmack said:
What are the "cones" you're referring to in your post? I looked on CON as Creme of Nature, but what's the "cones"?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dimethi'cone' Copolyol and other types depending on what product you may use. Me personally i dont mind cones, which is why i luvvvvv me some CON (Cream of Nature) But i was trying to find something that i could alternate every other shampoo that doesnt have cones in it. Products with cones tend to cause alot of buildup which means you end up having to clarify shampoo much more frequently.
-- jainygirl

daviine

I like the Kenra Shampoo but I haven't tried the Elucence shampoo.

I like the Kenra MC but it didn't work for me last time I tried it so I am sad...I'm hoping that my hair is just acting up...it's such a nice conditioner....

As far as the leave-in goes, I agree with most of the review but I don't like liquid leave-ins unless it's a diluted version of a creamy one...:) but it smells and performs very similar to elasta QP h2 IMO.

Oh yeah.....I like CON but I hate the smell and I like the Kenra as an alternate (among a FEW others)

Tene

I liked the kenra conditioner, I haven't used my sample of shampoo yet. I didn't get the leave-in, they sent me some holding spray to use and a styling spray. But I didn't see where kenra was any better than nexxus. It kind of smelled like nexxus. I love my nexxus humectress better.

Kha

I received the same samples today too and I'm looking forward to trying them out. Kenra was already on my "to try and buy" list.

Tai

Kenra is currently my HG conditioner, one of the few that still give me incredible slip. I
it. It's worth every penny.

I'll give the leave in a try once I'm out of Biolage. I'm trying to curb the PJ in me.

inthepink

I've tried Kenra Shampoo and Conditioner - I fell in love with both which is exactly why I won't try anything else in this line! I'm too afraid I'll like them, too!

EXSQUISIT

AAAWWWW MAN Jainy!!!

Now you done gone and done it. I gotta get some of this stuff!!!

Dreamn

Chasing the Unicorn

[ QUOTE ]
Shatani said:
well, from the looks of this review, im gonna have a FABULOUS saturday afternoon shampoo!!! i cant wait!

now, can we buy kenra in stores or is it something to order online??
~T~

[/ QUOTE ]

i buy mine from trade secret in willow grove chica, theres one in king of prussia too!

i got a deal when i bought mine, the liter shampoo and conditioner for 25 bucks together!

Tracy

Glad you liked it jainy!!!

I don't blame you for wanting to get your hands on that conditioner. I can't wait to get a liter size one day when I can make it to a trade secret.....

I'm dying to try the leave in too!

I'm waiting tho. I have some of the conditioner in my stash and I'm trying to get rid of some of these products!

LABETT

I tried my samples out yesterday too and I love them.
I think I like the Kendra conditioner better than Eluence
conditioner too.
I like the Kendra leave in too very surprised how my hair responded to it.
I headed to trade secrets looking for the liter size bottle.

Allandra

Great reviews. I love the Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo. I plan on trying the Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner some time this year.

candibaby

woo! i'm finally going to try out my samples of Kenra MC, the Straightening Serum, and Daily Provision.. since you already did the other two, i'll just review the Straightening Serum..... but thanks for this review because it made me decide to use it.. except i'm going to deep condition with it.. i hope it goes as well as your experience with it did.

caress

[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:
i buy mine from trade secret in willow grove chica, theres one in king of prussia too!

i got a deal when i bought mine, the liter shampoo and conditioner for 25 bucks together!

[/ QUOTE ]

I buyy salon products from that same Trade Secret in Willow Grove. I also go to Ulta which is across the way in the shopping center. You know, where Barnes and Nobles and Marshal's is?

I like Kenra MC and Kenra Intensive Emollient.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
caress said:
[ QUOTE ]
honeydrop215 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I buyy salon products from that same Trade Secret in Willow Grove. I also go to Ulta which is across the way in the shopping center. You know, where Barnes and Nobles and Marshal's is?

I like Kenra MC and Kenra Intensive Emollient.

[/ QUOTE ]

Okay
i've seen this store in the malls and didnt know that Trade Secret sold that kinda stuff....i've never gone inside one
....but i will now
-- jainygirl

LABETT

I picked up my liter sizes of Kendra conditioner today and they gave the 5 bucks off without the coupon at Trade Secrets.
I thought this was nice.

jainygirl

[ QUOTE ]
LABETT said:
I picked up my liter sizes of Kendra conditioner today and they gave the 5 bucks off without the coupon at Trade Secrets.
I thought this was nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

oooohhh Good Deal!!

myco

Be careful, a good Trade Secrets will make your head spin. Nothing like walls of Liter sized bottles of conditioner to make a girl all giddy.