Just how important do you think it is to use seamless combs?

Toy

Which one did you get? I'm thinking I will need a wide tooth for detangling, medium for styling and a tail comb for roller sets.

BTW....I was admiring your ponytail the other day, it's so thick and long! Very pretty hair!

I bought the Magic Star Jumbo Rake...Thank you for the sweet Compliment you talking long & Thick YOUR HAIR IS BEYOND GORGEOUS!!!!!

MissYocairis

So ALL of the combs on the hotcombs site are not seamless? I notice that this tail comb dosen't say it's seamless and it has this in small print at the bottom... *Although there may be seams present due to the molding process, the key factor is that the seams are "even" and smooth. Uneven seams on the teeth are the culprits that will snag and tear the hair. Rest assured, our SilkLine combs are manufactured at the highest level and quality control measures for a plastic comb.

http://www.hotcombs.net/products/SL7-Tail-Comb.html

I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing before I order.

I wouldn't risk it. Seams cannot be better than Seamless...I don't care how even they are.

MissYocairis

What about these from Sallys? The description doesn't say much but they're called Bone Combs. Are they supposed to be seamless?

http://www.sallybeauty.com/10-piece-Bone-Comb-Kit/SBS-152644,default,pd.html?cgid=Hair10

those are imitations/replicas/fakes. They aren't the real bone combs which are made from bakelite. There's a thread around here somewhere about it. You order them from www.hairsense.com . I've never seen real seamless combs in a store anywhere...always only online.

JustKiya

those are imitations/replicas/fakes. They aren't the real bone combs which are made from bakelite. There's a thread around here somewhere about it. You order them from www.hairsense.com . I've never seen real seamless combs in a store anywhere...always only online.

:yep: Ulta MIGHT have had one. Maybe. I can't remember for sure. Otherwise, yeah, only online. :yep:

Salsarisma

Ugh! Why did I come in here? I just ordered two seamless combs from hairsense.com! Dangit! Nothing else this month! I hope my hair thanks me for this.

likewtr4chklit

I got my seamless combs on ebay from hairsense. $10.25 each with free shipping. I will not be using plasitc combs with seams EVA AGAIN!

BrownBetty

Ugh! Why did I come in here? I just ordered two seamless combs from hairsense.com! Dangit! Nothing else this month! I hope my hair thanks me for this.

I bought my first seamless combs from them about 6 years ago. They are great. I haven't bough another comb since then. I am going to replace my 3 combs now, I broke the teeth in them.

I love these combs.

BrooklynSouth

Ordered the Jumbo and the Mini set...one for home, one for travel. Looking forward to the arrival. thanks, Charz for the tip and Poka-H for the thread!!!

KPH

House Head
I just ordered 2 because I have been noticing my youngest daughter's hair in the big comb every day I get home and I fuss at her and now i realize it's that big stupid comb. I'm going to apologize to her today when I get home. I hope they have fast delivery so i can toss the combs I have into the trash.

TemiLnd

I have that 10 pack!! My hair used to get caught on them ALL the time. Now they just sit in my draw, never to be used again.

I now use my jilbere comb and my denman brush to detangle. Less snapping when combing!!

exoticmommie

Just recently got some after another posters review. These combs glide right through my hair. They are so good at gliding through that if I want to tease my hair I have to use a regular comb. They just glide right on through.

Salsarisma

I bought my first seamless combs from them about 6 years ago. They are great. I haven't bough another comb since then. I am going to replace my 3 combs now, I broke the teeth in them.

I love these combs.

Miss Vee,

Ok, I feel better spending the cash now. I don't mind the cash if it's for a quality product!

a_shoe_6307

It has made a world of differene for my hair. it takes half the time to detangle and I lose less than half the amount hair I was detangling. Now when hairs come out they are all shed hair and that is very few. I just washed the other day and I had about a dime size ball of hair after not combing my hair for 4 days. Usually it would have been abut the size of a half dollar or bigger. HTH!

Charz

Sinister Minister
So ALL of the combs on the hotcombs site are not seamless? I notice that this tail comb dosen't say it's seamless and it has this in small print at the bottom... *Although there may be seams present due to the molding process, the key factor is that the seams are "even" and smooth. Uneven seams on the teeth are the culprits that will snag and tear the hair. Rest assured, our SilkLine combs are manufactured at the highest level and quality control measures for a plastic comb.

http://www.hotcombs.net/products/SL7-Tail-Comb.html

I just want to make sure I'm getting the right thing before I order.

My Jumbo Rake is seamless and my mini rake too. Not sure about the other combs.

ETA: Don't get anything with seams.

Last edited:

CocoGlow

My Jumbo Rake is seamless and my mini rake too. Not sure about the other combs.

ETA: Don't get anything with seams.

Charzboss .. Are the Jumbo & the Mini Rake really the same thing only sized differently? Do they both perform the same?

I am considering getting the Mini b/c I don't know if I will ever need the Jumbo even as my hair gets longer since I comb in sections anyway.... am I thinking correctly? :spinning:

simplyhair

Girl I have dropped this in the shower like 100 times. I jump back everytime thinking it is gonna break, it's so loud from the impact. It's really sturdy and strong because it is made outta Ebonite which is similar in composition to ivory or animal horn.

So true! :grin: I've had my Jumbo Rake for almost seven years and I always drop it in the shower. Not once has it cracked or chipped.

Chromia

It's very important. In the long run it will aid in preventing split ends and mid-shaft splits.

I love my Jumbo Magic Rake From Hercules Sagemann:

http://www.hotcombs.net/products/Magic-Star-Jumbo-Rake.html

Fast shipping and cheap (only 3 bucks)

I did a review here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_gtQ0W8bCc
I have this comb. I love it. It glides through my hair without catching on any of the strands. Before I bought it I used a Goody comb from CVS and I really noticed a difference. I used to get those mid-shaft splits and split ends when I used the Goody comb.

Yea I bought 2 of them as soon as I read the first page of the thread! I had a feeling that they were going to get sold out LOL. My order is coming in this monday. It shipped fast.

SoAnxious12

I just wanted to let yall know, that you bought all the good combs!!! Now I can't have the comb I want until March 15th!!!! Yall make me sick lol

SoAnxious12

ohhh, I should've read the last page of the darn thread, then I wouldn't have been so upset! Yall still make me sick, I can neva have nuthin with yall around!
Yall are so greedy and you need to share

rant over

BillsBackerz67

My hair is very prone to splits. my plan was to drastically cut down on combing period. Its easier to do so when my hair is straight but I'll give the bone comb a try. I had one a few years back from hair sense but I lost it in the midst of moving.

BrooklynSouth

ohhh, I should've read the last page of the darn thread, then I wouldn't have been so upset! Yall still make me sick, I can neva have nuthin with yall around!
Yall are so greedy and you need to share

rant over

:imsorry::heart:I knew I had to jump on it quickly...the 'original' hair steamer being sold out taught me to be really fast ordering a great thing!! It'll be back in stock soon with super fast delivery to your door!!