Do you think my stylist would think I am crazy

moneychaser

if I brought my own comb (s) for her to use. I'm tired of them ripping through my hair with those cheap dollar store reject combs

I want her to use my seamless fine-tooth comb next time I go in for a roller-wrap.
What do you think? Would I be taking it too far
I think everyone would be looking at me like
after I whip out my comb and request her to use it

Queenie

Re: Do you think a stylist would look at me crazy if..

Go for it!!! It's YOUR hair and you are paying HER.

aqualung

Re: Do you think a stylist would look at me crazy if..

I'd call ahead and forewarn the stylist that I've found a new comb that I'm INTENSELY passionate about. She absotively posilutely must use this comb during the next rollerset, or I'll spontaneously combust in the stylist's chair.

She'd think I was clinically insane, but she'd humor me.

Shatani

Re: Do you think a stylist would look at me crazy

if shes been your stylist for a while, you should be able to just tell her....i think its a reasonable request...im sure the rest of the stylists will look at you like youre crazy, and yes, they will prolly talk smack about you when you leave....but come on, theyre gonna do that anyway! might as well have all your hair when ya leave!

~T~

cutebajangirl

I bring my own comb to certain salons. It cuts down on breakage and they'll probably think you are afraid of germs.

Britt

Bring your own comb if thats what makes you feel more comfortable. She may look at u away but your the one paying her and must be satisfied with your hair.

cutebajangirl

Also that is your hair that will be jacked and uneven from her ripping not hers.

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection

lol...You just gave me a flash back. I never brought my own comb but I think I freaked my old stylist out when he first met me. I loved the way he did my hair but the products he used were to heavy for my hair. So I gradually started bringing my own products eventually coming in with a bag of products...lol...setting lotion, wrapping lotion, shampoo, conditioner, stuff I just wanted to try. I didnt mind paying full price...I just didnt want to have to do my hair myself. LOL...I did introduce him to a lot of new products though...

ADB

I just went to a new male stylist for the frist time and I brought my K cutter comb. He didn't seem to mind.

Crysdon

Re: Do you think m stylist would think I\'m crazy if...

I take my comb to the salon. No problems here. Matter of fact, I take shampoo, serum and flat irons.

debyjay

Re: Do you think m stylist would think I\'m crazy i

[ QUOTE ]
Crysdon said:
I take my comb to the salon. No problems here. Matter of fact, I take shampoo, serum and flat irons.

[/ QUOTE ]

Flat irons too???!!! LOL good for you.

Neroli

Re: Do you think m stylist would think I\'m crazy i

Before I really mastered rollersetting, I would take my own magnetic rollers so that I could let my hair airdry. I'd go early saturday and be back home by like 10am and I'd have all day to let my hair airdry. That was in the day when rollersetting was a real challenge AND I was trying to minimize heat as well. Soooo, I just took my rollers and asked if she would use those and explain that I would NOT be sitting under the dryer nor would I want a STYLE. Just wash and set. They all DID look at me like I was looney, but I didn't care and I told her my desire to limit heat. I don't think she got it, but then again, I haven't been back in like years . . . .

AnnDriena_

If they look at you funny just politely tell them it's your head and your money and then just smile. Tell her if she has a problem with that you'll stop wasting her time and go to a new stylist. They know good and full well the competition is too tight to let you and your MONEY go.

MizAvalon

Heck NO girl! Any stylist worth their salt shouldn't care about you wanting your own comb used on your hair. Heck you can even bring your own products and styling tools if you want. YOU are paying THEM and they should be doing what you request, not what they want.

G

I am going to be a stylist soon and I wouldn't be offended. Just be tactful in your request and presentation.

inthepink

I have a hair appointment for Saturday and even though I explained my tangling issues with the stylist, I plan on taking my Jilbere in purse just in case they start having problems. Better safe than sorry. I say go for it!