Brushes and combs

alireno

What kind of comb and brush do you all use? I use a hard rubber wide tooth comb and a boar bristle brush. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

mirrormirror

I use a soft boar bristle brush that I got from Sallys. Its really soft so therfore its gentle on my hair. Some boar bristle brushes can be really hard. And for combs...I use mainly 2 kinds,a rattail comb and a regular size comb.

adrienne0914

i have both of these bone combs:

since i bought them, i haven't used anything else. as for brushes, i have a cheap Goody one and a wooden boar bristle brush.

adrienne

pebbles

I have the first comb in your pictures Adrienne. I hardly every use a brush, but I do own a boar bristle brush that I use for my boys. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Madison

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
adrienne0914 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

i use this comb on my children hair. i just use my fingers on mine.

daviine

Mirrormirror.....Does your brush say #440?

If so, I have had that one for years and went to replace it. I decided to try a different one but it was too hard on my hair and I got so used to holding the same handle for years that I have to go back and get the exact same one....

hairfanatic

I use the seamless combs like Adrienne. And I have also made my own by filing down the seams with a nail filer. The seamless comb really does make a difference. I never knew how much my regular combs use to snag and pull out my hair until I used a seamless comb.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
Phillips Brush

Cricket Detangler

I use the Phillips Model #380 soft bristle brush and the Cricket brand detangler comb. I got them both from Sally's. Cricket is the only seamless comb I found besides the Nubone comb from tenderheaded.com (It's so expensive and I'm afraid I'll break it or lose it!)
The free travel comb that comes with it went directly in the trash. Even Marcia Brady couldn't have combed her hair with that thing!

mirrormirror

daviine said:
Mirrormirror.....Does your brush say #440?

If so, I have had that one for years and went to replace it. I decided to try a different one but it was too hard on my hair and I got so used to holding the same handle for years that I have to go back and get the exact same one....

[/ QUOTE ]

Davine~
My boar brush says Phillips 440, so it seems like we have the same brush. I love that brush.

daviine

I went out and bought another one yesterday. I never realized how much I loved my brush until I tried to replace it.

I must add that the brush that Sassygirl has is soft too but the double-sidedness (I know that's not a word but hey /images/graemlins/wink.gif) of it kind of threw me off.

Jade21

1.Wide-toothed plastic combs. All with seams filed down just like Hairfanatic /images/graemlins/smile.gif
2.Mason Pearson Detangler Comb
3.Mason Pearson Wide-Tooth Comb
4.Tons of Goody Picks...love these /images/graemlins/grin.gif
5.Mason Pearson Popular Brush (combo boar bristle/nylon pins)
6.Mason Pearson Detangler Brush (all nylon)
7.Smaller versions of 5. and 6. for my backpack.

Needless to say, I can't say enough about how pleased I've been with Mason Pearson hair tools /images/graemlins/grin.gif

~Jade~

fletgee

I have 3 Madora Detangler combs. I purchased a detangler comb from tenderheaded and the teeth of the comb are so wide spaced that my braids slip between the teeth! My hair is that thin. I got rid of my brush 2 years ago when I started my hair journey. If I pull my hair back or up I just comb it that way, apply some hairdressing and tie a scarf around my head for about 2 minutes. When I take the scarf off my hair is totally flat and I did so without brushing or tension. I guess having fine/soft hair can have it's merits. /images/graemlins/look.gif

Destanee

I use the Mecbo detangler. This comb is great it doesn't snag your hair like most combs.

I use this comb only in the shower with conditioner.

PapillionRouge

I use a pets brush LOL! i got it from the pet aisle section in Shoprite, its has boar bristles on oen side, and a kind of paddle brush on the other. I love it its teh best thing taht ever happpened to me! /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

G

Wide Tooth Wooden from Bath and Body.

And a Boar brush, but seldom use smoothing up a ponytail maybe.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I use these combs too, plus an extra wide-tooth, and a natural boar bristle brush that is so soft I can brush it against my skin without getting scratched.

adrienne0914 said:
i have both of these bone combs:

since i bought them, i haven't used anything else. as for brushes, i have a cheap Goody one and a wooden boar bristle brush.

adrienne

[/ QUOTE ]

hairfanatic

Hi Jalehia,

On your comb you may see a line, showing you where the comb was put together. Also look on the inside of the teeth of the comb, you will also see lines. A seamless comb is where these lines are not shown at all, that way you are not snagging or pulling your hair out. It's a smooth comb all the way around with no seams. If this sounds confusing let me know because I too didn't know what they were when I first heard of them.

MSCHICHI

Adrienne:

Where did you get your combs from? Were they already seamless, or did you have to file them? I got a similar looking comb from Tenderheaded.com, but I want one with longer teeth.