I've updated my photo album...

Robin41

Re: I\'ve updated my photo album...

Sweetcocoa, your photos are beautiful! You got some amazing growth in a year. Your hair looks like it could even have some natural shine without the pomade.

Thanks for sharing your pics. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Quinny

Ms sweetcocoa your hair is lovely. I love your roller sets.
When you say you set your hair in coils do you mean comb coils? You do 2 to 4 in your entire head? Could you please detail? I'm intrigued. Mucho thanks!

Q

sweetcocoa

The coils I do for my natural curls are not comb coils. I part my hair down the middle from front to back (like when you were a little girl and your mom would braid your hair into braids) I twist my hair around my index finger.(my hair is coated with a combo of Pantene and Paul Mitchell and Carol's Daughter's HHB....the more product... the easier to 'coil'). I got this idea of these coils from a natural lady - Yante Coi (nappturality.com or naturallycurly.com). That's the only way I can get it to look like that. My rollersets come out nicer when I use the Lottabody Creme and add a little bit of my shea/oil pomade(as I roll...not too much or it will be too heavy). I think the heat from the dryer helps the pomade penetrate). I also think the evening primrose oil and flaxseed oil softgels I take are helping it shine also.

G

Sweetcocoa your hair is even more beautiful than I imagined. I really love your hair texture and shine. Keep up the good work and you'll reach your goals in no time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Quinny

Ms. sweetcocoa thank you for the details. I would like to try this method myself. BTW a while ago (several months) I had viewed your first picture with the hair clipped back and really liked it and attempted to try it. Doesn't look as good on my hair but it renewed my interest in styling. Thank you again for sharing.

nijilah

Your hair looks wonderful! Did I ever thank you for your wonderful pomade that you shared? I love it! I use everything but the aloe vera oil. Our hair is so similar which is why I have to find that lotta body cream!!! Yes, I am a PJ.

AZJeepgurl

Sweetcocoa: Your hair is simply gorgeous dah-ling! I printed out your regime from your website and I was all happy and excited to try that KMS Flatout Relaxing balm to see if the results were satisfactory enough to allow myself to go natural with this unruly thick hair of mine. (Breathe) Well, OH MY GOODNESS! I almost had a heartattack right there in Ulta cosmetics when I saw the price for that stuff. $17.98 for 6 measly little ounces????!!!! /images/graemlins/censored.gif

Lord have mercy, I thought I would faint right there. I never paid more than $10 for one single item. After a half hour of staring and re-staring at the ingredients (nothing extraordinary there) and over and over at the price, I broke down and bought the thing.

But I swear if I don't get super straight hair from the results...I'll, I'll.... SCREAM! I'm still hesitating to open the bottle because I can still take it back.

Please tell me this stuff is magic in a bottle????!!!!

Ok, I'm done. /images/graemlins/baby2.gif I'll report back on my experience with this liquid gold.

Sigh,
The Newbie

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
But I swear if I don't get super straight hair from the results...I'll, I'll.... SCREAM! I'm still hesitating to open the bottle because I can still take it back.
Please tell me this stuff is magic in a bottle????!!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. Girl, I hope it is! I can only imagine what you'll do if that thing doesn't live up to your expectations! Funny. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

JerseyGirl

SweetCoca your hair is so beautiful. It grew a lot in one year.

I notice that you use Carol Daughter's Healthy Butter - I use this on my daughter's hair (natural) and my hair when I do the ponytail method. This is a keeper in my house.

Again, beautiful.

Valerie

Sweetcoca
Your hair is looking very lush, and very lovely, it has grown quite a lot, it's got a beautiful sheen. Well Done, I look forward to some more update pictures. /images/graemlins/Flahssssss.gif

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
nijilah said:
Our hair is so similar which is why I have to find that lotta body cream!!! Yes, I am a PJ.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do you live n Maryland? If I recall I think we may work near each other. If so I get mine at Star Beauty Supply in New Carrolton(below the cosmetology school near Ames).

sweetcocoa

AZjeepgurl, Will they let you take it back once it's opened? It works really well on my hair...but I've heard others say it didn't do any better then some of the other ones...that were cheaper. Oh yes, I brought it when I was blowdrying my damaged hair trying to get rid of the frizz...not knowing what was wrong witn my hair. It didn't seem to work and I lost the receipt and couldn't return it. I was so upset cause it was so 'dang' expensive! Well then I wouldn't give it away and no one would but it off of me for that price even though I took off 2 dollars. So when I was transitoning I tried it with my wet sets on my roots(along with some oil or pomade cause it is drying if you don't), then after I wrapped my hair with some of this and got back under the dryer and low and behold it worked. But alone with out some type of oil or pomade I don't get the same results. I'm almost out and I'm looking for something less expensive at this time. Maybe you should hold out and try something less expensive. I'm looking so if I come across something I'll post the results. The only reason I brought it originally was because I fiqured I could return it(until I lost the receipt). I know how it feels when you spend alot of money on a product and it doesn't work(I spent alot on Redken Allsoft Heavy Cream(15.00)..it didn't do 'squat' as far as I'm concerned. /images/graemlins/mad.gif I'm mixing it with other stuff to use it up.

AZJeepgurl

Thanks, SweetCocoa! You're post is pretty encouraging. I know I was really tripping over that dollar amount. I'm glad you understand my financial pain.

I will try it and add oils or whatever as you do with your personal pomade. It will kill me if I don't use it and see if it works for me. I will let this be my one-time "pamper me" purchase and call it a day.

Thanks so much for your response and keep up the good work! Your hair is such an inspiration to the chicken in me that is afraid to go natural. LOL /images/graemlins/cheers.gif