I've updated my photo album...

sweetcocoa

I\'ve updated my photo album...

I added an album for just 'natural' , then seperate albums for 2002 and 2003. There are only a few pics. I'm looking into buying my own camera.

pmichael52172

Re: I\'ve updated my photo album...

Okay, now I REALLY can't stand you now! GIRL, your hair looks really nice, thick and healthy. I am so proud of you. I would take health like that over length anyday.

I still can't find that Lottabody Creme Wrap anywhere in the Laurel area. I went home to Charlotte, NC for Christmas and saw it everywhere. I just laughed to myself and thought about you. I'm getting my hair cut on Monday (YAY!) so I'm going to chill out on all the products. I'm still interested in the creme wrap though.

Please keep posting more pics as you get them. You inspired me once to try and go natural but I just can't do it.

pebbles

Wow Sweetcocoa,

You're hair looks beautiful! Great Job. Makes me want to be natural. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

beana3

your pics are beautiful, very inspiring! The shine is amazing. One quick question... what do you think has helped you obtain the most length in your hair journey?? (supplements, a certain product..etc)

BTW Your hair really gets that straight just doing the wet set????

nita4

Sweetcocoa,

I was waiting for these!! I glad you posted early!!

Your hair is absolutely beautiful. It looks so healthy!! I see your progress in length, but it the health of it I'm stuck on. It looks good!! You are definately an inspiration. Keep up the good work. You might sway me yet...but then there is Adrienne(sp) /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Crysdon

WOW Sweetcocoa! Your hair is looking fab-YOU-lous...so shiny and healthy. With my texturizer, my hair looks like yours in the natural pics, when I don't do a roller set to straighten. How did you get your hair straight, rollerset or hotcurlers?

Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/wink.gif.

*Oh, another thing...your hair has grown a lot since Feb. 2002.

*(Added after I already hit reply)

Tonya

OK u know what...u make me what to shave my head and forget it.
You hair is Gorgeous!!! I love oyur roller set and your natural! Boy if I could get my hair to look like that....

NayNay

Girrrllll your hair is GORGEOUS!!!! You really know how to handle your hair! Keep up the EXCELLENT work!!!!!!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

Your hair looks great! If you got your hair that smooth with a roller set I'm going to have to slap you.
Just kidding! /images/graemlins/grin.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Kitkat

These new pics are great and much clearer than the earlier ones. By now I'm echoing everyone else but your hair looks awesome, girl! It looks SOOOO thick and shiny! Wow! It has definitely grown a lot since Feb 02. Both the natural and roller set pics look great.

Boy, I've got a long way to go before catching up to you ladies on length **sigh**, but I'll get there someday. You guys inspire me!

sweetcocoa

Thank you all. It's not as long as some of you ladies..but I'm working on it. /images/graemlins/grin.gif I really think the Lottabody <font color="red">Creme</font color> has alot to do with the success of my rollersets. Last weekend I did a wet rollerset with just Elucence(my favorite conditioner) to try something 'lighter' mixed with a little olive oil and I didn't get the nice set I usually get. So this time I went back to the Lottabody. As I roll I add a little of my pomade to each section(I think that's where the shine comes in cause the heat from the hair dryer helps it penetrate). Then after I remove the rollers I smooth KMS Flatout relaxing balm through my hair followed by just a touch of pomade, wrap it (twisting the hair net around it to smooth it more) and get back under the dryer for another 15 minutes). I also don't towel off my hair at all but leave it dripping wet as I roll. I've noticed everytime I towel off or remove the rollers too soon I get some frizz. I also do this with my neice's hair (she relaxed 4c) and get the same shine.

hairfanatic

Girl...your hair is looking good and growing FAST! /images/graemlins/grin.gif Keep up the good work.

Cleo

Your hair looks beautiful sweetcocoa! So full and healthy. Do you have a rinse, your color looks really rich?

londongirl3

I cannot get my natural hair that straight unless I go to the salon. You have wonderful hair...........keep doing whatever you're doing, I think you look fantastic

ricochet

That is some gorgeous hair Sweetcocoa! I am natural also, but my natural curl is alot tighter than yours. I have seen lots of natural women have success with rollersets but I have yet to try it.(too busy right now) I am still reading up on the different methods used, though. /images/graemlins/wink.gif Beautiful hair! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

free2bme

Your hair is making such good progress girl!! Keep up the good work!!

Honi

There is no board.

I'm sooo jealous! I can't believe that your natural hair looks like that! You go girl! You make me wanna go au naturel!!! LOL Simply beautiful /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

sweetcocoa

Pmicheal yes that is my home made pomade.

Cleo2377, this is my natural color....I have a few gray strands that I pull out...at least the ones I can find. I'm trying to keep the gray away as long as possible before I dye my hair cause I love my natural color. It got darker when I stopped relaxing(it used to have reddish highlights).
As my hair gets longer the texture seems to be changing also. When I first stopped relaxing it seemed to be more coily(with frizz in the crown and the bangs...which still frizzes easily). As it gets longer the curl seems to be stretching out. I sometimes think my hair is more a 3/a-3/c than what I post it as. I always had great hair in the winter...the summer is when I have problems. My hair is thick but very fine and frizzes so easily. I can never keep it lookng this straight in the summer. That's why I stick to wash and go ponytails when it's hot. Once it cools off I can wear my hair straight more often. I did notice this past summer that it frizzes more easily when it's humid then it used to when I was relaxed...but either way it would frizz(I've had that problem all my life...'summer=frizz' for me).
I'm enjoying frizzless hair as long as I can...July is just around the corner. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

adrienne0914

girrrrrrrl, if i could get my hair to look like that after a roller set, i'd do that all the time!! yes, i'm still fighting it! lol!

you really have perfected it, and like someone else said, moreso than the length, i love how incredibly healthy your hair is. bellisima!!

adrienne

Faith

Nice hair sweetcocoa, very shiny and healthy. Like VG you can get away from relaxing and still get that straight look with rollersets...that's good (lucky girl). /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Sindeee

SCC,

Your hair looks B-Yoo-T-Ful &amp; Healthy. It has grown so much from the previous year. What incredible shine you have!!!

Keep up the good work!

Sindeee

auntybe

Sweetcoca:

YOUR HAIR IS BEAUTIFUL! I wish I could get my rollersets to turnout like that. Keep it up girl.

auntybe

LondonDiva

Sweetcocoa your hair looks too amazing for words girl. Both your natural curl pattern and roller set have it goin on. Do NOT even think about lightly texturizing your hair. I don't usually tell people what to do but it's beautiful the way it is.

skegeesmb

Girl your hair looks great! I've been cutting off that same layer, so my hair pretty much is the same length. Did you do braidouts for your hairstyle in the car? It looks nice!

Skegeesmb

sweetcocoa

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Did you do braidouts for your hairstyle in the car?

[/ QUOTE ]
Skegeeskmb, I dry my hair overnight in 2-4 fat 'coils'. I then seperate them when my hair is dry...and when the roots are 'thoroughly' dry I fluff it out from the roots...but stop before getting to the ends. I coil(set) my hair by first using a leave-in of PM Supercharged and Pantene Pro-V Smooth &amp; Sleek and a generous helping of CD Healthy Hair Butter. I got the idea of drying my hair in coils from 2 natural ladies who have some beautiful hair(and styles)...
Yante Coi and another lady by the name of Asha. I believe they are both members of Naturallity.com. I can't get braidouts or twist outs to look right for me. I usually end up with a head full of frizz! /images/graemlins/crazy.gif I am gonna try flatwists this weekend and see how that works. But so far this is the only method that works for me. Also the 'shake and go' doesn't give me the curl definition I want either.

daviine

Sweetcocoa, you know I love your hair. I've told you that before but I'll say it agian.

I love your hair!

And I agree with Pebbles--you make me really want to go natural!

I've been seriously considering going natural. You are definitely swaying me. If and when I do, you know you will be one of the first people I e-mail girl!!!!

skegeesmb

Oh ok!

I asked you that because I can't do really good twist outs, but I can do good big braid outs. I think I'm going to try to coil technique.

Skegeesmb