I've had it! I'm dying!

godzooki

I\'ve had it! I\'m dying!

my hair! This grey has just gotten way out of control...Does not help that I just turned 35 and I feel my hair makes me look soo much older! I want to dye it black. Rephrase that...I'm GOING to dye it black. What I need from you guys are some great suggestions on which home dye kit is the safest to use. Please help me choose because I'm so scared but I realize this is something I have to do because I'm fed up looking like a haggard mom! /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

GoingBack

Re: I\'ve had it! I\'m dying!

I don't have any suggestions, but be sure to post some pics when you do it /images/graemlins/smile.gif

cybra

Well, I haven't dyed my hair in years now, but when I did I LOVED Feria (I hope I'm spelling it right). My hair was not only richly colored, but the shine and softness was to kill for. I am very protective of my hair, and this was the ONLY dye I had tried that I was totally satisfied with the outcome. I can't stand dry, crispy hair after it's been dyed. This dye costs a pinch more than most store shelf dyes, but it's well worth it.

Avin'sMom2010

Girl I feel ya, I'll be turning 34 on the 28th of this month and I'm seeing more grey hairs by the day, one just popped up in the front of my hairline, I think I'm gonna try Henna or something /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SouthernGirl

I hear ya Godzooki! Although I checked your album (VERY nice hair) but I don't see any gray??

Welcome to the 34 club Stephypoo (or almost 34 club)! Have a happy Birthday /images/graemlins/birthday2.gif

calbear

OHHHHHH HUSH UP - you are fabulous and you know it. You are doing the stay at home mom thing and you know what you have to do to feel it!!!! NOSE RING!!!!!! /images/graemlins/clap.gif Come on woman just spice it up - you know you are all that and a bag of doritos - cool ranch at that /images/graemlins/rofl.gif

TigerLily

I'm with cybra. Go with Loreal Feria. I just used their Feria Hi lift browns dye to dye my hair brown. It's the only dye that I've tried that'll actually turn it brown and not red!!!!

godzooki

Lol! I'm still thinking about that nose ring, Calbear! Guys, there is so much grey but it's strategically growing everywhere! not easy to see via picture but in the mirror it's blaring! I have 4 especially annoying grey hairs right in the front at my middle part which totally ruins my buns or pulled back do's. Everytime someone sees me the first words out of their mouth is "wow! You're getting grey girl!" Gee, thanks....My best friend told me I looked like a twelve year old with grey hair! I was thinking about a temp but I keep reading about how it ruins clothing and bed sheets and I don't want to do a moisturizing treatment overnight and wake up with ruined bedding or towels so I'm wondering if the permanent will be more colorsafe. My stylist said with permanent color she would use minimal peroxide and I was surprised because I did'nt know you had to still use peroxide if going to a dark color. I'm completely color illiterate but I really want to do this. I'm fed up. I'm just bummed that I will be undertaking another repetative chemical hair proceedure. Bummed but excited to see the results! My mom and a few other relatives told me I should do my first color treatment (at least) via the shop so that everything runs smoothly so I'm leaning towards letting my stylist do it. (I just gotta decide on temp or perm...I would rather have the temp but if it is going to bleed all over the place and ruin my materials I won't be happy.) She's been dying (ha ha) to get my greys out for a while now. I'm really going to need you guy's help in keeping my strands after I do this because I'm scared! I wanna look like/images/graemlins/weird.gif not like/images/graemlins/antlers.gif

TigerLily

Well, why don't you try temporary dye. If the color looks okay and it provides the coverage you want, you'll have the option of either staying with the temporary dye or going permanent in the same color. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Aerie17

I use Radiance by Clairol. Sold in Sally's, and is a semi-perm with results that last longest without being a perm haircolor. I can't use permanent color at all.

SherryLove

hey godz.... /images/graemlins/wave.gif

i hear what you saying.. i just turned 38 (praise God) on Nov 15...my gray hairs are definitely trying to compete with the brown hairs...LOL... I would definitely go with a rinse and not a permanent dye....you are looking good, so do not fret too much over this....

anyhoo, have a happy birthday on the 28th......

take care.

godzooki

Thanks guys! Sherrylove, My b-day was on the 14th, lol! I'm already officially on my downward slope...according to a man's world that is. (That's ok, Hubby made me feel much better with a center stone ring upgrade, lol! I almost had an accident staring at it while driving!) Temp. color it is. I was just worried about it bleeding out all over the place and on everything. I was going to go with black but my sis said to do blue black. I'm getting nervous but I've made up my mind that this is something I'm going to do.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif 35??? I would have never thought you were that age. You look as if you are in your mid-to-late 20's! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

[ QUOTE ]
SouthernGirl said:
Welcome to the 34 club Stephypoo (or almost 34 club)! Have a happy Birthday /images/graemlins/birthday2.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Dont tell me you're in your mid-30's too! No way! /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

LB_Williams

WHAT?!?! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

Oh you’re dyeing. Girl, you scared me there!

Just go as gentle as possible, of course.

I used to have mine done at the same time as my touch up when I had a great stylist years ago. She used a temporary or semi-permanent without any harsh chemicals so I never had damage - even having both done during the same visit.

I have coloured so many years that I am letting it go because I honestly don't remember what my natural colour is!!! Plus, I am ready to face my silver hairs in all their glory.

(I reserve the right to change my mind after I see what's really going on up there) /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

godzooki

lol! You guys ever see that Seinfeld episode where Elane is dating the guy who shaved his head on purpose, saw he had a thick head of hair in a pic then got him to grow it back after a year of two of shaving only to discover that he had become truely bald without ever knowing it then dumped him? Well, I'm afraid that's going to be me once I start dyeing...A year of so from now I'm going to decide to take a break and wake up completely grey and screaming. thanks for the compliment Poohbear! My best friend told me I looked like a 12 yr old with grey hair but I got peeved becuase I thought he was talking about my dressing style, lol! Happy late birthday Sherry! We're 1 day off so now I'm gonna remember yours. You too stephypoo!

Aquamarine

Hi there!

Ugh, grays! I'm 31 and it seems that every time that I look into the mirror, I see a new one. They used to be in the area where I used to part my hair on the right side, but now I see a few on the hairline on the left side up front /images/graemlins/ooo.gif!

Here was my delima: Ever since I was a teenager, I'd tell myself that when I started getting about 5-10 percent gray, I'd go blonde. Hey, it seemed logical, right? To me, blonde hair seemed kinda close to silver than my natural off black/dark brown hair lol. So I stripped my hair color recently, and it was a total fiasco. Plus there would have been too much upkeep for my tastes.

I've used 'Natural Black' or 'Jet Black' permanent colors for awhile, but I wanted to slighty take the edge off and not look 'severe. Warm it up a bit, ya know.

So tonight, I'm gonna apply a Clairol Textures and Tones Dark Brown as a corrective color to the bleach. This should work fine since my hair is still a natural TWA of about 1 inch or so when stretched.

For future reference, I bought a semi permanent gold rinse. The logic behind this is that when my hair starts to grow out and the grays expose themselves again, I'll 'maintain' them by giving them a gold rinse that will hopefully mimick natural highlights.

Geesh, I put too much thought into this lol /images/graemlins/laugh.gif