I want to dye it black

Hey LGCF sisters
I'm usually in the makeup forum.
Question - I hope someone can help me
I have a mizani relaxer, my hair is brown but I want to dye it black. Will dying my hair black damage it or is it okay to do so? I did my own relaxer about 2 weeks ago. Thanks

toinette

Tricking the president
You should probably use a black rinse or semi-perm, not actual dye. But be aware, black semis tend to stay permanent and dont really come out. So be sure you really want that black hair. If i were you, I'd go with dark brown instead

Evolving78

i colored my hair black. i tried the rinses first, but it wasn't covering the red that i had left in my hair. so i used a perm color. it's not so bad since you are going darker. but yes, once you go black, you can't go back. you have to grow it out, or strip it out. just make sure you moisturize and dc often. you should be fine.

chitowndcgal

Don't use a permanent dye of any color on relaxed hair! You don't want to add two chemicals to your hair...one is enough. I have a relaxer and I tried everything to get that jet black shiny look. My hair is a dull dark brown. I've tried some high end semi-permanent rinses like Sebastion colorshines, and a couple of cheaper black rinses. Just this weekend I tried Clairol Radiance Semi-Permanent hair color. It is more of a demi-permanent, so it will last longer than a couple of washes. I got black, 1A. You have to buy the color (in a small 2 oz bottle) and the color infuser and mix it. Directions on both bottles. The results were amazing! I now have jet black hair with no ammonia or damage. Good luck!
http://www.amazon.com/Radiance-Colorgloss-Semi-Permanent-Hair-Color/dp/B003UBIL5W

RossBoss

I used Bigen blue black a week after getting a touch up with no problem. I used a lot of oil and conditioner to DC after the color.

Thanks ladies for your assistance! I ended up rinsing it black with clarol. I wanted to use dudley (what I've used in the past) or sebastian but I couldn't find any in the metro-Detroit area.
I never dyed my hair black - when one of you said it was permanent & I would have to wait for it to grow out, I totally changed my mind on dying it black! In the summer my natural brown will be back & I want to put Sebastian Ginger (also my first name) in a few places. I'm just scared to do it because I had it done about 5 years ago at a salon & my hair broke off where the dye was. I want to learn how to go lighter without extreme damage.

simone103

I used Clairol Colorgloss in Dark Brown a few weeks ago and that stuff turned my hair jet black, which is not the look I was going for. This product is a demi-permanent meaning it last longer than a semi permanent, but it also does not have ammonia. So for anyone interested in having black hair the Clairol Colorgloss in Dark Brown will do the trick. The only good part that it did for my hair is that it did cover up the gray hair that I had.