Itchiest scalp in the world...Help!!

pink219

I have the itchiest scalp in the world right now. Sulfur 8 can't even help me!

So far I've used henna/amla twice and it is BAQ henna, so it is pure.
However, both times I've used henna my head ended up itching so bad I thought I had bugs crawling in my head or something. At first I thought my mix was too acidic, so I changed that and it still itched REALLY REALLY BAD!! It itched to the point where I thought I had some type of scalp fungus or lice or something!!!!!!

It itches the most in the back middle part of my head. Henna stopped my hair from shedding so much. However in the middle it is still shedding just the same BUT it is noticeably thicker than it has ever been.

Could this mean my hair is growing, can henna irritate skin/scalp?

I don't know what to do. I want long hair, but I don't want an itchy scalp, but I like the subtle color from henna as well.

Help me! What do you think?

Unfortunately it sounds like might be having a Reaction from the Henna.:nono:

I've never had an Itchy Scalp after using it. I use the BAQ too. You said both times you've used it, your scalp itched?:ohwell:

It sounds like you could be allergic to henna, unless it's something in your mix you're reacting to. What was in your mix the first and second times? Did you use any new products around the same time you used henna?

You may be having a reaction, I do not know but, pine tar shampoo will help with the itchies. Sorry you are having that problem, hope it gets better soon.

Last edited:
Tea tree oil on your scslp when you next condition works wonders, get pure tea tree oil as some of them are mixed with alchol and only contain 15%

Unfortunately it sounds like might be having a Reaction from the Henna.:nono:

I've never had an Itchy Scalp after using it. I use the BAQ too. You said both times you've used it, your scalp itched?:ohwell:

Yup, ITA!! I would try teatree eo (like the others said) mixed with peppermint eo. put 3-5 drops into 8 oz of water along with almond or jojoba oil (just a little bit of oil). Spritz in the affected area and gently massage. Over all, STOP using the henna! It really sounds like you may be allergic!

Back