Is this a protective style?

NitaChantell

you know those hats that you can wear all the way or push it bck to just show your edges && half of your head? Sort of like a beanie? When I wear it, I slick back half of my head with conditioner, shea butter, and IC gel. At night I add more conditioner, tie it down with a bandana and my silk bonnet. Can this be considered a protective style? I have a TWA. TIA:yep:

YankeeCandle

I was JUST wondering this yesterday because my grandma crochets and knits hats like that, and Ithink they are really cute for "bad hair days"..and in general.

My guess is "yes" because the ends of your hair are neatly tucked away--heck, you could even baggy your ends under there based on what I've recently learned about baggying.

I'm definitely asking grandma to make more :grin:.

Fhrizzball

I'd tie a satin scarf or headband underneath to further protect your hair. And even if it's not PS it's still low manipulation in my case. Sometimes I baggy under it for added moisture. Where did you buy yours at?

almondjoi85

I'd tie a satin scarf or headband underneath to further protect your hair. And even if it's not PS it's still low manipulation in my case. Sometimes I baggy under it for added moisture. Where did you buy yours at?

with the winter coming i have def thought more and more about these cute little hats.... only downside is the rough moisture sucking material so I would def put a scarf under there.

NitaChantell

Sorry for responding so late. I got mines from H&M!!

It's a protective style I wore it pretty much all last winter with a baggie and a scarf under it. I baggied 24/7 because of those hat. I may go back to that this winter if I don't have any place of importance to go to.