Is there a lye relaxer for sensitive scalps?

Vinyl

My hair is too dry for no-lye, so if you guys could recommend a lye one that gets hair bone-straight, that would be great! I have a really sensitive scalp, but my hair is also really resistant. I haven't had a relaxer take yet (I've tried Vitale and Phyto back when there was just one formula.)

Last edited:

sqzbly1908

I use Mizani Butter Blend (fine/color-treated) in Lye and I get bone straight...this is with application, smoothing and not exceeding 20 minutes during the whole process

Silk Elements Lye (Mild) also got me bone straight as well...

LaToya28

Sensitive scalp relaxers are no-lye...I use Mizani Butter blends for sensitive scalp and it gets my hair bone straight. Affirm for sensitive scalp got my hair bone straight as well.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
I do not know of one designed for sensitive scalps, but the Mizani BB is very gentle on the scalp.

*Muffin*

In this thread the OP raves about Linage Shea Butter Lye relaxer. She said her stylist says it never smells chemically, and the OP says it doeesn't burn her scalp.

Heavenly

Whenever I wanted my hair bone straight but wanted to save my scalp, I doubled up on the base, and left the relaxer on longer.

Back in the day I used Beautiful Beginnings by DnL... I think... and it did not hurt at all. Like at all.

I stopped using it because they changed their formula.