Deep Brillance Relaxer Review

ryanshope

Okay..I have been faithful Mizani sensitive scalp user since 2004 or so..I really liked the relaxer and had 4 small tubs..but everything I have read states that "lye" is better than "no-lye" for the condition of your har but no-lye is gentler on your scalp..(note:Any "sensitive" formula will more than likely be a no lye formula)...so I decided to try the Deep Brillance normal texture/regular lye conditioning relaxer....

I have come to the conclusion that I can not handle lye relaxers. I have yet to find one that doesn't irritate/burn my scalp...I haven't washed or combed my hair in 4 days to prep for this..I based my hair, scalp, eyes, nape and forhead with the Scalp Protect, vaseline and this Cream of Nature hair protectant. My nape got the brunt of the burning...I think I am going to have to try using no-lye for the sensitive parts...nape and forhead...and a lye relaxer for the bulk of my hair..so my hair is still "wavy"..and I flat ironed it smooth today..I can't give this a good review but I don't know if it is the product or my sensitivity to lye....I have 4a/b texture hair...my camera is dead so I can't post any pics..sorry...but for the ladies who are sensitive..stick with Mizani or Phyto those are the best no lyes( for me) on the market...

UmSumayyah

I wouldn't go about using lye on some parts and no lye on others if I were you. There are bound to be small sections where you overlap the kind of relaxer (i.e., lye one time and 12 weeks later no-lye) and end up breaking hair.
Just a suggestion.:)

~*~ShopAholic~*~

How long after you applied the relaxer did your scalp start burning? I ask because w/regular strength relaxers you have to work faster than when using a mild relaxer. The processing time is much quicker, so you have to move fast to apply the relaxer, smooth and rinse.