Is their a difference between Nexxus Humectress and Suave Humectant Conditioner?

tryn2growmyhair

I just bought the Suave humectant because 1) it is cheaper 2)It does not contain mineral oil like Humectress Does 3) Glycerin, which I can't stand, is lower down on the ingredient list.

For those of you who have used both, which one works better? Is their a difference. At the store, the only difference that I could see is that Humectress was thicker. However, I used it years ago and it did nothing for my hair. I have been looking for a good deep conditioner and was wondering about going back to Humectress, but if Suave Humectant works just as well, then I am going to stick with that.

Any information on this would be appreciated.

sweetcakes14

I've used both of them and the only difference that I've noticed is that I can mix EVOO and Honey with the Suave Humectant and get a smooth consistency, but when I tried mixing them with the Humectress, I didn't get the same result, it came out kinds of clumpy. Other than that, IMO they are the same.

Since Humectress is more expensive I tend to use it for my regular wash days and use the Suave Humectant for my conditioner washes.

Hope this helps.

Nyambura

surfer girl
I've used both. Nexxus products always dried my hair out. I read on another board a while ago that there is salt in them (don't know if that's true but if it is, it might explain the result). Anyway, I prefer Suave's Humectant Conditioner. I haven't used it as a deep conditioner, though. I use it for C/O washes. HTH!

ps ~ Sweetcakes that sounds like an awesome combo. I'll have to try that w/ my Humectant sometime soon.

tryn2growmyhair

sweetcakes14 said:
I've used both of them and the only difference that I've noticed is that I can mix EVOO and Honey with the Suave Humectant and get a smooth consistency, but when I tried mixing them with the Humectress, I didn't get the same result, it came out kinds of clumpy. Other than that, IMO they are the same.

Since Humectress is more expensive I tend to use it for my regular wash days and use the Suave Humectant for my conditioner washes.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, it sounds like there really insnt a difference, so I will stick with Suave.

tryn2growmyhair

Nyambura said:
I've used both. Nexxus products always dried my hair out. I read on another board a while ago that there is salt in them (don't know if that's true but if it is, it might explain the result). Anyway, I prefer Suave's Humectant Conditioner. I haven't used it as a deep conditioner, though. I use it for C/O washes. HTH!

ps ~ Sweetcakes that sounds like an awesome combo. I'll have to try that w/ my Humectant sometime soon.

Thanks a lot, I am now DEFINITELY going to stick with Suave. Yes, I am using it as a deep conditioner, but maybe I will mix it with one of my other conditioners or use it with the EVOO/Honey combo that sweetcakes mentioned and use that as a deep conditioner.

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I use them both. As a matter of fact I mix honey and evoo in both. Sometimes I mix the two together. I tried this when I was almost out of the Nexxus brand. I got pretty good results.

tryn2growmyhair

simplycee said:
I use them both. As a matter of fact I mix honey and evoo in both. Sometimes I mix the two together. I tried this when I was almost out of the Nexxus brand. I got pretty good results.

Do you use this as a deep conditioner? Have you tried the Humectant as a leave-in? How was it?

pink_flower

I have used them both and I like Humectress better. I found it to be more moisturizing. The Suave is just okay, didnt do anything spectacular(smells nice). I used it as a co wash back in the day.

tryn2growmyhair

I noticed that Humectress contains castor oil and jojoba oil. I already have these at home. I am wondering if I add these items and maybe add EVOO, it will be the same thing? What do you all think?