Can Suave Humectant replace Nexxus Humectruss??

RabiaElaine

Hey ladies,
I was doing my using product shopping yesterday: while I was looking for my Suave Coconut Conditioner (that I use as my shampoo for conditioner only washes) I stumbled upon Suave Professionals Humectant conditioner. It says 'Nourishes as well as Nexxus Humectruss'. I opened the bottle and smelled it, it also smelled exactly like humectress. I am a huge fan of nexxus humectress, however that stuff is expensive (though I did find a good deal on two huge bottles at Trade Secrets yesterday
) The Suave conditioner costs about $2. If this stuff actually works the same I'm going to be sooooooooo excited!!! I'm going to try using it tonight. I was just wondering if any of you have used this conditioner to replace Humectress?

melodee

My opinion is that it's not as good. It's okay,but doesn't provide quite as much slip. I am currently using it for "no poos", but I will probably get another conditioner once it runs out.

RabiaElaine

Thanks melodee,
If it doesn't work as well for me, I'll also use it for conditioner washes as the shampoo considering that I didn't get my suave coconut conditioner since CVS was out.

CurlyCrly

To each his own. :)
Suave Humectant is not even close to being as good as Nexxus Humectress. The only thing I've used Suave Humectant for is to style my hair when I wear it curly. I've mixed it with Care Free Curl Gold or Glycerin and it works great like that. However, used alone it's useless for me.

karezone

it is garbage. The shampoo made my hair feel like straw and the conditioner didn't help to change the feeling.

Compassion

I've never use the Sauve Humectress, but I do use the Suave Coconut Conditioner. FYI..they changed the formula. I had an older bottle of conditioner left that contained a small of amount. While out at Walmart I picked up a new bottle. The newer product does not have as many natural ingredients in it as the old bottle had. If you like, you can pm me and I'll post the ingredients for each bottle. I tried calling Suave yesterday. My boyfriend thinks I should just let it go. I just want to know why they changed. I could tell that the conditioner looked different too. The first few ingredients on the old bottle used to contain more nettle, honey and other ingredients at the top of the ingredient list (which are now relocated to the last few rows of the list). On the new bottle, the first row or two of ingredients are not natural anymore. I guess I'll keep using it until I find another product. It's just 89 cents. I'm just a little disappointed though. I really loved the effect that conditioner had on my hair for my conditioner washes.

Blessings,
Compassion

Ebony

i never really bother to use the suave shampoosthey do nothing for me. only the conditioners. the humectant is nothing like humectress in my opinion. it made my hair feel disgusting. however, the balsam protein for some reason is the only conditioner in the suave line that my hair reacts to. it works for me more like humectress does and i use it to sub when i'm low on funds or out of humec. another conditoner that works like humec for me is by freeman. i don't know the name, but it's a white bottle with cherries all over it.

kellistarr

I think the Suave Humectant is just as good or better than Nexxus Humectress. I say 'better' because Suave is cheaper. Performance wise, on my hair, Suave Humectant performs just as well. I like the scent of both conditioners. The slip in SH is as good as NH. I detangled my hair with Suave in less than 5 minutes. The consistency is equal. I do not consider NH a thick conditioner, it is just as runny as SH.
Neither of these conditioners are up to my thickness standards, but I like them just the same. I used NH as my leave-in, but SH would work as a leave-in too, as well as a refresher. My bottle of Nexxus Humectress is the one that does not contain mineral oil. Until they stop making Suave Humectant there
is no need for me to purchase Nexxus Humectress again, unless it is at an incredibe bargain price for a brand name product.

EllePixie

I actually like the Suave, but I don't like using cones so I didn't rebuy it and bought the Suave Naturals Coconut instead. It worked great on my natural hair though and had lots of slip.

I haven't used Nexxus since I went natural but I'd say they are similar in quality.