is roux porosity control meant to make hair feel rough??

cyrealla

ive just finish washing my hair and applied porosity control, ive noticed everytime i put this product on my hair it always feels so rough, is this how it is meant to make my hair feel???

EbonyCPrincess

No, for me after I apply my leave-in and air-dry my hair is left softer and smoother than ever before. Some other ladies complained about this in the thread I started on RC PC and stated to alleviate the rough feeling, they applied the PC before DC'ing instead of as a final rinse. HTH!

GreenEyedJen

Roux has always made my hair feel rough, but I know my hair is porous. Instead of Roux, I use French Perm Stabilizer Plus. Makes my hair feel smooth as a baby's butt.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
As final rinse = rough
Before DC...ETA or mixed within DC = no impact to hair; air dry smoothly

MarieB

They did reformulate: I hit Sally's with my gift card on New Year's Eve, and was about to buy the new formula when I saw the old formula on the clearance rack for less than half of what I was about to pay. Needless to say, I opted for the retro. I've never had a problem with roughness, but so far I have only used PC as a mid-step when doing relaxer touch-ups.

faithVA

I probably have the reformulated one. I use it before DCing and my hair feels rough. I planned to just use the bottle up and not buy it again. I am not sure I can tell the difference. I may look for that French Perm Stabilizer for next time.

Jenko

My permed hair loved the stuff and it would make it all soft. My natural hair however has caught an attitude and refuses to cooperate whenever I dare to use Roux.

French Rouge

My permed hair loved the stuff and it would make it all soft. My natural hair however has caught an attitude and refuses to cooperate whenever I dare to use Roux.

I am transitioning and I agree. After using PC yesterday, My relaxed ends were cooperative, my natural roots were hard. It was like clash of the titans. However, when my hair dried, the shine factor was on point.

LushLox

I use it as a final rinse as it's supposed to help to close the cuticle. I don't leave it on for ages though, just 60 seconds comb through and rinse. I have no problems with roughness.