Is my hair supposed to feel like this?

rainbowknots

Ok, I'm pretty new to the whole hair care game. Bout 1 month and counting. Well yesterday I tried out some new products from Beauty 4 Ashes. It was the Godhead Max Moist shampoo and conditioner along with Godhead leave-in conditioner. Well I washed 1st with the poo, did a protein treatment with ORS mayo, applied Max Moist conditioner and attempted to detangle while the con was still in my hair. Let me just point out that this whole time my hair was feeling pretty tangled. Anywho, after i towel dried my hair a went on ahead to apply my leave in, the whole time my hair felt pretty tangled still, I think I lost a lot of hair during all of this too. I didn't want to blow dry because I'm sticking to only blow-drying once a week. After I sealed my hair, i wrapped it in the scarf (slicked to the back because I'm NL). This morning my hair felt different from when I used the NTM. It was really shiny but to me it kind of felt artificial. Does that mean that the product was good or bad, I'm not understanding. With the NTM products my hair was really soft but kind of dull. I'm just a little confused?:perplexed

ETA:It still feels soft I guess, just artificial, oh and this is my 100th post yay me!:dance7:

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with 3 of the products you used so I'm unsure of how your hair should feel after using them.

I do know that few products left my hair feeling tangled when I had a relaxer. Was the tangling atypical? Maybe you should try introducing each product into your regimen one at a time so you can figure out the effects each has when used alone.

I'm not familiar with 3 of the products you used so I'm unsure of how your hair should feel after using them.

I do know that few products left my hair feeling tangled when I had a relaxer. Was the tangling atypical? Maybe you should try introducing each product into your regimen one at a time so you can figure out the effects each has when used alone.

Yeah I don't remember it being so tangled in the past. These products arent' cheap either and are supposed to be the best of the best, but I guess not for me. I'm going to try them out again before i give up though

Back