Is It Possible to NEVER have split ends...

kblc06

Particularly if your natural. Over the course of the last two weeks I may have "dusted" 1-2 inches of progress, my compulsion with trimming splits as I see them is getting out of hand. I don't have any breakage and when I wear straight styles my ends look wonderful and even when I don't they still look and feel great, but as I look up close in certain sections, there will be a plethora of splits and single strand knots, particularly in more coily areas. For the most part my ends are split free, but sometimes I will see this 1/2 inch long split on one strand and get the urge to trim an inch or 2 only to realize that I didn't get them all or they continue to develop (also have fine hair btw). I'm starting to get slighty discouraged because I feel as though I'm hampering my progress, but I can't take the sight of them being in my hair. Is this even normal (and even when I do protective styles like braids, there's no guarantee that I won't get them). I wonder if it is truly possible to have no splits or should I just wait, get over my bsl hump, and then trim. :wallbash:

I dont think so either, so I say stick with the search and destroy method unless your ends start looking thin and see thru, then its time for a trim.

As long as you're: shampooing, conditioning, combing, brushing, twisting, braiding, rollersetting, airdrying, blowdrying, letting the wind blow through your hair, sleeping, etc., your hair WILL have split ends. There is no such thing as living without having at least a few split ends. I've even seen them on very young babies with the finest hair.

As long as you're: shampooing, conditioning, combing, brushing, twisting, braiding, rollersetting, airdrying, blowdrying, letting the wind blow through your hair, sleeping, etc., your hair WILL have split ends. There is no such thing as living without having at least a few split ends. I've even seen them on very young babies with the finest hair.

Really? I always used to wonder why I never had any. Before LHCF, my sis and I never had any splits. We blowdried and flat ironed twice a month and always wore our hair down...then again we would get our hair trimmed every 6-8 weeks, so that's probably why. Between that time, we never saw any splits and our ends were always blunt. But then again we weren't into our hair that much, so maybe we never noticed it? :rolleyes:

After LHCF, we never saw any splits, and don't expect to since we don't use heat or wear our hair down, and only comb on wash days (every 2 weeks). My sis and I used to have s&d sessions, going through each other's hair, section by section, in front of the pc screen, and ended up stopping cuz there was never anything to trim/cut. I haven't trimmed since the beginning of the year and my sis hasn't trimmed since last December. My mom is natural and also never has splits. She also does not use heat or brush her hair. We all have fine hair.

Our hair looooooves protein, so we keep up with treatments once a month, as well as henna once a month. Maybe that's why. But I do think it's possible to rarely have split ends.

I very rarely find split ends on my hair. I found a couple of them last year but I'v never seen them before that or after. I've never seen a split end on my sister's head. I make her check for them all the time.

Back