Ends Advice

what type of relaxer do you use?

• Total voters

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I have reduced using direct on my hair except the hooded dryer for deep conditionings once a week. This has helped keep splits to a minimum. I'm also on the bun and baggie challenges so I hardly ever see splits anymore but I watching out for them!

lveurslf

Mizani_Mrs said:
if u have bushy ends...then ask your stylist to use an end treatment....cutting it off is not ALWAYS the right answer. which they like you to believe.

What is an end treatment?

Mizani_Mrs

I just meant your stylist should use and recommend u to use something like 'profective healthy ends' or any type of oil and apply to your ends every so often. I mean all these ladies in this board know of treatments to apply to ends that will make the ends stay healthy....isn't it funny that i've never heard a stylist suggest something? the only thing i've heard a stylist say is 'you need your ends trimmed.....' go figure. :confused:

lveurslf said:
What is an end treatment?

EssentialGrowth

Like other members, I only trim if I see split ends or if my ends look raggedy. However, to prevent that I give my ends oodles of moisture and always wear protective styles. Especially since I am on a mission to grow out my layers and even my hair out, I don't plan on trimming for at least another year, given my ends are not split and healthy.

For those that are always in protective styles and only trim to "even things up", whats the point of that if your hair/ends are never being exposed? :confused: Wouldn't you rather grow out your hair, reach your goal, and then trim from there? I always viewed trims as a setback in achieving our hair goals.

InnerSoul

carletta said:
I only do "dustings" to my hair!

yep.. what she said!!

also I don't want to do a big trim until I reach my desired length... and even then it won't be much;) unless it's looking real raggedy!

wheezy807

I couldn't vote. Honestly, i get my ends trimmed every time a get a touchup (i stretch 12wks). So to not do it is like "the peanut butter w/o the jelly. Thats my word.

I dust my ends when they get uneven. I know when it is time for them to go when I look at them EVERY time I am infront of a mirror and hold up my ponytail and see they are uneven. Something starts bothering me inside. Even though I know I dont HAVE to -- I just "have" to!

Sha76

I just trim when I start to look raggety. It usually doesn't bother me until i try to wear my hair down. I wear it up 99.9% of the time

Hair Iam

For the past 6 months, I’ve been dusting as needed, until today. I washed, twisted, and then noticed the drastic difference between my left and right. I could not leave it the way it was, so I dusted the right side and cut the left to match the right. I’ll be doing as needed, I think there will always be an apparent difference, in case it was 1 ½ inches:eek:

Qetesh

i get a professional trim 1ce a year

in between that i dust my ends myself.

i notice now my ends are split and the end 1nch or so of my hair is nearly transparent :(, i really dont want to cut it all off so i am going to try to dust it well and keep it as moist as possible in hopes that the rest of my hair will be able to catch up to it and when i am pushing tailbone length with the thin ones ill just get a nice even trim to put me back around waist length

pistachio

Qetesh said:
i get a professional trim 1ce a year

in between that i dust my ends myself.

i notice now my ends are split and the end 1nch or so of my hair is nearly transparent :(, i really dont want to cut it all off so i am going to try to dust it well and keep it as moist as possible in hopes that the rest of my hair will be able to catch up to it and when i am pushing tailbone length with the thin ones ill just get a nice even trim to put me back around waist length

this is OT, but I LOVE your hair. do you have a fotki account. I'm gonna stalk it ;)

Qetesh

pistachio said:
this is OT, but I LOVE your hair. do you have a fotki account. I'm gonna stalk it ;)

thank you.

i dont , i have been meaning to set one up but my mac browser hasnt let me do it yet, not sure if i need an update or something :confused: but i will keep trying anyway

eventually i hope to get one, i am also lazy about posting pics on a regular basis :ohwell:

pistachio

Qetesh said:
thank you.

i dont , i have been meaning to set one up but my mac browser hasnt let me do it yet, not sure if i need an update or something :confused: but i will keep trying anyway

eventually i hope to get one, i am also lazy about posting pics on a regular basis :ohwell:

oh darn! :p

JustKiya

Right now, I trim pretty regularily - I try to wait until my ends start feeling rough - and I mean a serious 1-1.5 inch trim. The only reason I'm doing that NOW is because I'm growing out color, and I'm trying to get rid of most of it.

Once my color is grown out, I'll most likely dust when my ends start feeling ragged, but otherwise, I won't be trimming. I don't ever plan on wearing my hair straight, so I don't really care if the ends are 'even'....