Is it possible to moisturize pressed hair?

dinaaike

I have used my flat iron for maybe the third time ever. I rarely straighten and I just realized that besides maintenance, it's because I don't know how to moisturize pressed hair without reversion.

Is this even possible? A little help...:look:

DivaD04

no. girl u can moisturize if u wanna...u'll find ur hair right back puffy! another word for moisture is water no matter how folks like to shimmy it up.

Mimi22

Jane carter nourish & shine is great for moisture:yep:
Also try essential oil mixtures and NTM silk leave in.

HTH!:yep:

stixx

I find if I use the right serum while straightening I don't need to moisturize for at least a week. Sometimes I'll use a light coat of oil on my ends but that's it. My hair can't even take a light drizzle of rain for more than 30 seconds before frizzing, so once it feels dry I'm better off washing and pressing again.

clever

I agree with Stixx.If you DC/moisturize and use a serum you shouldn't really have to add anything else.Also depending on how you straighten(if you don't get your hair very straight and its still puffy then of course its going to revert),you can add a small amount of moisture.If need be,I add a small amount of length & strength to my ends and I don't get any reversion at all.

Golden

I use awapuhi moisture mist by paul mitchell, if I feel that my flat ironed hair needs to be moisturized & it doesn't get puffy at all.

Ms Lala

I do. I use something that is more oily than watery like EQP oil recovery. I rub it in my hands until is a very thin layer and apply a very small amount.

Last edited:

Nya33

I gave Cathy Howse creme moisturiser a go as it says can be used on pressed hair but it reverted my hair straight away!

What i do now is mix pure shea butter and jojoba oil together and massage through my hair in sections after i have pressed my hair.

hopeful

I gave Cathy Howse creme moisturiser a go as it says can be used on pressed hair but it reverted my hair straight away!

What i do now is mix pure shea butter and jojoba oil together and massage through my hair in sections after i have pressed my hair.

Ooh that sounds like a great idea.

jerjer29

I always use Pink Luster's No Frizz Shine spray...it's kind of like a really light serum/oil. My hairstylist always used it when she was pressing my hair, and when i use to wrap my hair i'd lightly spray on my hair and it left my hair soft, silky, and it never reverted it back.

chebaby

i have been pressing my hair my whole life and yes you can. water is not the only moisturizer(dont know who made that up). i just flat ironed my hair yesterday and i moisturize with green tea butter and seal with a little oil. my hair is never dry nor does it revert. im not natural but i have 11 months of new growth.

dinaaike

Great tips ladies! Thanks! :yep:

I have never attempted to moisturize with oil alone. I have avocado and coconut oils. The only butter in the house is for bread :look:. But I will try with the oils tonight and report back. I flat ironed right after a deep condition, so my hair does not feel dry. I just want to keep it that way.

Now what is this Green Tea butter you speak of...?

Ms Lala

Great tips ladies! Thanks! :yep:

I have never attempted to moisturize with oil alone. I have avocado and coconut oils. The only butter in the house is for bread :look:. But I will try with the oils tonight and report back. I flat ironed right after a deep condition, so my hair does not feel dry. I just want to keep it that way.

Now what is this Green Tea butter you speak of...?

Most oils lay on top of the hair but coconut oil actually penetrates the hair so you might try it.