What do you do to your hair after you moisturize?

SleepyJean

This is a spin-off from my last question. You see...my hair always poofs after a moisturize. I try to keep my hair straight during the week with my sad excuse for a roller set (It's getting better with each time, though :yep:), but after I moisturize...:afro:. I find that the only way I can maintain my straight style is to rollerset after I moisturize. Is there any other I way I can do it? I'm really interested in hearing answers from people who moisturize with flat-ironed/pressed hair. Tell me your secrets!

Last edited:

Qualitee

I seal with coconut oils and wrap my hair What are you using to moisturize? IOthink most people use a heat protectant flat iron and the moisturize and seal with oils HTH

Last edited:

SleepyJean

I seal with coconut oils and wrap my hair What are you using to moisturize? IOthink most people use a heat protectant flat iron and the moisturize and seal with oils HTH

I'm trying to cut down on flat ironing. I haven't flat-ironed in awhile. I rollerset, now. However, when I did flat iron, I used a heat protectant not moisturizer to flat iron. I moisturized a couple of days afterward. :yep:

I use Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer to moisturize and seal with hot six oil(I ran out of olive oil :ohwell:). The problem arises after a moisturize/seal. If I just put a scarf on my hair after I moisturize/seal...afro. I HAVE to do a rollerset to keep it straight. Am I missing a big secret? Moisturizing wrongly?...or Do I just lack the moisturizing skill? :sad: Rollersetting after moisturizing works...but I despise the manipulation. :wallbash:

Last edited:

smoothie696

I'm trying to cut down on flat ironing. I haven't flat-ironed in awhile. I rollerset, now. However, when I did flat iron, I used a heat protectant not moisturizer to flat iron. I moisturized a couple of days afterward. :yep:

I use Elasta QP Recovery Oil Moisturizer to moisturize and seal with hot six oil(I ran out of olive oil :ohwell:). The problem arises after a moisturize/seal. If I just put a scarf on my hair after I moisturize/seal...afro. I HAVE to do a rollerset to keep it straight. Am I missing a big secret? Moisturizing wrongly?...or Do I just lack the moisturizing skill? :sad: Rollersetting after moisturizing works...but I despise the manipulation. :wallbash:

Is your moisturizer a water based product, because if it is, that might be the problem.

Jadore_tay

if i am going out i will seal with castor oil and bun or put it up in a bear claw clip. if i am going to sleep i will seal with castor oil as well, wrap it and put my silk scarf over it