Is it possible for someone to do a bad job braiding your hair?

RavenMaven

My friend is going to braid my hair, and she said she hasn't done single braids in a while. Now, I know that if braiding hair too tight will be bad for your edges and such, but is there a way that she would mess up my braids as in make it look bad? I'm just concerned because I'm pretty much going with the flow -- I've only seen her cornrow someone's hair, and it looked like an 8 out of 10. I'm figuring that doing single braids cannot be that difficult to do if you have some prior braiding experience? So there's no way she can mess these up, right? :ohwell:Correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry if my question is not clear. Just ask me to rephrase. I'm bad at asking questions lol :nono:

illustrioussplendor

Yes it is possible to do a bad braiding job, especially if you are inexperienced. If you trust your friend enough to do it then go ahead, just don't expect (professional) results.

Lucky's Mom

Just Because they SAY they can braid - Does not mean they are good at it, or that they know how to do it well....
Have you seen her work? Individuals - and have you spoken to any other who got their hair done by her?

I had braids for years. I do my own now... But - I have had AWESOME braiders - and Horrible ones.

So - Good luck to you my dear.

tada1

YES! YES! and YES! :lachen:
two years ago, a friend braided my hair for me for free, and it was an experience. the ends of one section of hair somehow wound up being included in a braid way on the other side of my head (imagine half the braids on your head being like this)

it looked nice when she was done, but all i could hear was pop pop poppidle pop each time i touched it. im not mad at her though, because the trauma of being almost bald after taking the braids down led me to lhcf

good luck

Nonie

Ditto what everyone else has said.

OT, Jerseygurl, your braids are very nice! :yep:

Covergirl5906

yes a lot could go wrong...see if you can see pics of her work...You don't want to waste time sitting there for hours getting braids only to have to take them right back out...

RavenMaven

yes a lot could go wrong...see if you can see pics of her work...You don't want to waste time sitting there for hours getting braids only to have to take them right back out...
yeah actually i did end up sitting there...
i was a little mad, but at least i got to experience what a bad job was so that i can stay away from amateurs (what she turned out to be)
now i know to ask for pics of hairstyles they did
and preferably go to a braiding shop.

Lebiya

YES!

I’ve had only 1 good job in terms of braid extensions.

I did not know soo many people could not do a simple job like that correctly, even the ones who are excellent at the different cornrow creations, and what upsets me even more are the ones who charge big bucks in salons, but don’t even know how to part your hair neatly!!!!! I’ve left countless in tears because I had to cancel another event.

After almost 2 years of braiding, I’m still searching for a good stylist, and I don’t ask for much either!

aurora3140

I've done my own braids before with no real experience braiding with synthetic hair, and the braids themselves looked okay, but my parts were a mess.

If your friend is used to doing cornrows, it's possible she might struggle making parts that allow the braids to fall nicely and uniformly.