Cornrows- With or without (bulk) braiding hair? Does it matter?

Smiley79

I asked in another post and got not response...

When you cornrow your hair does it matter whether or not you use braiding hair? I'm rocking cornrows under my half wigs now that I took out my braids. I did the cornrows without braiding hair and it felt different, lol. When I use to go to the salons for my weaves they always added hair. Oh well, just curious if one way is better then the other. :)

kmn1980

Emoticons don't affect me
Don't know but I know I'm allergic to fake hair so I can only do natural cornrows otherwise, the rash and itching ensues. I don't do wigs so I can't help you with that part.

mariefof

I asked in another post and got not response...

When you cornrow your hair does it matter whether or not you use braiding hair? I'm rocking cornrows under my half wigs now that I took out my braids. I did the cornrows without braiding hair and it felt different, lol. When I use to go to the salons for my weaves they always added hair. Oh well, just curious if one way is better then the other. :)

I really think it depends. When adding hair to conrows, it creates a sturdier braid than if you only use you own hair. Plus when the weave is sewn directly to your hair, it creates friction and pulling which is going to happen anyway but i really believe that reinforcing the braids with extra hair may cause less hair loss.

Nasdaq_Diva

How long are you planning on keeping the braids in? I braid my hair (plaits) with just my hair nothing added when I wear my wigs. But, my hair only holds up a week.

If I were to use fake hair, it would hold up alot longer, at least in my case.

Smiley79

Ok so the point is that it would make the cornrows last longer. My plan is to keep them for 1 to 2 weeks tops so I can wash and DC regularly.

NikkiQ

I get bulk hair added to my braids every time I get my beehive done b/c I do cowash,shampoo and DC frequently. If I didn't have the hair added, the braids would just unravel after a week or so and I keep them in 4+ weeks at a time.

ms.blue

It depends, right now I'm wearing my half wig with my hair cornrow back with no added hair and its fine but if I'm getting a weave, added hair is a must since it would unravel quickly.