Is it normal?

MissJ

I've never had braids until now. Is it normal to experience irritation around the hairline in the form of small bumps? Also, is the scalp supposed to itch so much? I've been using African Pride Braid Sheen Spray on the braids and scalp, and I see that it contains the same ingredient that caused irritation in some Surgers. I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Anybody have any ideas?

The bumps could be from the braids being too tight around the hairline. Are they too tight?

ETA: What type of hair (synthetic, human) and what type of style are you wearing?

candibaby

If those bumps around your hairline are red/reddish looking, please take your braids out or you could lose some of your hair around your edges later on.

MissJ

They were tight at first but not now. It's been a week since I got the ones in the front. They're really small braids, and I used human Wet and Wavy hair.

asummertyme

the bumps r prolly b/c the braids r 2 tight..u will prolly see some white bulbs soon, it means ur hair was pulled out from the root..did u go to a salon or do it urself..i expierence the same thing if someone does my braids b/c they braid hella tight...and i lose hair around the edges..try to use something on ur scalp around the edges to sooth ur scalp..some seabreeze may sooth the itchys..and then apply a moisturiser

MissJ

Ok, well, I don't see any white bulbs. My mom did it for free, so I don't wanna complain.

smiller

No it is not normal. I think you should take them out. I lost my hair line from too tight braids. and it is a hard job trying to get your hair line back. :eek:

Shatani

another thing may be allergic reaction....my girl had an allergy to human hair and it started out like that....if the itching turns to burning you betta take them suckas out!