I'm Thinking About Get Extension Box Braids

Lilmama1011

I was thinking about getting this https://www.google.com/search?q=jhe...Q_AUoAQ&biw=360&bih=640#imgrc=6pZ6bLDa-tPb8M: I have never had weave before and don't know anything about it. But the person that's doing it told me to get kanekelon hair. Will that cause irritation or is it something I have to do before hand for it not to irritate my scalp. Should I spray my scalp daily to moisturize it or use a regular creamy moisturizer to moisturize and then seal like normal. Any advice on taking care of my hair while wearing this is appreciated.

I wanted to know will putting the hair in boiling water damage my real hair. My real hair comes down to my areola (lol) and I want to get them to below my chest so my hair will get wet. But I don't want to get it burnt because I don't like the hard blunt look.

I got box braids for the first time and love them. Everynight, I use dry shampoo on my scalp, and spray my hair with leave in conditioner then use coconut oil on my scalp, own hair, and throughout the kankelon for shine. I wash once per week. I use clarifying shampoo and then a protein then moisturizing conditioner. I love them!

If you're worried about scalp irritation, I would soak the kenekolan hair in a ACV rinse because a lot of people are allergic to this alkaline coating that they add to synthetic hair. I add about a 1/4 cup of ACV to a sink full of tepid-warm water and let that sit for about 20-30 minutes, then rinse away the vinegar smell with cool water. I then dry the hair overnight on a laundry dry rack.

I wouldn't use a creamy moisturizer daily, only after shampooing the braids. I used watered down leave in every 3 days.

@BGT , what brand dry shampoo do you use?

If you're worried about scalp irritation, I would soak the kenekolan hair in a ACV rinse because a lot of people are allergic to this alkaline coating that they add to synthetic hair. I add about a 1/4 cup of ACV to a sink full of tepid-warm water and let that sit for about 20-30 minutes, then rinse away the vinegar smell with cool water. I then dry the hair overnight on a laundry dry rack.

I wouldn't use a creamy moisturizer daily, only after shampooing the braids. I used watered down leave in every 3 days.

@BGT , what brand dry shampoo do you use?
Ok thanks, I will do that tonight or Thursday. Just got the hair and acv today. Getting it done on the 12th

I'm in my second set of box braids now I love them. Like the previous poster said make sure you moisture in order to prevent build up. I moistiurze every other day. I used expression hair both times because it's really light so my head doesn't feel heavy.

Make sure your hair is straight and combed out in case she uses a small tooth comb. I am liberal with the moisturizer around my perimeter because I wear the braids up/down.

I had no hair loss or thinning edges after my last set of box braids just a little build up that took time to detangle.

Back