Is it me or did the way she style her hair made you go "wtf?"

bklynbornNbred

I wouldn't have done that style on fresh curls that came out the way hers did. That would be more so of a let me try to save this since I didn't let it dry or I was sleepy and didn't roll the back up properly. The video isn't nearly as bad as the title made it seem.

Lilmama1011

Her natural hair is very pretty. I liked her hair when she separated the curls. I didn't like the pin up. I thought she pinned it up to find more curls to separate.

Girrrrrl thank you, now I don't feel like the odd ball Honi usually when people pin their hair up it looks like it has some structure, it does look like something you would do trying to get the hair out your face real quick and fix the rest. (3

Lilmama1011

That's what it takes for yal to want curl formers. Ya have been sleeping on curl formers, they area the sh$! When you get the hang of them. I struggled the first couple of times but now I'm good and I wasn't opening the top and ripped some hair out, I did a set yesterday and no problems because i opened it up thus allowing more hair to go inside. I was four months once and did a set and it looked like i had a fresh relaxer. Get them, they are truly a life saver but 70 dollars at Sally's no:no: (even though I got mines from Sally's but I got the i individual sets because th set comes with small once and I need the longer ones and who knows how much I ended up spending really. They like 11 dollars a pack individually. My friend just got a 40 pack i think for 18 dollars. I want the big ones now so it will be easier for me to have a fluffy flowing style with body other than just curls and if I want to wrap my hair, with the bigger ones they will be better

Lilmama1011

That's what it takes for yal to want curl formers. Ya have been sleeping on curl formers, they area the sh$! When you get the hang of them. I struggled the first couple of times but now I'm good and I wasn't opening the top and ripped some hair out, I did a set yesterday and no problems because i opened it up thus allowing more hair to go inside. I was four months once and did a set and it looked like i had a fresh relaxer. Get them, they are truly a life saver but 70 dollars at Sally's no:no: (even though I got mines from Sally's but I got the i individual sets because th set comes with small once and I need the longer ones and who knows how much I ended up spending really. They like 11 dollars a pack individually. My friend just got a 40 pack i think for 18 dollars. I want the big ones now so it will be easier for me to have a fluffy flowing style with body other than just curls and if I want to wrap my hair, with the bigger ones they will be better

Like someone else stated it looks like a heap on her head or like she just piled it and pinned it. I'm use to seeing pin ups looking more orderly

D.Lisha

Her hair came out gorgeous! I figured it was just fine when she first took it out. The pin up style? Ummm...not so much.
I'm ready to try this out myself. :D

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

D.Lisha

Lilmama1011:
May I ask, where did your friend purchase hers for such a low price?

Sent from my iPod touch using LHCF

ladybug71

Loved the way her curls came out! The pin-up, eh, it was OK.

She's a beauty, I was also wow'ing at the before and after makeup.

FearlessNik

Your curls don't look uniform/ like they weren't wrapped tight enough. Did you style it more or just left it how it was with the take down?

mshoneyfly

I saw this vid months ago. I love her final look. This lady is gorgeous. Some people have it ingrained in them that hair has to be perfectly uniformed at all times.

I like hair thats a little messy, like you're not trying too hard. I mean really...would you all have been happier if she slapped a big 'ole country french role in her hair??

Lilmama1011

Your curls don't look uniform/ like they weren't wrapped tight enough. Did you style it more or just left it how it was with the take down?

I think it's my thin ends because I didn't take it out until it was fully dry and then that was the next day so when I pinned it maybe i stretched the ends a bit idk..., FearlessNik

Last edited:

Britt

Just coming in here to say I love her and her sister's hair and style. I liked how Meechy did her hair at the end.

BostonMaria

Gorgeous! Wow her curlformers were PERFECT and there was no frizz. I need her to come do my hair LOL The curlformers came out flawless.

I thought her styled hair came out beautiful. I didn't see anything wrong with it. I've seen some Youtubers leave their hair "as is" after taking out curlformers and I think it looks very Shirly Temple-ish. The separation between each hair section just looks odd.

LivingInPeace

I thought her hair looked fine pinned up. Based on the OP I thought I would be seeing some madness when I watched the video.

sunnydaze

I saw this vid months ago. I love her final look. This lady is gorgeous. Some people have it ingrained in them that hair has to be perfectly uniformed at all times.

I like hair thats a little messy, like you're not trying too hard. I mean really...would you all have been happier if she slapped a big 'ole country french role in her hair??

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

I also like the finished look, it could stand to be even more separated IMO. I too am not a fan of what I call "church girl curls", where it looks like you just took out the roller and that's the finished style. I like a bit of messiness and volume.

lux10023

i agree with you OP her final style was a complete no no to me...buttt her curls were beautiful... :)

Last edited:

SexySin985

OMG I have been debating on whether or not I should take the plunge and get some CF for the last two weeks now. That price tag at Sally gives me a mini heart attack every time I go to buy it. I think this thread is God telling me to go buy them:lol:

mz.rae

LOL at this thread title!! :lachen::lachen:I'm sorry but for some reason I found it funny! But to answer the question I actually thought her hair looked nice makes me want to use my curformers this weekend!