Is it just me or has the forum died down quite a bit...

Sondice

I know Im def on here alot less that I use to be. Thought it was just me. Now I come in here maybe 1x a week, before I was constantly on here, everyday. For me I kind stay away because of the drama. I feel like this use to be a place where everyone was accepted, now theres tons of "internet wars" and they start from literally nothing, its sad, I dont like the drama. It can get pretty nasty in here.

RedVelvet310

I agree... I don't know about anyone else but I'm swamped with school work.. there is ALWAYS something for me to be doing (like right now :look:) so I don't log on as often as I used to...

missusM

I am one of those newbies you talk about that do not post though I have a few times. I will say this forum is informative, but the way the search collates the information that you try to search for is longwinded to say the least.

My main reason for not posting is not really the search or anything like that, its all the posts I have read where posters have commented on drama, or where i have seen drama, or that a whole gaggle of posters were banned from the forum etc. That to me sounds like some bull that I just dont want to be part of. I have a stressful enough life without coming online to chill and have drama, cussing, fights and what not.. so I will continue to cruise and leave it at that. Its a simpler life for me.

sensi sweetie

Wha tis going on with this site?? Every time I come here, there are glitch problems, upgrades, dowgrades, the site is shut down, someone received a bug/virus etc. Don't get me wrong this is a great site, but I may not be paying my 6.50 next year if this continues. there is always something wrong with this site :sad:

I have been to free websites that have more people than LHCF and don't encounter these types of problems. I'm just sayin.

I would thank you for this post, but they took that away too
:perplexed

Ms Lala

nikolite

I think it's just because the Mention feature was fairly new that people didn't remember to use it or know how to use it. But it was catching on. I don't skip over many threads but I don't think there wasn't any thread I went into in the last week that wasn't using the mention feature. So in time, it'd have become second nature just like quoting someone so we knew who you were talking to was kinda the norm.

I didn't even know this feature existed.

juicy555

Life cycles...

I stopped coming for a loooong because I'd solidified my regime, plus the banning and later, overall cattiness of some posters, had something to do with it too. Not to mention life... child rearing, divorce, etc...

I've started coming back now that I just bc'ed and trying to figure out what the heck to do with my hair. But now I pull up all this weird stuff in "search" and am getting strange error messages. Doesn't mater though, I'll continue to support this thread because it's been there for me all this time... LHCF was a light when I thought there was no hope, so I don't mind paying the 7 bucks to help keep it going.

Just my 2 cents.

Platinum

If it wasn't for this site, I would have continued to be a slave to weaves and over-processed ear-length hair. I would have never even thought of transitioning and eventually become natural. So yeah, I will renew my subscription.:yep: LHCF is the first hair forum that I joined, I've learned more about haircare here then any other site. I miss a lot of the "old heads" that were here when I joined.

The forum has died down and I think that the upgrade was to blame. I liked a lot of the features but it was frustrating to wait for pages to load.:sad: I think Nikos did an excellent job, the upgrades didn't work but he seems to work very hard to try to get the site back on track.

Platinum

I rarely post but Nonie thnx for that ppst above about Nikos and the work he has done. Idc if people get mad at what i'm about to say but I have never heard people complain so much in my life. "omg the forum was down for a whole weekend! I will not be subscribing again..blah blah blah". Ya'll sound so stupid...is it that serious? it's a hair website! like seriously?!?! go outside, workout, read a book! It is not the end of the world. The site was clearly down since yall complained so much and they changed the forum back to the old format. Some of yall are still complaining about the format so much ya'll didn't even notice the board is back to the old format! Ok theres been a few problems with the website..they're clearly working on it and getting things fixed. Stop being so negative.

Since the "thanks" button is missing...Let the church say AMEN!:yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
@Nonie, ITA that I hate I can't edit my previously submitted posts. The mention feature is/was cool. I thought I read somewhere that the mention feature would be available after the downgrade. *shrug* Maybe I just made that up or dreamed it - lol, so don't believe that about the mention feature just yet...at least not until someone else can confirm.

Solitude

@Nonie, ITA that I hate I can't edit my previously submitted posts. The mention feature is/was cool. I thought I read somewhere that the mention feature would be available after the downgrade. *shrug* Maybe I just made that up or dreamed it - lol, so don't believe that about the mention feature just yet...at least not until someone else can confirm.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Girl, I feel like I'm in la-la land every time I log in.

Natirelle

I swear I just seen the mention featured after i paid my subscription today, I have notice the board is picking up little by little.

Lady Esquire

Okay, seems the old board is back now and loading up quicker. Even though the vets are sparse, I've noticed the newbies are holding things down, as it should be.

TheCoilWhisperer

I agree. The search option just does give me the info I need. It kinda sad actually. I've thought of moving on to another site too.

Since the update of this site and over 1000 pages of threads, it makes it hard to navigate and maintain interest at the same time. Before the update, I use to love this site. Now there are too many threads on the same topic and the search engine does not work as effectively like the old site. Just my 2 cents.

ilong

God's Own
Ironically, I was just thinking this (thread topic) when I logged in and then I saw that someone was viewing this thread . I wasn't a "heavy poster" but I did post a lot more frequently than I do now. Like others I miss many of the "old heads", their knowledge, the pics, camaraderie and great challenges . I don't miss the drama!

Soaring Eagle

Singin’ the praises of the baggy method
When the rest of social media crashes we'll be great again.

Perhaps we're great anyway.
Good point. There are many groups on Facebook all about hair. I'm in 5-7 natural hair groups. They are basically just like forums where people can ask and discuss anything about hair (and any other thing they wish to discuss). I guess why pay for something that you can have else where for free?

Even though I am in those groups, I like the sense of community over here. In addition, there are a lot of trolls in those groups, whereas over here, having to pay keeps the trolls out.