Is everyone hiding their hair!!, where are the Hair updates/Progress pics

kizzylonghair

Hi Ladies,

It feels as though the updates/progress pics have gona a lil slow, Are ya'll on the hiding your hair challenge FOREVER :badgirl:

It updates that keep me going, there is no-one else other than u guys that I can talk to about hair/ my hair.

No matter how small, even if its a link to your fotki

:needpics:

I am hiding my hair Im gonna be in weave intalls until december in the Weave it up challenge but I removed my install last week and took some pics before going back in
Here is a pic of my hair at the start of my HHJ which was May 2009 I was relaxed
Digicam2002.jpg

Here is my hair this month July 2010 Im natural now I transitioned in weaves by doing mini chops between each install
hair014-1.jpg

I didnt straighten because Im trying to avoid heat by stretching my hair looks like I could be a little longer than I was at the start of my HHJ ( maybe not) that shrinkage is crazy

I am hiding my hair Im gonna be in weave intalls until december in the Weave it up challenge but I removed my install last week and took some pics before going back in
Here is a pic of my hair at the start of my HHJ which was May 2009 I was relaxed
Digicam2002.jpg

Here is my hair this month July 2010 Im natural now I transitioned in weaves by doing mini chops between each install
hair014-1.jpg

I didnt straighten because Im trying to avoid heat by stretching my hair looks like I could be a little longer than I was at the start of my HHJ ( maybe not) that shrinkage is crazy

:love: Thats amazing to transition and get that length :wow:
Well done, girl:grin:

I'm hiding mine for the next couple of weeks which will be my relaxer time. I posted these pics in the APL challenge thread which is where I hang out most of the time :lachen:

This was my June update after my May self trim (which I botched):
comic.jpg

I'm 15 weeks post going for at least 18 and hiding out in crochets that I did this past Thurs:

crochetbraids-1.jpg

Back:
SDC14790-1-1-1.jpg

I used 2 packs of Freetress Water Wave hair in colors 2 for the back and 33 for the side and top. It took me about 3 hours total to install because I had to teach myself how to cornrow via youtube. I like it a lot especially the color.

I'm not hiding but because I don't straighten, I don't feel like my updates are worthy enough for a thread all on their own, so I only post in my challenges. I'll probably straighten next month or in September and will make a thread then.

My hair is back in hiding. I did a retouch last Saturday and I then it went promptly back into the witness protection program! :grin: However my update is in my siggie!

I'm on my own personal challenge right now :yep: ... hiding my hair under half wigs until September... and depending on how well it goes I might hide my hair until December :grin:

I'm hiding mine for the next couple of weeks which will be my relaxer time. I posted these pics in the APL challenge thread which is where I hang out most of the time :lachen:

I'm 15 weeks post going for at least 18 and hiding out in crochets that I did this past Thurs:

Back:

I used 2 packs of Freetress Water Wave hair in colors 2 for the back and 33 for the side and top. It took me about 3 hours total to install because I had to teach myself how to cornrow via youtube. I like it a lot especially the color.

Do you wash when you're in your crochet braids?
How long will you be keeping them in?

Do you wash when you're in your crochet braids?
How long will you be keeping them in?

Hey Shy, you don't technically "wash" your hair (or at least I don't). I will be cleaning my scalp with witch hazel and using a glycerin moisturizer every 3 days. I plan on keeping them in about 3-4 weeks.

I didn't make a thread or anything, but I recently celebrated one full year of like...hardcore LHCF practices.

This was my hair in July 2009:

picture.php

And this is my hair now (July 2010):

picture.php

I think my ends looked better then...right now, they need the hand of Jesus. :nono:
But all the same, I'm happy with the progress.

comic.jpg

crochetbraids-1.jpg

Back:
SDC14790-1-1-1.jpg

You grow girl, you know I am watching u right, you seem SO determined:grin:
You results are gonna be big

I didn't make a thread or anything, but I recently celebrated one full year of like...hardcore LHCF practices.

This was my hair in July 2009:

picture.php

And this is my hair now (July 2010):

picture.php

I think my ends looked better then...right now, they need the hand of Jesus. :nono:
But all the same, I'm happy with the progress.

Girl you have done SO well, I love the way it hangs. I hope mine does when its that length. I knw some other women have had to work on their ends..do a search :grin:

I am in Hiding doing my 4/2/6 method. Will use this method (in my fotki) for the next 1-2 years :) But I have time out so I will take progress pics right after new year due to my hair being braided from the beginning of December to jan. :)

Don't really feel like I have enough progress to post a thread, lol. I guess I'll take pictures after I wash all this stuff out of my hair. I was concocting and "playing hair scientist" again. :rolleyes:

Back