Is everybody going natural?

trendsetta25

Ladies, this is starting to sound like a good business opportunity for relaxed heads that have the following: healthy hair, great elocution, a decent camera, and video editing skills, :yep: Oh, I almost forgot desire and time.

That's exactly what I thought "turn up time" lol

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I am. :grin:

It was kind of an accident for me, I was doing one of my 6-month stretches, and when 6 months were up, I never got around to going to the salon.
At first, it was I didn't want to spend the money, and then I was like well, the new growth is not bad to deal with, and then after a while, I was just like nah. :lol:
I just got tired of the look, of the fuss and the drama, of the chemicals, and the protein deep treatments, and the trimming and the blah de blah.
All that rigmarole for some hair. Smdh.

It's now been 19 months since my last relaxer and I've been chilling. I definitely find my natural hair to be much lower maintenance, maybe because I don't feel the need to mess with it. For the first year, I bunned the whole time, and then the past 7 months have been spent in braids and twists because I got tired of trying to work with the two textures.

I'm hoping that at 24 months, I will have enough hair where I will feel comfortable cutting the relaxed ends and letting go of the braids.
But dis shrinkage is something that I never even imagined and I hate short hair on me, so I might end up tacking on another 6 months - 1 year of transitioning time.

Browndilocks

Browndisha Brownie Sundae
I'm 100% natural. My last relaxer was in May of 2001 and I think about going back to a relaxer all the time. :lol: I have access to a lot of distributors for great products etc and I know a TON of great stylists, so the care for my natural hair has not been difficult. Time & energy consuming but not difficult.

I often have this curiosity about being relaxed tho. Now that I have way more knowledge and resources instead of just going to the first Dominicana to get super strength relaxer slapped on, IDK. The thought is always there. The only things that have stopped me from relaxing is remembering how many years it took to transition and having the big lion mane that only natural hair can give you.

brownb83

shorty2 sweet/Onika R is going natural to? Man. lol that's just about every body. Prettywitty77 is my new relaxed YTber. Her hair is everything.

I feel like Onika's transition will be east she stretches for months at a time.

Misseyl

This is a good question. I recently chopped off the last remnants of my relaxed hair and I'm never going back to relaxers. I love relaxed hair but it does not love me. And as I got older, I think my hair changed because it just kept going downhill. I've experienced a lot of breakage even thou I followed my regime to a T. I've been on this journey for 10 years and my hair only reached collarbone length once maybe twice before I notice something I don't like and cut it off. This natural thing will keep me busy and I don't mind because I love handling my hair. I've had to learn about porosity, pHs and product selection, something I did not know while I was relaxing. Hopefully with my new-found knowledge I can get the kind of hair I always dreamed of.