inversion method

rawsilk

I have a Gaim shoulder/head stand helper and, after coming across this thread, I started doing up to a minute or two every other day. My hair looks better but I kind of think it may be attributable to other things that I started doing simultaneously (e.g., taking Arnica, regular tea tree oils, mega D3 etc.) Anyway, wanted to share that I agree totally with comment below re relaxing effect and add that there's an obvious benefit to health -- feel like I have had a 45 minute massage after I invert. Relieves all the trapped energy in spine/hips, waist looks longer, just feel/look "better" - hard to describe. Just try it and don't give up, regardless of hair effect -- remember, hair follows health!

Inversion therapy is good for your health, not just hair growth. I did the headstand using my body lift for 5 minutes, 30 days straight. I don't know how much growth I got, but my hair was full and thicker. I prefer my slantboard which is basically the same thing, inverting your body. I lay on that thing for 10-15 minutes, 5 days a week. It's so relaxing. I try to do it first thing in the morning, or before I go to bed. This does contribute to fast hair growth because you're getting the blood to the scalp.

faithVA

I am on my 6th day of inversion. :yay: I'm proud of myself that I am actually going to complete it. Since I color my grays it will be easy to see what growth I get.

Besides the growth benefits that it may bring, inversion is definitely helping my back. I can feel my muscles stretching in my back when I hang over. This month I am just going to stick to the 7 days to see how it works on my hair. But next month I am going to invert more often just to keep my back muscles stretched out. I sit all day at work and my back needs the extra stretching.

After day 7, I will be back, mid January to report on my growth for the 30 day period.

BFeathers

^^^ I read once that this method works because it *shocks* your scalp into a jumpstart of growth. The more you do it however your scalp will become conditioned to it thus not being as effective.

Something along those lines and it really does make sense. At least to me.

I tried this full for the first time in February and I definitely think it helped. The week I did this I also did the GHE which was awesome at the beginning but the more NG I have the less I can tolerate it. My NG just cannot be denied! It's so fierce it scares me sometimes lol.

I wish I could take better pictures because my hair has grown so much since my relaxer 11/26/13 but I just take really bad selfies especially trying to snap pictures of the back.

Hopefully a new phone (needed anyway!) will help.

Last edited:

PureSilver

mizzmimi maybe you will get continuous or a faster growth rate.

BFeathers yes it does, it has thicken up my hair and there is proof in the thread and on youtube that others have benefited tremendously from it. Maybe we can be relaxer buddies. I my last relaxer was 11/23/13. When is your next relaxer. also i'm very close to BSL.

Ladies join us in the Inversion challenge :http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=707143

Youtube Videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCvDHNQg7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUXO_qxnMto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4o6snSNV6A

BFeathers

@mizzmimi maybe you will get continuous or a faster growth rate.

@BFeathers yes it does, it has thicken up my hair and there is proof in the thread and on youtube that others have benefited tremendously from it. Maybe we can be relaxer buddies. I my last relaxer was 11/23/13. When is your next relaxer. also i'm very close to BSL.

Ladies join us in the Inversion challenge :http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=707143

Youtube Videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=idCvDHNQg7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUXO_qxnMto

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4o6snSNV6A

I'm trying to stretch it out. Due to the humidity I just don't have the energy to do my hair daily so I'm about to get a sew in and stick with that protective style through August. Maybe October. I really think my hair is benefiting from 2 things. Relaxer stretching and no flat ironing. I wash, DC and roller set my hair weekly without fail and my hair is super thick at the roots. More so than usual.

Where were you at that last relaxer? I want to say I was right at neck length. And that was from being ear length in late June.

I probably shouldn't stretch so long but for me it's working and if I can keep my hands out of my hair I'll do anything.

But thick roots, bunning, thin/balding sides that are trying to recover...I just can't wear my hair out this summer. The sides have me really self conscious and it's hard struggling to swoop it to cover because it's so thin.

I use to be full shoulder length before self tragedy/stupidity ended that :perplexed

I know I can get there by at least Christmas then I'll hang up the weaves literally on the pants hangers and shove them under plastic for a few years.

joyous

I haven't checked my length but my edges are filling in like crazy. I also had a thin spot on top of my head and that has grown in also. I don't use any oil when I massage. I just massage while I'm inverted for four minutes.

Sosoothing

Yes I have. It actually helped my hair to pass what i thought was my terminal length of APL. I made it to between BSL and MBL when I started doing inversions. I believe I posted pics somewhere in this thread.

Oh really? :scratchchin:
I might just have to incorporate inversions into my regimen.

Chicoro

5 Year Shea Anniversary: Started Dec 16th, 2016!
Yes I have. It actually helped my hair to pass what i thought was my terminal length of APL. I made it to between BSL and MBL when I started doing inversions. I believe I posted pics somewhere in the inversion challenge thread.

@Aggie, can you bump those photos for us, please?

Aggie

Hi I think I found it in my drop box, thankfully @Chicoro. Oh dear, it's not even fully stretched. But this is the best I got at the moment. The pic in my avi is about 2 years earlier than the pic here.

Attachments

• 2016-08-24 19.42.38.jpg
    2016-08-24 19.42.38.jpg
    880.3 KB · Views: 16

Chicoro

Hi I think I found it in my drop box, thankfully @Chicoro. Oh dear, it's not even fully stretched. But this is the best I got at the moment. The pic in my avi is about 2 years earlier than the pic here.

This is another one I found

These are the ones I remembered seeing! Thank you for accommodating my request. These photos are so inspiring and are what inspired me to begin inversion and because I trust you and your information.

Chicoro

There looks to be about a 10 inch difference between the photo in avi and the one in the heat stretched hair.

Aggie

There looks to be about a 10 inch difference between the photo in avi and the one in the heat stretched hair.
Yes it is about that much length. I remember thinking - "What in the name of all things wonderful is this?" Needless to say, I was quite happy with the results.

Chicoro

Yes it is about that much length. I remember thinking - "What in the name of all things wonderful is this?" Needless to say, I was quite happy with the results.

Fabulous! How long is your hair now? Are you past bra-strap? I know you like to keep your hair at a certain length.

Aggie

Fabulous! How long is your hair now? Are you past bra-strap? I know you like to keep your hair at a certain length.
That was ususally at APL that I kept it because it never seemed to be able to pass that point with any success. It is at BSL now because I did have a needed cut a couple months ago. I do need to check it though since I haven't in a while - you know, watched pot never boils and all :rolleyes:. So I try not to watch it too closely too quickly to avoid disappointments.