inversion method

Jobwright

What will the inversion challenge rules be? Must use oil and state the type of oil used, must massage daily or nightly for ___ minutes, must invert for 4, no more than 5 minutes, post starting length check/pull check, 7 day length/pull check and 14 day check? Is a new thread forming or will we continue in this thread? Or am I soooo late?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
What will the inversion challenge rules be? Must use oil and state the type of oil used, must massage daily or nightly for ___ minutes, must invert for 4, no more than 5 minutes, post starting length check/pull check, 7 day length/pull check and 14 day check? Is a new thread forming or will we continue in this thread? Or am I soooo late?

I think PureSilver is posting the deets today.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

LaVgirl

I'll be starting inversions again on November 3rd. Only because I prefer to do a full calender week. :)

Barbie83

my friend gained a lot of length from going to hot yoga a couple times a week over the course of a few months....sounds like the same concept...hanging your head in different poses + a hot steamy room = majorly fast growth :yep:

Beautifulwildflower

I'll be starting inversions again on November 3rd. Only because I prefer to do a full calender week. :)

Oh my goodness, what beautiful hair!

• Challenges: BSL 2013, Inversion Method

Naphy

I just woke up with a violent headache.... don't know if I should continue this whole inversion thing.... Im only on my 4th day and I'm already receiving some new growth though :ohwell:

Rozlewis

Jobwright, I do the inversion method but I a on a different schedule. For example, my day 7 is tonight so I will start with this challenge in December. Thanks for dong this.

Altruisticoam

So I started the inversion method today (nov 1st) and made note of my measurements. This will be my second time attempting the method. The first time around I was inconsistent and had some issues with the oil I was using. This time around I'm using a different oil and am hoping to get some tips from all u ladies who are doing it this week as well. I'm also going to try to be consistent with my pose and do the downward dog all 7 days. Can't wait to see what happens :)

Beautifulwildflower

Gonna start day 1 of my 2nd month. I wanted to start earlier, but I had a really stressful night. So before it turns into day 2 I need to get it goin':yep:, plus I think it will help calm my nerves, too.

Looking forward to some positive results and this time I'm gonna try to remember hot oil and massage before I invert. Last month I kept forgetting those two things before I inverted. I couldn't wait to get to the hanging over part (relaxing). Anyway, "let's get this party started :grin:!"

• 4c - all natural since 2011 :rosebud:
  • Current length 2" past APL after wash (haven't straightened since spring 2013 so not sure if I reached my goal yet. I'll know in Dec.)
  • Goal: BSL by Dec. 31???
  • Challenges: BSL 2013, Inversion Method

ronie

Disclaimer: I am not pushing this method. I am not trying to convince anyone to keep trying or starting practicing the inversion method. If it did not work for you, this is not to make you come back to it. I just want to share my experience.

To the ladies asking about pictures.
I don't know about anyone else, but it is very hard to capture accurate measurements on pictures. We are talking about an inch, sometimes less, of progress. It is very difficult to accurately show it especially if your hair is unprocessed ( no perm or color), has lots of shrinkage, or is short. All of which apply to me.
You all know your hair, and you know when it finally hangs a bit lower, or finally does things you ve been waiting for it to do ( fits in a ponytail, stays in larger twists etc. So you know whether you got increased growth pictures or not.
I tried to take these, and I started the 7 day session on Friday. I will try to repeat the pictures as closed to these as possible. Here it goes

View attachment 231019

View attachment 231021

View attachment 231023

View attachment 231025

Hello ladies
here are LC pictures taken yesterday (wednesday 11/6). I completed the inversion on friday cause i missed on day, so did one more session on friday. No oils, no massage, i invert for 4 mns once daily. I will also post an old picture of me doing it.
Sorry couldn't do side by side pictures, so you would have to open the pictures individually.

Attachments

• IMG_0734.jpg
    IMG_0734.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    IMG_0738.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    IMG_0739.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    IMG_0742.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:

Cocoloves

Hello ladies here are LC pictures taken yesterday (wednesday 11/6). I completed the inversion on friday cause i missed on day, so did one more session on friday. No oils, no massage, i invert for 4 mns once daily. I will also post an old picture of me doing it. Sorry couldn't do side by side pictures, so you would have to open the pictures individually.

That is exactly what I was thinking. My hair shrinks a lot and stretched it is only 2.5 inches or so (my estimate). I figure I will know how well inversion is working by determining how fast I get to my goal of being able to twist it and have enough to roll on rod they way I like it. Thanks for sharing.

trendsetta25

Today is day 1 for me. I'm 2 inches away from BSL (its been a long road for me). I warmed up my JBCO, massaged and laid on the bed with my head back. I set my timer for 4 mins and read this thread (LOL). I didn't take a starting picture since I'm in braids but I do have a picture I took 2 weeks ago to compare once I'm done. I plan on relaxing on Dec 31 and I'm currently 21 weeks post.

Last edited:

jbwphoto1

My two strand twists have gotten really loose. Sunday was wash day and I only lost one. I've lost three twists since then. I only got these done 2.5 weeks ago and need to try to make it to the second week in December. But still, I will do my inversion Dec 1st -7th.

TwoSnapsUp

***I KNOW that it's only recommendation you invert once a month***

Has anyone done it more than once, say twice in a month and gotten double the growth results?

fancypants007

Has anyone done it more than once, say twice in a month and gotten double the growth results?

Inversion therapy is good for your health, not just hair growth. I did the headstand using my body lift for 5 minutes, 30 days straight. I don't know how much growth I got, but my hair was full and thicker. I prefer my slantboard which is basically the same thing, inverting your body. I lay on that thing for 10-15 minutes, 5 days a week. It's so relaxing. I try to do it first thing in the morning, or before I go to bed. This does contribute to fast hair growth because you're getting the blood to the scalp.

la mosca

Inversion therapy is good for your health, not just hair growth. I did the headstand using my body lift for 5 minutes, 30 days straight. I don't know how much growth I got, but my hair was full and thicker. I prefer my slantboard which is basically the same thing, inverting your body. I lay on that thing for 10-15 minutes, 5 days a week. It's so relaxing. I try to do it first thing in the morning, or before I go to bed. This does contribute to fast hair growth because you're getting the blood to the scalp.

Yes, I do daily inversions as part of my exercise routine. It feels great, and my growth rate is about double what it was before I regularly inverted.