Introducing myself!

MizAvalon

Hello ladies! I have been lurking here faithfully for the past 6-8 months and figured that it was time to finally join the party. I check-in every day and feel like I know all of you. A little about myself: I'm 27 yrs. old, live in Md and am devoted to my hair. Almost obsessively so,lol. I'm relaxed after being natural for about 4 yrs. and my hair is a little past bra-strap. I look forward to offically meeting all of you and hope that I'll be welcome here. Thanks!

joyous

Well glad you came out of lurk mode and decided to join the forum. Welcome aboard and I look forward to reading your posts.

kitchen_tician

WELCOME

Nay

Hi, Mizavalon:

Welcome! You've been lurking long enough that you are already "family."

Lindy

Welcome!!
It sounds like you have healthy hair!! What's your current regimen, and what products do you use??

MizAvalon

Hi Lindy, yes my hair is pretty healthy. I have a pretty low-maintanence regimen. I wash and condition with Kerastase products once a week, use a little leave in and either bun or braid it up. I have decided to stretch out my relaxers from now on and have been going about 13-15 weeks before touching up. It gets a little rough around week 10, but I make it through ok. I have also this year, started getting my hair trimmed less and it has made all the difference. My hair has really taken off. I work from home, so I don't need to have my hair "done" every day for work, which has also been a great help. Little to almost no manipulation except on wash day. Rarely any heat and basically just leaving it alone. I went to a wedding a couple of weeks ago and got it "did up" for that and was blown away by how pretty and long it has gotten over the past yr. I've been lurking here for about 8 months and you ladies are so wonderful! Thank you for welcoming me!