Internal vs External- Which growth method gave you the best results

Internal or External

• Total voters

GoingNatural

Umm i say external, but not because of topical growth solutions. It can't be internal b/c I don't take vitamins and I eat when I can and whatever is available which doesn't lead to balanced and healthy most of the time.

So, when i say external methods I mean--my conditioners, leave ins, no heat.

ETA: This is really bothering me like she did it to me!

tia123

I belive internal and not because of vitamins and stuff. I think your system just has to be in good working order for hair, nails, and skin, and eyes to function properly.

KiniKakes

MissMadaam said:
I didnt vote cuz i think both are essential together... I noticed taking them internally made my hair healthy and fuller moderate growth..and externally gives it a boost

Ditto!!!

amina kamal

I would have to say internal because hair is an extension of your health and when your body is balanced healthy-wise your hair will reflect that. I didn't really see a big difference in my hair as a result of growth aides. There is no magic bullet to having healthy hair. It comes with time and patience and dedication. Weekly deep conditioning, daily moisturizing, protective styling, low heat...these are the things that will give you healthy hair and growth in the long run.

meaganita

I say both. Taking care of the body on the inside and taking care of the hair on the outside yield the best results.

hothair

cutiebe2 said:
I would say that external (MTG, MN) gave me the growth but its the internal stuff (MSM, Biotin, Flaxseed oil), that gave me healthy new growth

what she said

Ballerina_Bun

Isis said:
I must say internal. :yep:

I really noticed this several years ago when I couldn't figure out why my hair was breaking off and was so dry all the time (this was before my hair care journey). I had a very healthy vegetarian diet, drank lots of water, took flaxseed oil daily and it just didn't make sense.

I finally went to the doctor and learned I was anemic and needed to take iron supplements. That turned it all around for me almost right away and I started paying more attention to the internal effects on my hair in a different light. Later I discovered LHCF and learned about the external factors of hair care. :)

Some iron supplements have been so constipating that doctors have recommended. Which one have you taken that has been good?

Aggie

Ditto..you didn't include combination in your poll so I could not vote. I do not know which, what, is the factor so COMBO effect is my response.
I'll just take the growth and fly with that. Svelte, a few months and after COLONIX is when I began to notice a change..about 6mg a day.

ITA with you BrooklynSouth. I would have voted for both as well although internal would have been on top of the list for me. I find that when I increase my protein and water intake, my hair, skin and nails flourish like an unending spring.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
I would have to say internal because I haven't used any topical growth aids. I've been using Biotin for a while now and started Flaxseed oil capsules and B-100 about two months ago. I also conciously increased my protein intake, tried to eat better, exercise more often and drink more water. So all of that and I have a pretty good simple regimen.

AvaSpeaks

External.

Vitamins and internal remedies help grow and push healthy hair out. But once it's out, the environment has other plans.

Keeping my hair moisturized, clean, protected, has helped me retain my hair. When I don't do that, all of my growth breaks off!

zzirvingj

I voted internal. I don't really use any external aides currently, but last year I did get in a good amount of exercise, water, MSM (irregularly though), flax & omega supplements. OH....and SALMON! I ate a ton of tha last year, and my growth was pretty good :yep:

nappy85

Sorry I can't choose one without the other. First and more importanly in my opinion, general nutrition is key (fruits, vegetables, water and protein). Second, preventative measures are a must (use little heat, protect my strands, keep my scalp clean and moisturize daily). Lastly, anything else is a bonus (deep conditioning, daily co-washes, etc...).

nappy85

Opps!!! :blush: I forgot the key word was GROWTH AIDS!!! Sorry. Let's just say I consider fruits, vegetables, water and protein growth aids lol

Ozma

I voted internal. I got the best consistent hair growth when I was exercising daily, eating a vegetarian diet and drinking only water. Of course, this was a few years ago. I'm trying to get back there.

supermodelsonya

Ive suffered from some side effects using topical growth aides so I really didn't use long enough to get results, although Bee Mine helped my daughter's hair.

I have to vote internal because my hair took off something serious with Biotin. My hair was fighting to get out of my scalp!

softblackcotton

I totally vote for internal. My hair grows very well when I'm drinking alot of water, taking my vitamins, eating well enough, exercising, etc. I really noticed a rapid growth spurt when I was taking cheapie hair vitamins called Exotic Allure. It's the retaining where I have a problem, which is why I'm here on this forum! I need to retain! ::spinning:

moonglowdiva

I have had greater growth and strength with taking vitamins. Growth aides did nothing for me. I have also found that less is more when it comes to vitamins. I just need to be consistent with it.

NaiyaAi

Depends on what you mean. External methods, like MN, gave me faster growth, but internal methods, like biotin, MSM, vitamins, etc. gave me much healthier hair than when I wasn't taking anything. So both, I guess?

belldandy

a combination of leaving it alone, protecting, coating it with conditioner, working out and eating right. oh yes, and one multivitamin per day.