Growth Aids vs Deep Conditioning

ycj

I know there will not be many to post about this subject but I would like to know your personal experiences. Mega Tek/Ovation Cell Therapy/BT/BM and all the other growth aids lurking out there and the Deep conditioning, has one worked better overall than the other. Many ladies on this site swear by some of these growth aids and I found a few like myself that has'nt been as fortunate as the majority. What is your overall favorite? Which gave you better growth results? The constant conditioning or the growth aids? One or the other pls. All of which is with consistency! Maybe I should just go ahead and cw and deep condition every other day instead of countless investments in products that are doing nothing regarding my hair growth. I just don get it!:wallbash: Why so many are getting fantastic results and others as myself are'nt reaping the benefits. I just want honest opinions please. Thanks:grin:

JustKiya

I'm doing both, and getting great results.

I really think that you should have given MT longer than 30 days to work, but I've always encouraged people to give it 90 days, no matter what sort of fabulous results others were getting in their first week. ;) Different heads, different results.

With that said - for me, the additional DC'ing and the growth aid (MT, obviously) have really gone hand in hand for me. If I wasn't using the MT on a daily basis, I don't think that I would need to DC twice a week - in fact, I'm almost certain that I wouldn't, because I wouldn't be touching my hair at all during the week.

Just weekly DC'ing, or even daily cowashing, haven't given me the results that the dc'ing + MT have - both in growth, and in overall hair health. For my hair, I really think that the daily cowashing was just too MUCH manipulation, and would have actually stalled out my growth if I continued to do it over the long term.

ETA: Meh, I got a lil rambly. Simply said, I think that DC'ing and/or growth aids will work, but you have to give them both time. Lots of it. In fact, I think that it'll take longer to see growth related results from just DC'ing than from DC'ing and a growth aid.

Last edited:

Tamrin

unapologetic
Healthy hair and long hair takes time and consistency. One cannot go into it expecting miracles and 3 inches in a month. Its not possible. Hair needs nurture. I know you tried the growth aids. They do work. However you need to give them a little time. Along with the Growth aids. You need to DC. It allows you to restore moisture and or protein balance to the hair. As a result you will retain length. After all, no matter how much growth you get your hair will always be short if you cannot retain what you grew.

So be patient. You will see. :yep:

Mook's hair

I am also doing both and getting good results.
I've been using BM and I deep condition with ORS Replenishing or LeKair Cholesterol. I add Silk Amino Acids to my conditioners.

I also take chewable flinstones vitamins.