Aphogee for damaged hair or Dudley's DRC

Hardcore protein

• Total voters

disgtgyal

I'm going to do a protein treatment the wash before my relaxer to strengthen my demarcation line. I would like to know which protein treatment would majority of the lhcf ladies recommend and why? Choices are aphogee treatment for damaged hair and Dudley's DRC. Information about the current state of my hair is as follows; last relaxer last week of Dec '08 (vitale life & body), next relaxer June 13, bigen hair dye with adore rinse on top, slight breakage and shedding, currently using Joico k- pak line along with moisture recovery. TIA

pmichael52172

You may be even more confused after everyone chimes in because based on prior threads (through the search engine) it's still half and half for the most part. I did an intense search a couple of years ago. My stylist was already using Dudley's DRC on me (when I was relaxed) and I loved it. I've never tried Aphogee so I'm going with Dudley's. I even purchased my own bottle and used it at home THE SAME DAY that I would self-relax.

gymfreak336

I use both but the dudleys is easier to use. I would go with the dudleys. Like the pmicheal mentioned, I also use it the day of relaxing as well.

Aggie

I was thinking about trying Dudley's DRC and wanted to know how strong it is. Gymfreak, is it a hardcore protein like Aphogee for damaged hair or a slightly milder protein treatment?

LABETT

I have been using Dudley DRC for years and get great results each time.
I dont like Aphogee hardcore treatment ,just something about getting my hair hard as a brick and it stinks. :nono:

tidit

Gym and PMMichael:

How do you use Dudley's on relaxer day? Do you use it before applying relaxer, as a mid-step protein before neutralizing or after the neutralizing shampoo? My understanding was that a hardcore protein immediately after a relaxer would cause the relaxed hair to 'revert' somewhat.

gymfreak336

I was thinking about trying Dudley's DRC and wanted to know how strong it is. Gymfreak, is it a hardcore protein like Aphogee for damaged hair or a slightly milder protein treatment?

Whats up Aggie.....

I know its going to sound funny but I don't like using the term hardcore :lol:

I do think it is a strong protein product. I think in terms on protein, it it has more than aphogee but since it doesn't use magnesium sulfate to bond to the hair, it doesn't leave my hair as hard. Its expensive but lasts a long time. I only condition for 10-15 minutes afterwards.

gymfreak336

Gym and PMMichael:

How do you use Dudley's on relaxer day? Do you use it before applying relaxer, as a mid-step protein before neutralizing or after the neutralizing shampoo? My understanding was that a hardcore protein immediately after a relaxer would cause the relaxed hair to 'revert' somewhat.

I do think relaxer reversion can occur after a process but in my personal experience, Dudleys DRC has not that done that to me. I have used it as a mid protein step and as a 15-20 minute treatment after the relaxer. My hair always comes out very strong and has nice sheen to it when I use it.

LABETT

I do think relaxer reversion can occur after a process but in my personal experience, Dudleys DRC has not that done that to me. I have used it as a mid protein step and as a 15-20 minute treatment after the relaxer. My hair always comes out very strong and has nice sheen to it when I use it.
Gym,I think I will try it after my next relaxer to see how my hair responds. Thanks.

Dommo

I've never tried the Aphogee but I really like Dudley's DRC...You don't have to harden it and as soon as you rinse it out, there is a drastic, immediate difference in the strength of your hair. Plus i never hair any horror stories about it like i hear about the Aphogee hardcore treatment.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I use Aphogee but will be going to Dudleys to see what its all about, when I use what I have first. BTW where do you ladies get Dudley's from?

Ariana4000

I think Aphogee changed the formula so it doesn't work for me anymore, and the old aphogee dried me out too much anyway. I prefer the Dudley.

Aggie

Whats up Aggie.....

I know its going to sound funny but I don't like using the term hardcore :lol:

I do think it is a strong protein product. I think in terms on protein, it it has more than aphogee but since it doesn't use magnesium sulfate to bond to the hair, it doesn't leave my hair as hard. Its expensive but lasts a long time. I only condition for 10-15 minutes afterwards.

Hmmm, more protein than Aphogee huh? Thanks for the breakdown honey. Looks like I will be purchasing it then:yep:.

pmichael52172

From what I understand, DRC is a hardcore protein. I've always used it as a same day treatment w/ my relaxer. I or my stylist would apply it after rinsing the neutralizing shampoo. You can use a cap or not (I don't) andsit under the dryer. It will get hard so don't touch. As you're rinsing it out, you feel the difference. Afterwards, you deep deep deeeep condition. My hair feels stronger when rinsing it out and after it's dried and styled it's noticeably healthy.

disgtgyal

Okay, so although the votes are in favor of aphogee i think I'll try dudley's drc I was sold when someone mentioned it contains more protein than aphogee. I also believe the new formula doesn't work as well for me as the old one did, so I'm willing to give Dudley's a try.

Highly Favored8

I always use Apoghee no problems. However, I use to have Dudley products in my hair when I was a teen. I never knew Dudley had a protien treatment.

gymfreak336

I think Aphogee changed the formula so it doesn't work for me anymore, and the old aphogee dried me out too much anyway. I prefer the Dudley.

They did change it and I am finding that is isn't as strong for me anymore either. I use it more frequently as a result.

gymfreak336

I always use Apoghee no problems. However, I use to have Dudley products in my hair when I was a teen. I never knew Dudley had a protien treatment.

The DRC is the big guns protein. They also have the hair rebuilder which is a creamy protein conditioner. My 16oz bottle of it should be getting delivered any day now.

Highly Favored8

The DRC is the big guns protein. They also have the hair rebuilder which is a creamy protein conditioner. My 16oz bottle of it should be getting delivered any day now.

Interesting:look:. You say the "big guns" is Dudley stronger than the Apoghee? I like what you said about the rebuilder creamy protien condish.
I like Dudley products just stopped using them. IDK you got me thinking.:yep:

Aggie

The Dudley's dealer here is a friend of mine and so I'll purchase both of these from her:yep:. Thanks Gymfreak.

gymfreak336

Interesting:look:. You say the "big guns" is Dudley stronger than the Apoghee? I like what you said about the rebuilder creamy protien condish.
I like Dudley products just stopped using them. IDK you got me thinking.:yep:

I think DRC is a better product than the aphogee even though I use them both for different reasons.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
using egg as protein didn't work for me so i'm looking for something different. i may just try the Dudley's. just one question: does it stink like the Aphogee?

beana

OP, thanks for posting this!!!!

I've used both and prefer DRC hands down... its just more expensive, but well worth it. Thanks for reminding me this great product exists.

disgtgyal

I got mine from sleekhair. And no it doesnt stink the way aphogee does, i actually like the smell of drc, and yes its a hell of alot more expensive than aphogee but your will feel stronger and silkier

prettyw/pink

Never used Dudley's. But I have used the whole Aphogee system and I feel I never got any real results....Aphogee is probably the more popular one.:perplexed

Attachments

• 232323232fp536;4_nu=32_;_57__;63_WSNRCG=32_93672_532_nu0mrj.jpg
    232323232fp536;4_nu=32_;_57__;63_WSNRCG=32_93672_532_nu0mrj.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 46

Aggie

My hair really hates that Aphogee 2 Step Treamtent for damaged hair so yesterday I went out and bought the Dudley's DRC 28 treatment based on gymfreak's reviews. I will try it as soon as I take these extension braids down, which incidently is not scheduled for take-down until the end of October. I will update as soon as I've tried it.

Last edited:

jamaraa

Aphogee all the way. I actually love the Dudley's line, but I find it far too hard to get and too expensive in my neck of the woods. Aphogee can be gotten for about $5-7 for a 4 oz (which will last forever) and can be gotten almost anywhere (ie Sally's). Dudley's, if you're not in a big city w/ high end salons/stores that carry it...it's gonna cost you. I've never thought the cost/benefit ratio quite worth going for the Dudleys (tho I just bought some PCA!!)

Aphogee leaves your stuff like SATIN!

FYI....you don't need the other step the product to work. All you need is the bottle of stuff that dries on your hair and plenty of great moisturizing condish.

Last edited: